Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win STEM $54.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on November 25, 2013
The only reason I didn't give 5 stars is because the tag says this doll is surface wash only. I would love to throw this doll into my wash machine, and I just might do it anyway.

I couldn't decide between Baby Stella & Rosy Cheeks Baby, so I ordered them both. My daughter is 15mo now. Rosy Cheeks Baby is for 3yrs+, but she seemed like she would be an acceptable toy for a 1yr old.

Rosy Cheeks Baby
PROS: she is made of a softer fabric
CONS: Her hair is made of something that feels somewhat like real hair and I wouldn't want my child putting that hair in her mouth, and at 1yr old she will put it in her mouth. She has a little pink bow loosely sewn into her hair, it slides out pretty easily and could be eaten by your child.

Rosy Cheeks Baby is more plush and lighter weight than Baby Stella. Not sure if the hospital bracelet could come off, if so, I see that as something a child may eat.

Baby Stella
PROS: no small parts for child to eat, her hair is made of the same fabric as her body
CONS: tag says surface wash only. Soft, but not as soft as Rosy Cheeks Baby

Baby Stella has a little weight to her, she is partly filled with beans - or something of the like. A fellow mom commented to me that it helps Baby Stella feel more "real", that she has some weight to her. My daughter refused pacifiers so I threw Baby Stella's paci away, she probably wouldn't know what it was for anyway (I figure it's just something for a child to lose anyway).

Baby Stella "won" based on the hair and the bow. I might buy a second one to keep at daycare. My daughter became instantly attached to her "baby". She absolutely LOVES Stella. She rocks her, hugs her, kisses her, talks to her, burps her and snuggles with her. One of the other little girls at daycare wants my daughter's Baby Stella too. So daycare suggested to the other mom that maybe she pick one up for her daughter too. Stella is a popular baby! :)
on July 14, 2016
Saw this doll and just had to buy it for my baby granddaughter, Lucy! She's only 6 months old, but with time she can appreciate and hopefully love this little doll. I love how soft she is, and that its all material and stitching. And our Lucy pulled the pacifier off her face right away...as we all did. She also liked to suck on the tufts of hair. Everything goes into the mouth right now!
As Lucy gets older I can buy more clothes and doll furniture to go with this baby doll. It's like a doll and stuffed animal combined. Soft and cuddly.
on December 13, 2013
Our baby girl loves Stella, she cradles her up and snuggles her like a good little Momma! And I (Mom) love that Stella is all cloth so unlike some of the toys from my generation, there is no fear of the head popping off or having it used as a weapon by another young sibling like my brother did to me as a kid. I also enjoy the fact that if she gets dirty I can just toss her in a pillow case and throw her in with the laundry on a warm wash and low tumble setting - I'm pretty sure that's not on the original tag but we've done it and as long as we make sure that it's dried thoroughly we've had no issue. I had read some complaint on the quality (an opening of a seam) but in the almost two years we've had Stella, with regular use, we've never had an issue; I think perhaps just like with any product you occasionally get a lemon and a simple exchange would do the trick.
Top Contributor: Coloringon November 10, 2015
Gave this to my 10 month old granddaughter during a recent hospital stay. She now sleeps with Stella every night. She is fascinated with the pacifier. I will wait a little longer to introduce Stella's other accessories. I loved the fact that other reviews were washing her in the washing machine. It is looking like this will be her "lovey".
on April 3, 2015
I debated on a first baby doll for some time. While it may not seem like a huge decision, I was buying it as a Christmas present for a six month old (and therefore knew I needed to find a doll that could be loved at both a very young age, and older too.)
Baby stella is the perfect first doll. Stella is made of a nice soft fabric, and is plush and snuggly. Her outfit is minky and adorable, from the shirt and bloomers down to the little diaper. My daughter loved it from six months old on up. First just snuggling with her, then playing with the magnetic binky, and eventually as a doll to treat like a little baby.
UPDATE: My daughter is almost three, and we have another little girl on the way. She still plays with Stella on a regular basis, and I will be ordering another doll by Manhattan Toys for darling daughter #2)
on November 20, 2014
I researched a lot of baby dolls before deciding on Baby Stella Peach for my daughter's first birthday. I'm so glad I went with this one. My 1 year old loves this baby, and has since the day she opened it. Baby Stella Peach is soft and cuddly and the perfect first doll. The body, fabric and clothing is all soft and seems like it will hold up well. My daughter's favorite part is the magnetic pacifier. She puts it on and takes it off over and over again. So far, it seems like the pacifier is holding up well. She pushes her baby around in the Fisher-Price Brilliant Basics Stroll Along Walker and the two together are a perfect doll/stroller combination. It was worth spending a little extra money on this baby doll for a good quality product that I see being a favorite for years to come.
on December 11, 2014
Baby Stella is a adorable baby doll and will be a great first Christmas present for my daughter. She is soft, cuddly, and loveable. She has a good slight "weight" to her and isn't just "fluff". I was debating between Stella and the rosy cheeks baby, but ultimately chose Stella because of the fun magnetic pacifier and additional magnetic accessories you can purchase. Baby Stella also has really cute little features that are embroidered on so there's no risk of choking on an eye or any hard plastic. My friend's daughter also has Stella, so she came highly recommended to us from their experience.
I'd definitely recommend this product to anyone who has been looking for a wonderful first doll or addition to their little ones own baby doll collection.
on March 21, 2016
I bought the Stella doll for my daughters first birthday. She loved it! It was by far her favorite gift. She loves to pull the pacifier off and stick it back on over and over. This was a huge hit! I love that she is machine washable as anyone with a baby knows how important that is. My daughter got the doll yesterday and poor Stella already has her fair share of snot and spit on her. I would like to see Stella sit on her own though. She can only lay down or sit propped up. Overall, I do recommend this doll if you're looking for one for a baby.
review image review image
on June 17, 2014
I got this doll as a gift for my daughter from my son on the day she was born. I can't believe this, but she is now only 4 months old and absolutely loves her! She pats and pulls the doll's hair and loves to pull off and put the binky back on. This doll is so soft and adorable, I'm certain it will be her favorite for years to come. I'm glad we got her!
on January 2, 2016
We got this for my daughter's first birthday present. She was instantly in love. The doll is not the cutest but it is soft--perfect for snuggling and carrying around. If you are worried about losing the pacifier that comes with you may want to tie it on with a ribbon. It is amazing to watch my daughter pretend and mimic how we care for her with her doll. Wash-ability: We threw it in the wash (after she dipped baby in the toilet) a few times (in a mesh bag) and air dried it which seemed to work fine. Out of my daughter's too many toys this is consistently a favorite.