Spring Deals Automotive HPC Best Books of the Month Casual Friday Style nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Only: $44.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now TG18SW_gno

on July 15, 2016
The truth about the actual difference between this older model city mini stroller and the new 2016 one, unbiased and not as a preferred Vine customer !! I was so confused when ordering the City Mini on amazon, I could see the 2016 version was $60 more expensive than the older which I was happy to pay if there was any significant improvements but having called baby jogger and spoken to a sales rep everyone was unclear about any significant improvements and then I saw the Vine customer review for this product stating there was a real improvement in the newer one with one-hand use steering and overall use, which to be honest was still a bit vague for my liking - what is one-hand steering? But it was enough to make me want to order both strollers and test them out. FIRST THING TO BE AWARE OF: the stroller that is advertised as the 2016 model is actually manufactured in 2015, the older model advertised here is manufactured in 2014 so they are a year apart.
Now for the actual differences between the 2 models: the newer model has a slightly longer handlebar, literally probably by an inch which could be handy for a taller person, (I'm 5"7 and my husband 6" and it didn't make any difference to us), secondly the underneath basket hangs ever so slightly lower on the newer model creating a bit more space when the seat is in full recline for you to bend down and put your stuff in, again this is so slight that it did not make a difference to me- actually I preferred the older model as felt that if I have any valuables down there there is less of a gap to fall out or for anyone to snatch. Thirdly, there is the smallest difference in the front design fabric of the stroller where a larger kid would have his/ her feet hanging the fabric is pulled taut on the newer version where as it has a slight dimple for resting in the older stroller, I don't know if this makes any difference to the use of the stroller or if it is simply the design. Lastly, in the older design the material that covers the back window ( where babies head is parallel to) is attached to the umbrella canopy on the older version, in the newer it is attached to the stroller, again not even sure why this was changed but makes no difference...

No difference was noted in steering at all or overall ease of use, no illusionary one-hand steering that I could notice !! The pull collapse mechanism is exactly the same on both strollers, for me the decision was clear to keep the 2014 version as there really was no significant difference. The only reason for writing such a detailed review is that it took me quite a long time to compare these strollers and the Vine review on Amazon for this product confused me further with its comparison encouraging to buy the newer product which for someone that received the product for free in exchange for a review is disappointing as a customer paying full price and comparing the two strollers the differences were clear but not related to ease of use at all.

So my opinion is to save your money and go for the older version as there are not any significant differences, an additional little tip for getting a 15% discount, if you are a prime member you can set-up a baby registry and upon completion you will get a 15% discount on any products on your registry which brought down the cost again for me on the older model, if it doesn't show as eligible for a discount wait a week as it changed to eligible after a week for me.

Just to be clear I did not receive this product for a discount or for free in exchange for a review, I just wanted to help anyone else in my position not to waste time like I did, [...]
33 comments| 214 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 10, 2015
We have the City Mini GT and the Chicco Keyfit 30. It took me over a week to figure out how the heck to get this adapter to work. We even went to the local Babies R Us and asked them to help us, but they said they had also tried for hours to make it work and it just wasn't possible.

Here's the trick to make it work with the Keyfit 30 — remove the two support bars in the picture attached. Once you take those off the car seat will fit perfectly and snap in. Why don't they tell you this in the written instructions included with this product?

It works fine now, and if it had been easy to get here I'd give it 5 stars. But it was a pain, so I'm dropping it to 2 stars.
review image
77 comments| 188 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 10, 2015
Loved using this stroller for all three of my boys. Then the frame snapped. I wasn't too worried because of City Jogger's lifetime warranty. I called and spoke with a rep. They had me send the receipt, pictures, serial number, model number and a description of how I use the stroller which I immediately did. The following day I received a response saying that the damage they saw in the pictures is "something we only see when the stroller is used on curbs and stairs" so the warranty won't cover it. I responded with the following:

"Meredith, as I stated, we do not use the stroller on curbs and stairs. That would be impossible anyway with the glider board attached. As I stated in the prior email, we carry the stroller or fold it when we encounter stairs. We have taken great care with our City Mini with the knowledge that we would be using it for at least three children. The warranty was definitely a big factor in choosing it. Again, we did not use the stroller on stairs, curbs, escalators, etc. If you like, my wife and I will sign and notarize an affidavit stating such."

