Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 70 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 77 reviews
on October 5, 2012
I was nervous about purchasing a Chicco KeyFit30 adaptor for the City Mini (I bought a used City Mini Single that is definitely not a 2012 model) because there seem to be so many conflicting reviews. I bought this adaptor based on the previous two reviews, and installed the adaptor in about 10 minutes. No tools required, and I'm 37 weeks pregnant.

I found the instruction booklet to be clear (there were separate pages for Graco, Peg Perego, Chicco, Baby Trend/Britax/Evenflo/Safety 1st, and Cybex/Maxi Cosi) and the parts well-labeled. The adaptor came ready to install for Graco car seats.

Two things that may be helpful for other users: You might be able to keep the City Mini sunshade on and still install the adaptor, but I took it off right away to prevent anything from getting in the way. I have the Magic/Rattania Chicco KeyFit30, so it has a larger canopy than other Chicco carseat models. I didn't feel like I was losing anything by removing the City Mini sunshade. Everything clicked in immediately as expected, with the exception of the carseat. One side clicked in easily. For the other side, I could feel where the carseat had to fit into the adaptor, and gently pushed the carseat from the bottom towards the stroller push handle until it audibly clicked. Solely applying force from the top did nothing to make it click in.

The box that the adaptor arrived in made no mention of "Chicco" or "City Mini", but the directions inside clearly indicated that this adaptor (item #BJ90121, found above the barcode) would work for that combination.

A separate website had more details on this adaptor:
"The following Car Seats will click in to the adaptors:
Chicco Keyfit 30
Cybex Aton
Evenflo Serenade
Graco Snugride
Maxi Cosi
Peg Perego Primo Viaggio

The following Car Seats will fit into the adaptors but will not click in:
Baby Trend Flex Loc
Evenflo Discovery
Safety 1st OnBoard 35
Britax Chaperone"
33 comments| 81 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 25, 2013
My husband was eager to use our "real" stroller, and it certainly handles much better than the Snap n Go, so we got this adapter. It's OK. We've never folded it with the adapter in, and I didn't realize you could! But still, then putting it in the car with other stuff would be silly - it would stick up all crazy. It's pretty easy to snap it in and take it out - just pull the fabric near the connecting part aside - it's black on our stroller and almost invisible. I kept trying to make the adapter click in and it wouldn't, which was frustrating. So the thing totally works, is secure, but may not be worth it for the time used. I also learned my baby loves to be worn in a carrier. If she wakes up in the carrier she goes back to sleep; if she wakes up in the stroller she cries. So if we're going for a long walk, for now, I'll wear her and skip the stroller and adapter.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 8, 2014
This is an amazing product because we were able to use our jogging stroller as soon as our daughter was born. It is such a simple little bar, but it's very sturdy and holds our car seat on the top portion of the stroller. It's an expensive little add on, but well worth it if you are planning on keeping your car seat and stroller for more children. We used this until our daughter was about 6 months old, and used it everyday. You have to read the directions carefully when installing this onto the stroller to make sure that it's on correctly. Once you have it on, you won't have to worry about anything, your child is in great hands.
on December 5, 2013
Does what it says, used it for a chico car seat. They do not feel strong enough in the latching system and ask that you add a strap over the top which I do not like using. Bad manual. Does not fit on with hood on my Chico, but it came off easy. Wish I would have purchased the Chico version (key fit caddy) of this type of thing.
on October 30, 2013
I LOVE the city mini GT stroller from baby jogger, its so compact and light. Unfortunately, this mounting bracket makes it super awkward to fold and store. Once you get the hang of it, its ok...but it does stick out so you need alot more room to store it. At first, I hated it because the Graco setting made my carseat sit straight up and my baby's head would fall forward. I called the company and they sent me a replacement part, so it sits more level now. I love that I can use the nice stroller instead of an infant carseat travel system. Overall, I like it...but I'll be glad to have it gone when hes big enough to sit in the stroller himself!
on May 3, 2013
We have a baby jogger that is over 10 years old and has been through 3 kids (my nephew, niece, and my first kid). The only thing "wrong" with it is that it cannot accept a car seat. Otherwise I love it. For my kid #2 we splurged and got a new jogger that has the necessary hardware to take a car seat. We bought this bracket to add our Graco snugride. It works exactly as designed and makes it possible for me to use my new stroller with my baby well before her neck is strong enough to ride in the stroller itself. I have only used it for walking, since I'm using it in my neighborhood with bumpy, uneven sidewalks.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 5, 2015
Works very well with our Maxi-Cosi and City-Mini 4-wheel. There were extra parts for other car seats that confused me initially but once I read the instruction manual I was three snaps away from walking baby around.
I did have to remove the city-mini sun canopy to fit the Maxi-Cosi on the stroller. I actually ended up removing all of the fabric from the stroller since it is unneeded at this time.
on December 26, 2013
It took me a bit to figure out how to click the car seat into the base (some force was necessary and I would hear clicks...but the car seat was not actually fastened in). My issue is that once the car seat and baby are on top of the stroller, the stroller becomes very top heavy and could easily flip if you aren't careful. Honestly I can't see how it hasn't been recalled. BUT, it was really handy and I didn't have to wake my baby up to put him in the stroller. It is easily installed/uninstalled onto the stroller.
on January 26, 2013
We have the Graco Snugride 30, and I find that this adapter works well with our car seat. It does take a while to get the hang of properly putting the car seat into the adapter so that it clicks into place - but it is not difficult.

The instructions, though include pictures should be much bigger because they are so dark they are almost useless. Although, it was very simple to attach the adapter to the stroller - read the instructions for your car seat and use some common sense.

The adapter does seem shockingly light, but surprisingly sturdy.

Pros:
Easy to attach
Fits well with Graco Snugride 30 - and the red level line is level with the floor when car seat is properly in place
Fits the City Micro - the specifications were not clear about whether it would - but it does.

Cons:
Horrible instruction pictures, although each brand of car seat has separate instructions which is good
Takes a little while to get car seat properly attached (becomes easier when done numerous times)

I love my City Micro and this adapter makes its usable for my 3 month old.
on April 6, 2014
Easy to assemble and install on the stroller, we use this all the time because our son usually falls asleep on the drive and instead of disturbing his slumber, we just pop the car seat right on the stroller. The only thing I don't like is the that when you collapse the stroller with this attached, it sticks straight out and doesn't fold. But it is easy enough to install that I remove it and replace when I put in the stroller in the trunk.