Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Baby Jogger City Select Second Seat Kit, Onyx (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now

I have the Baby Jogger City Select with Second Seat and I love it. No stroller is perfect, but of the doubles I've had (Maclaren Twin Tecno, Maclaren Triumph and Bob Duallie), this is my go-to everyday stroller because it is the narrowest, goes anywhere and folds compactly. If I had to do it over, this probably would have been my only stroller - I just wish I had known about it before buying the others!

All these strollers can be used with my 8-month old twins and with my 41" preschooler, but the City Select is the most useful one.

PROS:

* The City Select has been named Baby Gizmo's 2010 Top Tandem Stroller.

* Goes anywhere - the reason I got it. I found out the hard way that side-by-sides do not fit between parked cars - the City Select does, with room to spare. This is the most important consideration when you're out and about with twins, so that you're not forced to leave one child alone in front of or behind your car while putting the other one in their car seat. The narrow width of the City Select has also been a huge advantage at doctor's offices, restaurants and stores that have narrower aisles.

* Can be used from birth up. You can configure the City Select with optional Baby Jogger Car Seat Adaptor City Select, Single for one or two babies (three types sold, some car seats fit better than others) or with one or two seats (place the heaviest child in the top position); it can have stadium seating facing forward (with a huge storage basket), or you can put both seats facing you so they can recline fully @ 180 degrees (better for babies, looks like bunk beds).

* The three-part canopies are excellent and provide far more shade than most Maclaren strollers. A zip-in mesh backing can be zipped in front for additional sun shade when the sun is low (though the instructions don't say this). A clear peek-a-boo window with built-in mesh for shade on top has a flap with quiet magnetic close.

* Total weight load recommended for this stroller is 45 lbs per seat (combined passenger and baggage weight), so calculate 90 lbs total max allowance with two seats. Max allowance for the basket is 15 lbs and for each seat pocket, 2 lbs. My 14 m babies are 22 & 21 lbs, the diaper bag is 8 lbs = 51 lbs. Still way under the limit.

* Optional carrycots are sold separately.

* The wheels work on many surfaces. I've been able to use the City Select on narrow paths, dirt, snow and grass. The City Selects pushes very easily on smooth surfaces, even with my 32 lb son. In comparison, the Bob Revolution Duallie is superior off-road and feels lighter to push, but is way too long to use indoors in smaller spaces. The Techno Twin and Triumph handle very well on smooth surfaces but are impossible to use in snow.

* Very compact fold. The City Select takes up half the trunk of my minivan, standing up, with all three rows up. If I need more space in back, I simply stash the stroller & seats in the second row of the minivan. In comparison, the Bob Duallie takes up 3/4 of the cargo area in the minivan. The Maclaren Techno takes up the whole width of cargo area, lying flat - it's too tall to place upright without it hitting the heads of people in the third row.

* Huge storage basket - with the seats facing forward, the City Select has an enormous basket. I've been able to finally go grocery shopping with the twins and fit a fair amount of groceries underneath. When the seats are rear facing, storage is more limited but still usable. Zippers on all corners allow you to expand it and put in large items from the front, back or sides.

* The hand break is very easy to use and with the rubber wheels in back, provides a sure grip.

* The handle extends from 39" to 42" for taller parents. A Munchkin Stroller Hook, Colors May Vary can be placed on the handle to hold bags up to 8 lbs.

* I'm able to fit two 7 lb bouncy seats BABYBJÖRN BabySitter Balance, Brown/Beige or two 7 lb KidCo GoPod Portable Activity Seat - Pistachio in the storage basket - the diaper bag hanging down from the Munchkin stroller hook keeps them secure. No other double I have can do this - great for playgroups or when I need to take the babies out of the stroller for any reason and am alone.

* Many accessories - you can get many different ones but I found that stroller accessories from other manufacturers also work, at a fraction of the price.

JJ Cole Urban Toddler Bundle Me - Stealth fit these seats perfectly and can be used Spring & Fall - go with the toddler size which you'll use longer. LL Bean winter buntings work great in frigid winter weather. Fully reclined, the seats work like carrycots - my babies sleep very comfortably in them.

* Baby Jogger is coming out with a ride-on board for a third child in March 2010 but, if needed, the seats are wide enough (12 inches) and the canopy high enough for my 41" oldest child. Both the canopies and the seats can be extended for older kids.

* The "Baby Jogger City Select Second Seat Attachment Brackets" are sold separately if needed on mystrollers dot com. You do not have to buy the whole second seat.

* As a sidenote, my husband did not think I needed this stroller and was quite mad when I got it. But yesterday, we did a two-cart BJs' run (4 boxes diapers, wipes, formula, groceries etc) and had ZERO room left in the back or anywhere else of the minivan, apparently. No problem - the two seats folded flat and went in the front passanger seat well. Wheels and second seat adaptors come off easily - those were tucked underneath the seats; the frame folded flat (26" x 21" x 9") and was tucked behind the second row. My hubby was stunned. All was forgiven.

