Baby Trend Expedition Double Jogging Stroller, Skylar (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
- Front swivel wheel
- Quick release tires for storage and travel
- Pneumatic bicycle tires
- Ratcheting shade canopy
- Parent organizer with two cup holders
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
The Baby Trend Expedition Double Jogging Strolle is famous for its luxurious ride, durability and all-terrain versatility! Whether it's a trip to the shopping mall, the boardwalk or gravel trail, the Expedition Double Jogger in the attractive Vision style takes you there with comfort and ease. A lockable front swivel wheel makes a light jog easy, or let the Expedition swivel and be your everyday, all-use stroller! Nothing takes on varied indoor and outdoor situations like its large 12" and 16" air filled tires. Great for busy families on the go!
From the Manufacturer
Skylar Expedition Double Jogging Stroller with front swivel wheel is made for two children. This has 5 point harnesses, multi position reclining seats and an over sized fender. There are three quick release pneumatic wheels, a parent tray with two cup holders, and the stroller is quick and easy to fold.
Top Customer Reviews
Also, I don't have the problem with the wobbly front wheel some have complained about (read the tip below).
- Extremely smooth operation
- Kids LOVE to ride in it -- especially when I run over bumps!
- Seats seem very comfortable
- Seats are adjustable from a slight recline to full recline by adjusting a pull strap (very easy to adjust), so kids can take a nap if needed
- Each seat has a mesh side pocket for snacks, etc.
- Seat belt harness is easy to clip on and very adjustable
- Seat bottoms are tilted back a bit so the child sits comfortably cradled in the seat (unlike many other strollers and bike trailers)
- Stroller folds over quickly and easily for storage/transportation
- All wheels can be easily removed with quick release
- Canopy is fully adjustable to block the sun, even if it's head-on
- Canopy has an openable cover to reveal a peek-through sunroof so parents can see the kids while pushing
- Assembly took 5 minutes -- easiest assembly I've ever had for an item this size
- Front wheel has a metal swivel lock pin (not just a plastic clip)
- Plenty of storage under seats and behind seatbacks
- Comfortable handle and a safety wrist strap
- Two parent cup holders and a storage compartment
- Plenty of toe clearance to the rear axle (you won't kick it while power walking)
- Underseat storage has a center divider, so it's two long skinny compartments -- not good for a larger diaper bag
- Even when fully upright, the seats are reclined a tiny bit more than I would like -- not bad, but should have been able to go a bit more upright
- Safety wrist strap seems a bit short (still need to test it out)
- Doesn't have a DVD player... It's a joke! =-)
For those that experience the wobbly front wheel, try this -- There's a nut under the plastic footrest that fastens the front fork onto the frame. Tighten that bolt down a little bit so the front fork has a little resistance in turning -- not too much so it prevents you from turning easily, but just enough so that it doesn't freely swivel.
While checking out the stroller at the store, I noticed the front wheel was wobbly, as some other reviewers commented. I bought the stroller anyway because it was still the best one I found. When I pulled the new stroller out of the box, I noticed that the front fork was a bit tighter than the one at the store, but it had no front wheel wobble. From a mechanical perspective, it makes sense that a little resistance in the swivel will prevent wobble.
My favorite thing about it is that it's SO easy to push, even with one hand and 70 pounds of kids inside. The large wheels run very smoothly. I've pushed both kids around for 10 hours at a time at Disneyland without any issues on my end.
It is a MUST to have the lock/unlock front wheel feature--there are times when you need to use one or the other. In general, I think the faster you push or the more unbalanced the two kids are in weight, the more you will need to lock the front wheel. Fantastic storage on three levels (upper, middle, lower) and I appreciate the two cup holders. The fact that the canopy can swivel all the way from top to bottom (unlike our Peg Perego's) is also a huge plus.
There are two reasons I'm giving it 4 stars instead of 5:
1. I do not like having a stroller or carseat that has a covering which cannot be removed and washed in the washing machine. With two kids in this stroller every time it's used, it gets messy to the point where wiping it with a sponge is completely useless.
2. The wheel-to-wheel width seems to be just about 1/2 to 1 inch wider than a standard retail door frame. I've had to bypass certain stores simply because I couldn't get the stroller inside the door! If it was slightly less wide (like the width of a wheelchair?), it would be perfect.
All in all, this is our fourth stroller purchase (single or double) and it's right up there with our expensive Bugaboo Frog in terms of ease of use. We love it.
To fix the issue with the front wheel there are two areas to adjust that will require you to tighten from time to time.
This is usually overlooked. There are five screws that remove the plastic kick cover just over top the front swivel wheel. Remove this to expose the large bolt that secures the swivel wheel and tighten slowly so that all the play is gone from the swivel wheel. It may feel like the bolt is really tight already but you can tighten it more. Do not over tighten so that the swivel wheel has resistance to turn. If this comes loose frequently purchase Locktite from your local hardware store, put Locktite on the threads of the bolt then re-secure the bolt.
Adjust the front tire inner axle nuts. These are the inner most pair of bolts on the axle, there should be no play side to side but not so tight that the wheel does not spin freely on the axle. It should spin without resistance.
If you don't feel this is a job you cannot handle any local bike shop should be able to complete either of these tasks for you in less then 10 minutes. It really is that easy.
This small maintenance will keep this stroller in great working operation for as long as you need it.
Hope this helps everyone extend the life of this great stroller.