Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Thor: Ragnarok available to buy Thor: Ragnarok available to buy Thor: Ragnarok available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Paperwhite Game of Thrones: The Complete Seasons 1-7 now available on Blu-ray and DVD Shop now TG18PP_gno

on September 18, 2016
This video is very well constructed. I honestly like sitting and watching (& singing) her videos with my little one. Lol

My little one really does not care for other videos other than Signing Time or Baby Signing Time. When she hears the theme songs, she gets very excited.

These videos are great as a starter or introduction into sign language. I have honestly learned so much already, Rachel makes memory references for every sign that makes it easy to remember. Very catchy.

I would highly recommend these videos for everyone wanting to learn ASL. I would especially recommend for parents who have deaf, hoh children or children with delayed speech. Personally My child has bilateral deafness and after searching for resources, these videos Happened to be the most reputable source I have found to help us.

I wish the sets were a little more affordable but regardless I know the cost of the videos are worth it.

If you found my review helpful, please vote!
on September 6, 2013
Baby Signing Vol. 1 - It's Baby Signing Time uses lots of repetition coupled with short songs to help babies recognize and recall signs. It features babies signing (with various clarity) in context as well as an adult signing more distinctly. Said adult also leads the songs, which are probably my greatest disappointment. They are so annoying and it's hard to get them out of one's head. My eleven-month old seems intrigued by this video, but then again - he is interested by almost any video, so this is not necessarily a stamp of approval. I still gave it three stars because whether I enjoyed it or not, I learned. (And maybe baby did, too?)
on May 27, 2012
My son was diagnosed with a speech delay. According to doctors, he was around 6-9 months behind his peers at the age of two-in expressive and communicative language. I had more than one person recommend sign language to us to help him communicate and was given the #3 DVD by his speech therapist and he loved that one so much that I ordered this one. He watched the #3 DVD twice and already knew three of the signs and was using them-outside, star and day. Not only was he using the signs, he was saying these words. This DVD had the more basic signs we actually needed to communicate with him. He learned more, drink, all of them. He caught on so fast and was doing the signs first and trying to say the words, then he was saying the words.

My son is now 2.5, we've been watching the DVDs off and on for that time and he has made HUGE progress and his therapist told me a couple of weeks ago she wouldn't be able to tell he was delayed if she were just observing him. He still has some communication issues but has significantly improved, and I think BST DVDs had a lot to do with it. We see a speech therapist every 2 weeks, I highly doubt that time is what is helping so much. It's doing this at home with him that has really helped us so much. I can usually find something wrong with products but this one I would recommend 1000%.
on May 21, 2013
We have been watching this with our son since he was about 9 or 10 months old. He enjoys the songs, and laughs at the animations (there are very short animations during transition points). A couple of weeks ago, just a week shy of a year old, my son walked up to me and signed "milk" - I couldn't stop grinning the entire time I nursed him! He can also sign "more," though he does not do it as consistently as he signs "milk." I love that the video includes many different babies making the signs - it made it easier to recognize the two signs our son knows, and I'm sure will help with recognizing when he signs other signs in the future.
VINE VOICEon May 19, 2008
Our 10 month old son loves this DVD, and whether it's the music, the images of children or something else, it exerts a pull on him unlike anything other than They Might Be Giant's Here Come the 123s DVD can.

He doesn't sign yet, after several months of watching, but he definitely understands "milk," "all done" and certainly seems to get several other signs. He studies our signs intently, but we haven't had a breakthrough yet, and we've been pretty diligent. All kids progress at their own rates, of course.

Still, this DVD has been more than worth it to us so far. We're probably going to pick up the second DVD in the series. We record the non-baby version off of PBS on our DVR, although they don't so far engage him in quite the same way as the baby ones do.
on May 26, 2016
My child loves it. He's picked up a couple of signs but the main benefit on that end is me learning them from DVD so I can keep teaching him. I understand no tv is recommended but realistically for some of us our child is going to watch a little. He loves loves the signing babies, Miss Rachel, and the little cartoons. I have seen some other reviews complaining about the cartoon characters but let me sat they are minimal and very simple characters that do something here and there. I'm very happy with this DVD even though I cannot get the songs out of my head!
on March 9, 2014
This rental was about two hours; however, the actual segment is a bit less than half an hour. The same segment repeats twice, then there's a lengthy introduction by Rachel Coleman. I found it strange that the introduction that explains the process was placed in the middle rather than at the beginning, but it is what it is. By the time I got to that part, I stopped watching (it was really long). The actual signing segment is great, and it's one of the few things that has actually held my son's attention. He's only 8 months now and we watched it a couple of times, so I don't expect him to sign back just yet. I found it very helpful, and I continue to sign with him and hope that soon he will catch on. It's great, it's interesting, catchy, and my son loves it, but I don't see the point of repeating the same segment over and over again. That's what the rewind button is for. I may just buy the DVDs instead, to have them to watch over and over. I highly recommend Baby Signing Time, but not this rental.
on March 17, 2014
The video is good. My son likes the video and learned many signs.

I was concerned about one thing though. My son was moving his head weirdly when he'd sign stuff of do things in general. It was kind of scary and I thought something might be a little off with my son.

Turns out there is one child in the video that moves wierd when he signs sometimes (only sometimes)...my son copied his moves. Now the weird moving child sticks out everything I see the video.
on August 23, 2017
My daughter is addicted to this show. She's been signing along with Rachel since 11 months old, learning something each time we watch it!
on January 16, 2016
My 20 month old has down syndrome and loves the signing time series. It has really helped build her communication skills so I thought I'd try the baby signing time since it's more her speed. Wrong! She was not interested at ALL. The songs aren't as good and I don't think it's as interactive. The original signing times are better!