Their response: "After consulting with our Product Team, it has been determined that the break on your stroller is not a manufacturer's defect. I have informed them that you have advised us that you do not use your stroller curbs or stairs, but based on the pictures it has been determined that the break is not from normal and intended use. "

Basically, if the warranty is a factor for you, don't buy anything from Baby Jogger.
review imagereview image
99 comments| 250 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 15, 2015
Oh. My. Gosh. It took us two hours to figure out how to correctly install this stupid adapter. But now that we have, I think it'll work well (hard to say, since I haven't had the baby yet, so this review is solely based on installation and the feel of it, without actually having put a child into the car seat. So you can take it or leave it.) We were installing the Chicco KeyFit 30 carseat into the City Mini, so this review is specific to those models. Also, I can only say that I'm pretty sure we've installed this thing correctly, but seeing as how I didn't design this, please don't take my word as the golden standard of installation.

Here are some tips that I think might be helpful:
1) The instructions clearly state how to determine what's R and L, but to make it even clearer, your stroller also has "R" and "L" written in little letters on the accessory mounting bracket.

2) The "adapter brackets" have this U-shaped groove at the top that makes it look like something on the carseat should fit into them. Nothing. Does. They are stupid and useless and just there to confuse you. To be fair, they're probably like a scaffolding for the carseat. But still, nothing fits into them.

3) The small gray tabs on the Chicco KeyFit 30 are what click into place. They DO actually click into place when installed correctly, and you should NOT be able to lift the car seat out of the stroller without pressing the orange release button on the carseat. During our frustrated Googling/YouTubing, some people were like "we don't think this actually clicks into place," but that is crap. If the carseat doesn't click and lock into place, it's not correctly installed. They don't actually click into the adapter brackets, but rather they click into place under bar "A," where bar A meets the adapter brackets. See attached picture!!

4) For us, this was the problem! Our adapter came with bar "C" already installed into bar "B," and this is what messed us up. Yes, it's completely shameful that this is what tripped us up, but for our stroller and carseat (City Mini with Chicco Keyfit 30), there is no use for bar C. Just make sure to use ONLY the parts specified for your carseat. I know, that should be a given, but I guess we got excited to install the adapter and just overlooked that step and wasted hours of our life because of stupid bar C.

Good luck. -_-
review image
88 comments| 105 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 4, 2015
I ordered this to allow my Graco Snugride 30 Classic Connect infant car seat to work with my Summit X3 stroller.

If you look under baby jogger's FAQs, you'll find the question: "Is my car seat compatible with your car seat adapters?" Scroll down to the X3, and the Graco Snugride Classic Connect car seats list the BJ90123 adapter, but if you click through on the linked text, it brings you to the item page for the BJ90127 adapter. I emailed customer service for more information on which adapter I needed to order and here was their response on 5/1/15:

"Thank you for contacting Baby Jogger! Item#BJ90123 has been discontinued and item#BJ90127 is correct however, once you buy that item you will need to contact us at Baby Jogger to have a D bar ordered for your BJ90127 car seat adapter. This can be ordered for you complimentary and is necessary to fit the Graco car seat."

After ordering BJ90127 from amazon, I sent my address to baby jogger and they quickly got the D bar in the mail to me. The included instruction manual did not include directions for how to assemble the parts including the D bar, so I had to do some digging online. I found an older version of the instruction manual that included the D bar needed for my car seat: https://www.babyjogger.com/docs/pdfRMCtKDtVV5_1382392861.pdf

Once I found that manual, set up was easy peasy and only took a few minutes. I did remove the Summit X3's canopy to better fit the car seat adapter. The car seat easily clicks in to place. With the car seat attached, it does make for a pretty big stroller, but as a suburbanite, I am not looking for the lightest smallest stroller, and I like not needing to own multiple strollers. Once put together, the car seat adapter can easily be removed in one piece if you want to switch between using the car seat and using the stroller alone.
44 comments| 54 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 22, 2015
Installed this for my Chicco Keyfit 30 in under 10 minutes. I'm not sure about other reviewers, but my instruction manual indicated that a bar (bar C) and two small "clamps" that were included were for use with a Peg Perego seat. Since my seat is a Chicco I didn't use them.

