Baby K'tan ORIGINAL Baby Carrier, Black, Small
- 100% breathable cotton
- If the carrier feels tight for the first use, this does not necessarily mean it is too small - carrier will stretch with use.
- Individually sized for mom or dad (refer to sizing chart)
- Patented double-loop design is easy to put on, and change positions
- Multiple wearing positions from newborn to toddler 8-35lbs. (consult physician for preemies)
- Machine washable, dryer safe--no buckles, snaps or hardware
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
From the Manufacturer
A 3-in-1 baby carrier for newborns, infants and toddlers from 0 to 36 months
A wrap without all of the wrapping, our patented double-loop design evenly distibutes baby's weight across the shoulders and back, provides head support for baby, and promotes ergonomic position for healthy infant development.
As easy as a t-shirt to put on and take off, the Baby K’tan Baby Carrier is a sling, wrap and soft baby carrier all in one. Offering multiple positions to choose from, there are no buckles, snaps, rings or hardware required.
The Baby K'tan Baby Carrier is offered in multiple colors and various fabrics. Whether it's the 100% natural cotton ORIGINAL, the moisture-wicking UVA/UVB protection ACTIVE performance fabric, or our 50% mesh/50% cotton blend of the BREEZE, we have a carrier to suit your individual lifestyle.
The Baby K'tan Baby Carrier is a sized carrier (XS, S, M, L, XL) and is specific to the individual wearer. Use your prepregnancy t-shirt size to determine the right carrier for you. Your carrier should fit snug as it will stretch slightly with use. Size down if you are in between sizes or 5 feet 2 inch or shorter.
Head Support for Baby
The Baby K'tan Baby Carrier provides soft head support for baby.
Patented Double-loop Design
Our patented double-loop design evenly distributes baby's weight across the wearer's shoulders and back. A quick tug of the adjustable back band ensures optimal back support, and egronomic positioning for healthy infant development.
Sash Converts to Carry Bag
Every Baby K'tan Baby Carrier comes with a matching sash to provide added security and support when using the carrier. The sash converts into a convenient storage bag for your carrier, turning your carrier into a compact bag that fits neatly into your diaper bag or purse.
Wide Fabric, One-way Stretch
Each loop of our patented double-loop design spreads up to 24 inches to meet the correct positioning and support needs of your baby. The Baby K'tan Baby Carrier's unique one-way stretch allows for the right fit for both baby and wearer.
Top Customer Reviews
- very easy to use (I saw demos online while waiting for delivery and got the hug, cradle and kangaroo positions right away), I can use it much faster than buckle carriers,
- the sizing is correct, right now I'm 5'6'' and around 145 lb, but my pre pregnancy size is between 6 and 8 (130-135 lb), and size Small is perfect. Although after washing and drying it shrunk and it was to small for me, it stretched out. next time I will air dry, because baby cried and it was squished. The sizing seems correct but I keep thinking if will fit when the baby will grow, but K'tan website ensures that will be ok, especially with different positions,
- the material is very soft and keeps my 1 month old snuggle to me. Cradle position seems to cramp the baby but he doesn't mind, so far because of no neck control yet we both love the hug position. He is very curious and loves to see the world, and at the same time when falls asleep can be hold tight,
- carrier feels very comfortable and truly hands free; it feels the most natural from all the carriers I've tried,
- the sash is also a storage tote at the same time so it is easy to carry the whole thing in a diaper bag, matching hat is cute but doesn't fit my 5 weeks old yet even after washing and drying (size 0-3 months; but he will grow to it eventually),
- I can do a lot stuff at home with my son next to me, he sleeps better and longer.
- the description says it can be used on preemies but baby k'tan website and instruction booklet says to use from 8-42 lb (the box says 5-35 lb, so I don't know which one is right).Read more ›
Pros: Very versatile -- wear your baby like you would in a regular pouch sling, or wear her facing forward or backward like you would in a Baby Bjorn. There are also hip carry and back carry positions -- 8 positions in all. Very comfortable -- the stretch cotton is wonderfully soft and in nearly all the positions, you can have the carrier go over both shoulders. This was a big selling point for me because I find that my back aches after about an hour or so in a regular pouch sling. In the Baby Ktan, with both shoulders carrying the load, it's much easier. Packable -- much less bulk than a Baby Bjorn or other structured/padded carrier; about the size of two pouch slings. Large weight range -- I can also put my 30 lb. toddler in the hip carry position with this thing. Machine wash, tumble dry.
Cons: A little bit of a learning curve and not quite as quick and easy to use as a pouch sling. Takes up about twice as much room as a pouch sling in the diaper bag.
One buying tip: Pay close attention to the sizing recommendations, and if you are at all in between sizes, get the smaller one. The material is quite stretchy. I bought a small to begin with, but returned it for an extra small, which fits me better. I'm 5'4" and average weight.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
My mother got this for me when she heard how much her Co worker loved it and it is absolutely the best carrier I have ever tried!! Read morePublished 28 minutes ago by Amazon Customer
fits perfectly, daughter loves it. I'm 5'6 135-140 pounds and x-small fits just right. my daughter is almost 2 months old and about 8 pounds shes a tad bit smaller cause she was... Read morePublished 1 hour ago by Melissa huff
Has been so helpful, especially around the house. On nights when the baby is fussy, being in the wrap puts her right to sleep. Love that the sash has a pocket to put things in. Read morePublished 4 hours ago by Amazon Customer
I started using the ktan when my baby was a couple of weeks old and we're still using it every day at 10 months old. Read morePublished 5 days ago by Ana Connolly
I love the baby K'tan. It takes a bit of time to figure it out at first, but once you get it, it takes a minute to get the baby set up. Read morePublished 5 days ago by Aeris
If you're looking for Wrap carrier, this is the one! No fuss with a bunch of fabric, you just throw it on like a scarf and throw your kid in! Read morePublished 5 days ago by Amazon Customer
I like this carrier, but it's way too big. According to the sizing I should be a XS. Yet there is a huge amount of fabric when I use this. Read morePublished 6 days ago by Adam B.
I first bought the Boba wrap and returned it because of the amount of fabric. The learning curve with the Boba in my opinion was not as hard as with this especially when it came to... Read morePublished 6 days ago by Patti
It takes a little while to get the hang of using it but after you figure it out its easy. Material is also quite soft and I feel that the baby is comfortable in it. Read morePublished 6 days ago by Sean