CONS:

* The City Select can be hard to get up and down curbs - if you're pushing it forward; but if you pull it backwards up or down a curb, it's no harder that any other stroller (actually a bit easier because of the larger wheels in back). I've even brought it up and down stairs (empty of course).

* The rain cover is not included. You can buy other brands that work though. For example, the universal Jeep rain shield fits each seat well or you can get a sngle cover for less from Sashas Kiddies Model BJCS Baby Jogger City Select Series Single Double Strollers Rain Cover (for use as a double).

* This stroller is full-sized and not a good pick for public transportation unless there is handicapped access. I've yet to find a double I can carry down stairs with a baby though.

* It takes about a minute to fold and put away, as you have to take each seat off. But after last night's BJs run, who cares!

As a side note, the 2010 model costs less than the 2011 model, which has been slightly redesigned with a firmer back and a deeper seat.
on June 8, 2015
Easily installed and easily the man reason we went with the Baby Jogger City Select - with our two kids we can comfortably get them in and walk through the neighborhood or two the park. However there are a few downsides:

- You cannot collapse the stroller with the additional child seat installed.
- Since you most likely will have your 2nd child in front, the heaviness - as they grow - may cause some difficulty getting up and over sidewalks.
- Once the second one is installed you can not have the Original (or top) Seat turned around to face you.

All in all, it works and considering my wife and I walk almost everyday and that we have never had any major issues with it (besides those I listed - which can be resolved), we think that it is a must have; you know you bought the stroller for the possibility for a 2nd seat so you don't even need a review... just get it!
on September 9, 2011
I am so happy to have this stroller- I purchased with the 2nd seat- so now I can take both kids out much easier! Love the versatility with how I can adjust the seats forward or rear-facing, and they can either sit up or recline. I did not purchase the car seat adaptor as some other reviewers suggested. I do put my 2 month old infant in the seat in the fully reclined position and she is fine- there is a 5 point harness so I feel that she is secure. My 20 month old rides in the other seat. I do put the baby in the top seat nearest me, facing me, so I can keep an eye on her. It does make it a little more difficult to push the stroller having the 21 pound child in the front seat, but luckily she is small for her age. I will reverse them when the baby gets a little older. The large canopies are great- kept both kids mostly dry on a very rainy day out. Magnet see-through window is great. I take both seats off to fold the stroller and put it in my car. They come on and off very easily- takes a minute. Stroller folds easily also. It's a bit heavy to lift in the car, but I would assume most double strollers are. I am VERY happy with the choice to get the tandem stroller- can fit almost anywhere.

My only complaint is that the front wheels kept locking up on us the 3rd time we had it out for the day, and we couldn't make turns without having to constantly manually adjust the wheels to the rotating position. I called customer service and they sent me a new set of wheels right away. I have only used the stroller once since then (without issues), so I am hoping that the problem is resolved. I will update this post if it's not corrected.

Overall, very happy!

UPDATE 2/2/12
We have had no issues with the new wheels. Still very happy.
on March 26, 2012
The seat works as advertised aside from one problem. When in the lowest position, facing forward with a Maxi-Cosi car seat clicked in the highest position, we are unable to use the chair with sunshade. It just does not fit. The seat by itself is OK but I would prefer to have the sunshade. Thankfully we will only be needing the car seat attachment a few more months.
on August 30, 2013
I loveeee my City Select and my kids love it too. The 2nd seat kit is a must. Wish I would have just bought the Select for my first child and added the kit later but instead wasted $350 on a Maclaren.
on September 3, 2013
I bought this second seat kit and used the posts for the car seat adapter for a while. Now my 6 month old rides in the toddler seat and is very secure with the great harness system. Altogether, I love the City Select stroller and get compliments and questions about it every time we're out in public. I think I've recommended it at least 4 times.
on June 5, 2014
We've had our double city select for a little over a year now and the front wheels lose traction all the time. It might not sound like a big deal, but it's a huge safety concern. This typically happens when crossing the street or intersections, and when it loses traction, the front wheels "freak out" to the point you can't push the stroller. Very frightening when crossing an intersection! I do like how this stroller is narrow and works for shopping malls, but it is very heavy when you have a 16 month old and almost 3 year old in it. Great sun canopy's and the magnetic flap is very smart. I can't give it more then two stars simply for the fear it causes every time we leave the sidewalk.
on October 13, 2013
Bought the second seat in conjunction with the bassinet kit and loving every minute of it. We can take the infant and 2 year old and still only use the space of a single stroller. My sister has twins and she is jealous every time she sees it in use!
on December 5, 2012
This is a very rugged stroller with a wonderful configuration flexibility. We use it for our 2 yr old son and 1 yr old daughter. It can be put together and stowed away in a snap! we took it with us overseas while vacationing and really had a great experience going through airports, customs, and security. We love it !
on November 14, 2014
Man, this is so expensive...Id' rather take the kid back to the hospital and tell them, "nah, everything costs too darn much, can I have a refund, please?" Especially this expenisve darn thing...........oh boy, that kid won't be able to go to college now, Miss Thing.