After removing the bar it's a simple click-into-place installation and your car seat will simply click in and release. Please remember that this adapter was designed to be used with many types of car seats. It was not designed by Chicco. Or Peg Perego. Or Baby Jogger City Mini. If something about the adapter doesn't make sense to you, it ideas probably designed to accommodate a different style seat.
on July 19, 2015
There are a lot of reviews stating this is a difficult to assemble adapter, that is not true! It comes with a pamphlet that even has pictures and all parts are clearly labeled. You just flip to the page for the type of car seat you have and it tells you what parts you will need, my wife put it together in 10mins (she is 6 months along) and just used the pictures.
We have the Baby Jogger Summit X3 jogging stroller and a Chicco Key Fit30 Zip (same as Keyfit) infant car seat. This stroller is a newer model and we did not find any reviews specifically for it, but the connection for the adapter is the same as any baby jogger stroller. The holes where you connect the canopy and food tray is where you will connect this adapter. Easy!

Here was her process:
1- remove all plastic bubble wrap, etc.
2- connect adapter brackets into holes on stroller side (the brackets that have the baby jogger click in posts), the brackets for the adapter are labeled L- left & R- right
3- insert car seat support bar labeled A into the adapter side brackets, both sides at the same time from the front of stroller. Stand/sit in front of stroller and slide in both sides at same time. The support bar needs to be pushed in and all the way thru to the other side, the next support bar B clicks into it.
4- put the stroller seat back about half way down, to give you room (it can return to upright position after), slide car seat support bracket labeled B onto the back of support bar A which will stick out the back towards the seat from side brackets. It has a green click button for the bar labeled B to click into.
5- Then return seat back to upright position or where ever you see fit to allow the car seat to sit in.

Another complaint we found on here was that there was no "CLICK IN" feature with this adapter- not true. Yes it comes with a seat belt type deal to ensure it is securely locked into adapter but I think we would only use this when out jogging or on a rough hiking trail. There are pictures included with this review (sorry they loaded sideways) that shows where the same side "click in" mechanism used with the car seat base, clicks into the stroller adapter. My wife after installing and clicking in everything knocked over the stroller, flipped it around, tipped it backwards, jogged around and stopped abruptly, pulled on the strollers roll away safety strap, etc (without safety strap over car seat) and the car seat never fell out, came loose, or seemed affected in any way.
Lastly with this car seat you can not have the baby jogger stroller canopy in place, the adapter sets the seat up pretty high as you can see in the picture. Also the stroller is able to fold up with the adapter attached, it is as wide as the front tire makes it if you do not remove it. My wife who is 5'1" and has a pretty big belly at this point was able to take the car seat off and fold it up with the one hand pull strap without removing the adapter, no problem!
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
on March 28, 2015
I bought this despite the lack of answers about the fit for Cybex Aton Q, so thought it was important to write this review. It DOES work with the Q. It's great to just quickly snap in and out, although it takes a little getting used to removing it with the silver buttons behind the handle; try it out without your baby in it first LOL! This is all you need- the brackets hook into the stroller on each side and it has an attached seat belt-type cord as well.
on September 29, 2015
This stroller is absolutely amazing. My daughter is 6 months.. And we go for a run everyday. No car seat insert.. I strap her in and she's ready to go!
on March 31, 2015
This adapter works great with my Citi Mini GT and Chicco Key Fit 30 car seat. It was very easy for me to install at 9 months pregnant, except for the directions were somewhat unclear. The pictures and written steps in the direction book do not go together, just follow the written directions. Also, if you are using a Chicco Key Fit 30 you need to take out the support bar labeled C on the adapter. You also need to take off the canopy on your stroller. It will then click in and out and is very safe and secure!