Your Garage Beauty LyingGame STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 488 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 548 reviews
on February 29, 2016
The only reason I won't give it 5 stars is because I can't buy it! I can only rent it! I definitely want to buy this so that it's always in my Amazon library for my kiddos but instead I'm paying $2 for it every week. PLEASE make this purchase-able!!!!

As for quality of the video and the content, there's nothing better. This is the only screen time our daughter had, and she started watching it around 3 months old. She was recognizing our signs around 7 months old, was actively communicating with us via sign language at 12 months and was 100% verbal at 17-18 months, but she still always uses signs along with what she's saying which makes it so helpful when deciphering her cute little toddler jibber jabbers. I recommend this to anyone and everyone!
on September 18, 2016
This video is very well constructed. I honestly like sitting and watching (& singing) her videos with my little one. Lol

My little one really does not care for other videos other than Signing Time or Baby Signing Time. When she hears the theme songs, she gets very excited.

These videos are great as a starter or introduction into sign language. I have honestly learned so much already, Rachel makes memory references for every sign that makes it easy to remember. Very catchy.

I would highly recommend these videos for everyone wanting to learn ASL. I would especially recommend for parents who have deaf, hoh children or children with delayed speech. Personally My child has bilateral deafness and after searching for resources, these videos Happened to be the most reputable source I have found to help us.

I wish the sets were a little more affordable but regardless I know the cost of the videos are worth it.

If you found my review helpful, please vote!
on November 15, 2016
Really enjoyed this video with my one year old son. He liked the music and watching the other children - it kept his attention for quite a while and though we're still working on signs I was appreciative that I was able to learn them all within a very short amount of time so that I can practice with him. We'll move on to Vol. 2 once he is ready! I had no issue with the types of signs taught in this video. The animals are not signs we're going to use right away, but they are fun to know. The food/drink, more, and hurt signs were really what I was looking for at his age so I was happy with the video overall!
on August 1, 2016
Sign language is an incredible tool to communicate with children who are not yet verbal. Kids as young as 7 months old can pick up the communications. They are incredibly empowered by it. And it's really good for the parents (and grandparents) to know when the child wants "more" food, or has "had enough." They can really tell you that, long before they can speak. They can tell you that something hurts and where. They can tell you whether they are happy or sad. After a few months, they can begin to tell you what they want. All long before they can speak. Plus, the sign language is presented in a way that the children love to watch it-- even the older siblings will watch along.
on March 6, 2016
My 1 1/2 year old daughter watched these over and over until she knew all the signs. It taught us both the basics and am I so glad because now that she's almost 2, she rarely has communication melt downs. She can express herself much more easily than other toddlers I see around with less grunting and whining or crying. yay signing time. I highly recommend it for any parent to toddler aged kiddos, as long as you're willing to learn too. When I am out and about or at play groups, there is a big difference in her ability to communicate with me and her happiness around that. Without the confusion or lack of being understood, we can just keep flowing. Other little children often (from what I've seen) get upset when what they are saying isn't understood. Even the simplest little things can be a trigger for a fussy scene.
TOP 100 REVIEWERon June 29, 2015
These videos are so well made and fun to watch. I rented this from Amazon about 20 times, I should have just purchased it. The songs are so catchy you'll find yourself singing them all day. My son just turned 2 and has had 6 open heart surgeries. He's spent half of his life in bed and because of this he's pretty far behind developmentally. These videos have allowed him to communicate pretty well with us. He can tell us he's hungry, when he wants more of something, and when he's "all done". We kept watching the videos over and over but he never picked up any other signs. Eventually he got bored of the videos and we don't rent them anymore but it took a good 6 months. I highly recommend these videos for kids that are having trouble talking.
on January 17, 2015
I started teaching my daughter with this at 10 months just to see if she would learn. It was more for fun. But wow, this really ended up being an awesome tool! My daughter was able to communicate with me and let me know when she wanted milk or even"more" of anything that she might be eating. I ended up buying the next volume once she had memorized all of the signs. By the time she started actually talking, she had a vocabulary of 75 words!!! When we walked down the street, she would make the sign for AND SAY words for things that she saw, like bus, train, cat, friend, play. It was really great, and I'm sure that it helped save some tantrums because she was able to communicate with me versus me trying to figure it out. She still remembers some of the songs, even now. The cartoons are so cute, and the music is lovely. WARNING.. You will not be able to get some of those songs out of your head... as is happening to me now as I write this review. Ugh!
on May 31, 2017
My son LOVES, LOVES, LOVES this DVD! I started playing it for him when he was probably 6-7 months. At first I thought he was just attracted to the music, which is very catchy and is probably the case but it got him watching and he loves the babies/kids in the video too. He is hearing but I love that he knows so many signs now and begs to watch "Baby". I have since ordered the Potty Time DVD as well as the Baby Signing Time 2 and 3 DVDs. I wholeheartedly believe that it has helped him speak his words. It has been worth every penny to see him watching (and learning) from this than the other shows on TV.
on February 22, 2016
Both of my children now have benefited from Baby Signing Time. The videos are short but highly efficient. we have all four videos. It seems to work best at about 12 months for us but i know people have introduced earlier. With my younger son we started around 10 months but it took him a good two months to start using it. With my ifrst we started at 12 months and he cuaght on pretty quickly. Etiher way, it takes some encouragement and usage from mom and dad but if you're on board and willing to help reinforce it, these videos are fantastic. Now my 4 year old works with my 18 month old and helps him use them. I can't say enough positive things about using sign language.
on May 27, 2015
This rental is not as advertised. When I purchased, the information said I was renting a video that was two hours long. Well it turned out to be the SAME TWENTY MINUTE CLIP just repeated over and over again. News flash, amazon: that DOESN'T count as two hours.