Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 490 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 550 reviews
on May 27, 2015
This rental is not as advertised. When I purchased, the information said I was renting a video that was two hours long. Well it turned out to be the SAME TWENTY MINUTE CLIP just repeated over and over again. News flash, amazon: that DOESN'T count as two hours.
on January 19, 2013
My daughter started watching this when she was about 6 months old. It's one of just a couple videos that she actually likes. I never taught her ANY signs and I noticed when she was around 9 or 10 months old she started doing the signs for certain words when I said them. It was so surprising that she learned them JUST thru this video. In her 12th month she started saying AND signing some of the words. Again, I didn't teach her, the video did. Now she is 15 months old and she has dozens and dozens of words that she can say and many that she signs. These videos are AWESOME. I always have one in her DVD player in the car. She used to cry in the car all the time, so I had to have entertainment for her. A GREAT idea. Oh yeah, and she loves trying to sing the introduction song...I catch her singing it throughout the day..."Baby Baby Baby Signing Tiiiiiiime!" (except she can't say "signing" so she mumbles it) Last little note--she was assessed at her daycare when she was around 10 months old and the only thing she was below average in was language. Now she is the best talker in her class! Above average.
on January 24, 2014
Like other reviewers have said, this failed to hold my daughter's attention. She is almost 14 months old and really enjoyed the first episode of signing time. She would stand up and watch the whole episode while holding on to the edge of her pack n play. Baby signing time didn't hold her full attention for more than 5 minutes. Maybe younger babies (or less active ones) would enjoy it more, but she didn't. Playback was fine, and I don't have any problem with Amazon, it's just a content problem. If you aren't sure, rent one the first week and the other the next week to see how your child reacts. Definitely don't buy this without trying it first.
on February 10, 2016
I love Signing Time...in fact, we have most of the non-baby ones. However, I don't see much difference between the baby version and the others. I have a five month old and we wanted to start introducing signs...her brothers were slightly older. This seems too complicated for really little ones. I prefer My Baby Can Talk for its simpler images and words at this age. Signing Time is great to introduce later...even the baby version.
on March 9, 2014
This rental was about two hours; however, the actual segment is a bit less than half an hour. The same segment repeats twice, then there's a lengthy introduction by Rachel Coleman. I found it strange that the introduction that explains the process was placed in the middle rather than at the beginning, but it is what it is. By the time I got to that part, I stopped watching (it was really long). The actual signing segment is great, and it's one of the few things that has actually held my son's attention. He's only 8 months now and we watched it a couple of times, so I don't expect him to sign back just yet. I found it very helpful, and I continue to sign with him and hope that soon he will catch on. It's great, it's interesting, catchy, and my son loves it, but I don't see the point of repeating the same segment over and over again. That's what the rewind button is for. I may just buy the DVDs instead, to have them to watch over and over. I highly recommend Baby Signing Time, but not this rental.
on May 26, 2016
My child loves it. He's picked up a couple of signs but the main benefit on that end is me learning them from DVD so I can keep teaching him. I understand no tv is recommended but realistically for some of us our child is going to watch a little. He loves loves the signing babies, Miss Rachel, and the little cartoons. I have seen some other reviews complaining about the cartoon characters but let me sat they are minimal and very simple characters that do something here and there. I'm very happy with this DVD even though I cannot get the songs out of my head!
on August 23, 2017
My daughter is addicted to this show. She's been signing along with Rachel since 11 months old, learning something each time we watch it!
on September 19, 2017
I love how these videos introduce words in ASL and my baby, who is a little over 1, stops to watch it and enjoys the musical parts.
on January 18, 2017
This has been a HUGE hit in our home. My youngest is a small toddler and she is able to catch on to the signs and repeat them (mimic). She has increased her ability to communicate SOOOO much by using this series, whereas before she would yell and get frustrated. Her speech therapist recommended sign language but didn't give us guidance as to how or what to teach her. We found these videos and they were perfect. They are basic but very catchy.
on July 19, 2014
This is really amazing work. I'm SO very IMPRESSED with how this video is put together.... My barely 2 yr old and I watch this together as well as my older son sometimes. My baby has picked up the signs and is ready to do them with me during the video and the songs are basically explaining how to do the sign along with its meaning, so it Really helps remember and do them afterwards. My son picks up on it too and practices it with the baby for fun. I think this is totally worth owning as repetition of it all will make it stick in the mind, but I was glad to rent it for several days for such a good price and get to see if my family would be able to pick it up and be interested first. It takes more than one viewing to get involved in this type of thing. So looking forward to purchasing the series!!