Baby K'tan ORIGINAL Baby Carrier, Black, Small
- 100% breathable cotton
- If the carrier feels tight for the first use, this does not necessarily mean it is too small - carrier will stretch with use.
- Individually sized for mom or dad (refer to sizing chart)
- Patented double-loop design is easy to put on, and change positions
- Multiple wearing positions from newborn to toddler 8-35lbs. (consult physician for preemies)
- Machine washable, dryer safe--no buckles, snaps or hardware
- If you are in between sizes, size down
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
From the Manufacturer
A 3-in-1 baby carrier for newborns, infants and toddlers from 0 to 36 months
A wrap without all of the wrapping, our patented double-loop design evenly distibutes baby's weight across the shoulders and back, provides head support for baby, and promotes ergonomic position for healthy infant development.
As easy as a t-shirt to put on and take off, the Baby K’tan Baby Carrier is a sling, wrap and soft baby carrier all in one. Offering multiple positions to choose from, there are no buckles, snaps, rings or hardware required.
The Baby K'tan Baby Carrier is offered in multiple colors and various fabrics. Whether it's the 100% natural cotton ORIGINAL, the moisture-wicking UVA/UVB protection ACTIVE performance fabric, or our 50% mesh/50% cotton blend of the BREEZE, we have a carrier to suit your individual lifestyle.
The Baby K'tan Baby Carrier is a sized carrier (XS, S, M, L, XL) and is specific to the individual wearer. Use your prepregnancy t-shirt size to determine the right carrier for you. Your carrier should fit snug as it will stretch slightly with use. Size down if you are in between sizes or 5 feet 2 inch or shorter.
Head Support for Baby
The Baby K'tan Baby Carrier provides soft head support for baby.
Patented Double-loop Design
Our patented double-loop design evenly distributes baby's weight across the wearer's shoulders and back. A quick tug of the adjustable back band ensures optimal back support, and egronomic positioning for healthy infant development.
Sash Converts to Carry Bag
Every Baby K'tan Baby Carrier comes with a matching sash to provide added security and support when using the carrier. The sash converts into a convenient storage bag for your carrier, turning your carrier into a compact bag that fits neatly into your diaper bag or purse.
Wide Fabric, One-way Stretch
Each loop of our patented double-loop design spreads up to 24 inches to meet the correct positioning and support needs of your baby. The Baby K'tan Baby Carrier's unique one-way stretch allows for the right fit for both baby and wearer.
Top Customer Reviews
- very easy to use (I saw demos online while waiting for delivery and got the hug, cradle and kangaroo positions right away), I can use it much faster than buckle carriers,
- the sizing is correct, right now I'm 5'6'' and around 145 lb, but my pre pregnancy size is between 6 and 8 (130-135 lb), and size Small is perfect. Although after washing and drying it shrunk and it was to small for me, it stretched out. next time I will air dry, because baby cried and it was squished. The sizing seems correct but I keep thinking if will fit when the baby will grow, but K'tan website ensures that will be ok, especially with different positions,
- the material is very soft and keeps my 1 month old snuggle to me. Cradle position seems to cramp the baby but he doesn't mind, so far because of no neck control yet we both love the hug position. He is very curious and loves to see the world, and at the same time when falls asleep can be hold tight,
- carrier feels very comfortable and truly hands free; it feels the most natural from all the carriers I've tried,
- the sash is also a storage tote at the same time so it is easy to carry the whole thing in a diaper bag, matching hat is cute but doesn't fit my 5 weeks old yet even after washing and drying (size 0-3 months; but he will grow to it eventually),
- I can do a lot stuff at home with my son next to me, he sleeps better and longer.
- the description says it can be used on preemies but baby k'tan website and instruction booklet says to use from 8-42 lb (the box says 5-35 lb, so I don't know which one is right).Read more ›
Pros: Very versatile -- wear your baby like you would in a regular pouch sling, or wear her facing forward or backward like you would in a Baby Bjorn. There are also hip carry and back carry positions -- 8 positions in all. Very comfortable -- the stretch cotton is wonderfully soft and in nearly all the positions, you can have the carrier go over both shoulders. This was a big selling point for me because I find that my back aches after about an hour or so in a regular pouch sling. In the Baby Ktan, with both shoulders carrying the load, it's much easier. Packable -- much less bulk than a Baby Bjorn or other structured/padded carrier; about the size of two pouch slings. Large weight range -- I can also put my 30 lb. toddler in the hip carry position with this thing. Machine wash, tumble dry.
Cons: A little bit of a learning curve and not quite as quick and easy to use as a pouch sling. Takes up about twice as much room as a pouch sling in the diaper bag.
One buying tip: Pay close attention to the sizing recommendations, and if you are at all in between sizes, get the smaller one. The material is quite stretchy. I bought a small to begin with, but returned it for an extra small, which fits me better. I'm 5'4" and average weight.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I used this with my 3 week old baby, I needed to get out the house. I bundled him in this with his feet in and just enough opening for a peak of his head to be out and walked the... Read morePublished 9 hours ago by K. Edwards
I love this in the 2 hours I have had it on I have been able to get so much done that I couldn't before because my daughter loves to be helpPublished 10 hours ago by kerri st.laurent
I have tried my fair share of carriers and have never even been satisfied, until I used this one. I love love this style, it is easy to figure out and I feel like my baby is... Read morePublished 1 day ago by Mrs N.
Love, love, love my K'Tan. I have 3 kids and it's a life saver! Fits great and most importantly my daughter enjoys being in it! Read morePublished 2 days ago by samantha hardy
It does its job. I find it pretty simple to put on. This was my first carrier, so I can't compare it to anything else. Read morePublished 4 days ago by Savontb82
This worked really well at first and then my baby got fussy due to teething I'm gonna try it again and see though now that he's better. Read morePublished 4 days ago by Cherry
Awesome baby carrier! So much easier than the long peice of fabric ones. And the fabric pattern is super cute and really soft!Published 7 days ago by Meagan B.
I have a baby who wants to be held all the time, which wouldn't be a problem but for her 5-year-old brother who wants me to play and take him out of the house. Read morePublished 7 days ago by Erin S. near Chicago