Hill Climb Racing 2 Vehicles Review Enlightenment Now Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite Game of Thrones: The Complete Seasons 1-7 now available on Blu-ray and DVD Shop now TG18_gno

on September 18, 2016
This video is very well constructed. I honestly like sitting and watching (& singing) her videos with my little one. Lol

My little one really does not care for other videos other than Signing Time or Baby Signing Time. When she hears the theme songs, she gets very excited.

These videos are great as a starter or introduction into sign language. I have honestly learned so much already, Rachel makes memory references for every sign that makes it easy to remember. Very catchy.

I would highly recommend these videos for everyone wanting to learn ASL. I would especially recommend for parents who have deaf, hoh children or children with delayed speech. Personally My child has bilateral deafness and after searching for resources, these videos Happened to be the most reputable source I have found to help us.

I wish the sets were a little more affordable but regardless I know the cost of the videos are worth it.

If you found my review helpful, please vote!
on September 6, 2013
Baby Signing Vol. 1 - It's Baby Signing Time uses lots of repetition coupled with short songs to help babies recognize and recall signs. It features babies signing (with various clarity) in context as well as an adult signing more distinctly. Said adult also leads the songs, which are probably my greatest disappointment. They are so annoying and it's hard to get them out of one's head. My eleven-month old seems intrigued by this video, but then again - he is interested by almost any video, so this is not necessarily a stamp of approval. I still gave it three stars because whether I enjoyed it or not, I learned. (And maybe baby did, too?)
on May 27, 2012
My son was diagnosed with a speech delay. According to doctors, he was around 6-9 months behind his peers at the age of two-in expressive and communicative language. I had more than one person recommend sign language to us to help him communicate and was given the #3 DVD by his speech therapist and he loved that one so much that I ordered this one. He watched the #3 DVD twice and already knew three of the signs and was using them-outside, star and day. Not only was he using the signs, he was saying these words. This DVD had the more basic signs we actually needed to communicate with him. He learned more, drink, all of them. He caught on so fast and was doing the signs first and trying to say the words, then he was saying the words.

My son is now 2.5, we've been watching the DVDs off and on for that time and he has made HUGE progress and his therapist told me a couple of weeks ago she wouldn't be able to tell he was delayed if she were just observing him. He still has some communication issues but has significantly improved, and I think BST DVDs had a lot to do with it. We see a speech therapist every 2 weeks, I highly doubt that time is what is helping so much. It's doing this at home with him that has really helped us so much. I can usually find something wrong with products but this one I would recommend 1000%.
VINE VOICEon May 19, 2008
Our 10 month old son loves this DVD, and whether it's the music, the images of children or something else, it exerts a pull on him unlike anything other than They Might Be Giant's Here Come the 123s DVD can.

He doesn't sign yet, after several months of watching, but he definitely understands "milk," "all done" and certainly seems to get several other signs. He studies our signs intently, but we haven't had a breakthrough yet, and we've been pretty diligent. All kids progress at their own rates, of course.

Still, this DVD has been more than worth it to us so far. We're probably going to pick up the second DVD in the series. We record the non-baby version off of PBS on our DVR, although they don't so far engage him in quite the same way as the baby ones do.
on May 26, 2016
My child loves it. He's picked up a couple of signs but the main benefit on that end is me learning them from DVD so I can keep teaching him. I understand no tv is recommended but realistically for some of us our child is going to watch a little. He loves loves the signing babies, Miss Rachel, and the little cartoons. I have seen some other reviews complaining about the cartoon characters but let me sat they are minimal and very simple characters that do something here and there. I'm very happy with this DVD even though I cannot get the songs out of my head!
on March 9, 2014
This rental was about two hours; however, the actual segment is a bit less than half an hour. The same segment repeats twice, then there's a lengthy introduction by Rachel Coleman. I found it strange that the introduction that explains the process was placed in the middle rather than at the beginning, but it is what it is. By the time I got to that part, I stopped watching (it was really long). The actual signing segment is great, and it's one of the few things that has actually held my son's attention. He's only 8 months now and we watched it a couple of times, so I don't expect him to sign back just yet. I found it very helpful, and I continue to sign with him and hope that soon he will catch on. It's great, it's interesting, catchy, and my son loves it, but I don't see the point of repeating the same segment over and over again. That's what the rewind button is for. I may just buy the DVDs instead, to have them to watch over and over. I highly recommend Baby Signing Time, but not this rental.
on March 17, 2014
The video is good. My son likes the video and learned many signs.

I was concerned about one thing though. My son was moving his head weirdly when he'd sign stuff of do things in general. It was kind of scary and I thought something might be a little off with my son.

Turns out there is one child in the video that moves wierd when he signs sometimes (only sometimes)...my son copied his moves. Now the weird moving child sticks out everything I see the video.
on August 23, 2017
My daughter is addicted to this show. She's been signing along with Rachel since 11 months old, learning something each time we watch it!
on July 26, 2012
I have to say that this is probably one of the best purchases I have made for my daughters and their children. Being able to communicate with your children before they can talk is priceless. At first I think my daughters just thought it was cute to teach their children sign, kind of like teaching them the sounds that animals make, and showing them off to their friends and family. But now the benefits have far outweighed the cute factor. One daughter babysat a little boy (just older than her 16 month old daughter) for a week-end and was surprised at how much easier it was to understand what her signing daughter wanted than to try to figure out what the little boy wanted by asking and pointing to a variety of things. She immediately called her sister and advised her, "Don't stop with the baby sign, it is a life-saver." And I have to agree. When I am with these two adorable grandchildren I have no problem knowing if they want a drink of water, juice, or milk. I know when they are "all done" and when they want "more". Such a blessing! All 8 of us (2 grandparents, 4 parents, and 2 kids) give it two thumbs up! I will buy this for baby shower gifts for all the soon-to-be moms I know!
on January 3, 2012
My daughter has been watching these since she was 8 months old. Up to about 12 months, she would use only 3 or 4 signs regularly, but about the time she turned a year old, the signs just started pouring out of her. She gets so excited about being able to communicate her thoughts, and it alleviates a lot of frustration. She is eager to learn more signs now and picks them up really quickly. I recommend these videos to everyone.

Some helpful notes:

- Our daughter only watches about 15 minutes per day (usually while I am preparing her dinner). You don't have to put your child in front of the TV for hours every day to pick this up!

- If you are considering Baby Signing Time versus, Signing Time, I have seen both and I prefer Baby Signing Time. The Signing Time videos feature kids doing the signs to a background of relaxing, new age-y music; Baby Signing Time has fun songs throughout.

- This might be a bit picky, but Vol. I of Baby Signing Time goes through several items of food that are all relatively healthy; the regular Signing Time video goes through food signs in Vol. III and includes ice cream, candy, cookie, and pizza. I don't really want my 13 month old to be thinking about those things at this point. I'm sure she'll be introduced to all that in due course, but for now, I try to give her really wholesome foods. She doesn't need to know what candy is yet!

- Yes, the songs can get annoying to adults, but baby LOVES it, and it's worth it!