Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7, starting at $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 30 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 35 reviews
on May 10, 2013
These fit WAY too snug. The video says up to 40lbs and it is too tight on my 29 lb 2 year old. The video also states these are bamboo velour inside with microfleece under the velour (similar to the old style snugglebees). Which is what sold me to buy these. However these are a simple PUL outer layer with a white microfleece inner.

The insert is the typical stick-to-your-finger microfiber on one side with the hemp on the other. However they stuck the tag on the hemp side of the insert, which according to the description you are supposed to be able to place facing your child. But in my house this wont work since my child has sensitive skin and ANY tag causes her to itch like crazy. It is also hard to stuff as the insert feels too large for the diaper and is bunchy. In fact even if you don't stuff it and just lay it on top it still sticks almost an inch out the back. So I had to cut off almost an inch from the back of the insert and sew it closed. This cut the tag off (solving that issue) and also made the insert fit better into the diaper.

Also after just one day of use one of the leg snaps just pulled out as I tried to unsnap this diaper! I am returning the other three I purchased and would not buy these again.

** UPDATE ** I just was researching around and found out that the video on this diaper is for the Babykicks 3G Pocket Diaper, Meadow/White Snaps which DOES have the bamboo velour inner, contoured insert and fleece gussets. The video needs to be removed off this listing.
on December 16, 2015
I liked this diaper more than I initially thought I would. For reference the BabyKicks Basic was my first experience with a side-snapping diaper and I've been cloth diapering for 5 years over 3 children. First of all, this is a very trim diaper and I don't know any cloth diaper mom who doesn't appreciate that. I also found it pretty absorbent, I mean I wouldn't use it for overnight but my daughter was in this for a nap for over 3 hours once and didn't leak. The color I ordered (Meadow) was also nice and vibrant.

The downside to this diaper are that it is a smaller one-size and I could see how this may not fit chubby baby legs as well. I personally liked the fit I got on my daughter but all the same I could see where others might not. Also it's a shame there aren't many color options or any prints period.

Overall I really liked this diaper and if I didn't already have a full stash, I would definitely add more. The price is very good, the quality was nice and it worked, to put it simply. I'd definitely recommend this to anyone looking for an affordable pocket diaper.
on July 23, 2016
As noted by others the video in the listing is not for this diaper. It is for a different Babykicks diaper called the Premium One Size Cloth Diaper. This listing is for the Basic One Size Cloth Diaper with different features and liner than the video (the premium diaper).
Wish I had noticed this before I bought!
Of note: the Babykicks website also says this basic diaper is meant for 7-40 lbs but there is NO WAY this thing is fitting on my 30 lb baby. It's just way too small and narrow. Since we have another baby on the way I may just keep the diaper, but I can't imagine using it from birth to potty learning, unless our next child potty learns around 20-25 lbs....that's the high end weight limit I would realisitcally give this diaper.
I am attempting to embed the Babykicks video for this diaper, the Basic diaper in this review. If it doesn't work just go to the Babykicks website and look for the basic diaper and you will find a video going over the features.

[...]
on January 10, 2013
BabyKicks snap kind of reverse of other cloth diapers. If that's all you ever used, you will love them and never have a reason to use another brand. Since I use several brands, they're kind of awkward. Fit and absorbency are on par with the major brands like Fuzzi Bunz and Bum Genius. All in all, a great deal for a high quality pocket diaper.

EDIT:
After using these and others for 6 months now, we've stopped using the BabyKicks. They are too awkward to put on compared to other cloth diapers and aren't as absorbent as BumGenius. We didn't come to this conclusion until our daughter got a little bigger (and thus wetted them more thoroughly in a shorter time).
on June 2, 2015
After trying many cloth diapers in other brands, I have to say, hands down, these are my favorite. These fit my baby's body perfect! They are slim, trim and very soft. I'm very impressed with the absorbency of these diapers. Every baby body is different and I have tried to find the perfect fit for my guy. These are perfect for day time use. I haven't tried them for night time however, I do plan on adding a Joey Bunz hemp insert into the pocket and giving this diap a try for my 10-12 hour sleeper. I really like the side snaps because it helps prevent bulk in the front and I feel like I can get a more snug fit. I'm also very impressed with the quality of this diaper. Very well made.
on May 10, 2013
The video posted here in the description pictures for this diaper must be for a different baby kicks diaper because this diaper doesn't come with a stay-dry liner and the insert is much smaller and shaped differently than the one in the video. I was very disappointed when it arrived and it was nothing like they described other than the color.
on June 26, 2013
This BabyKicks basic cloth diaper is a great diaper. I wasn't sure what to expect at this price point but am pleasantly surprised at how much I like this diaper. The hemp/cotton insert/soaker that comes with the diaper is quite absorbent. The material is soft and durable. I really like the side snaps too! I am quite pleased with this brand and would purchase it again.
on October 13, 2014
I really like the fit of the "basics". They are the side-snap closure, which can be a little more tricky on a wiggly baby, but to me its not a big deal. These fit quite trim, which makes them a nice day-time diaper for under clothing. They wash and dry well (I do line dry) and are easy to stuff. The crotch is a little more narrow than some other pocket brands (like BG for example). While not quite as easy as those to stuff, the trim, close fit makes it well worth it to me. Seem cozy, keep baby dry (for few-hr day time use) and used as such, havent leaked on us.
on October 26, 2015
I really love this diaper. It fits my daughter great. The fit is the same as a typical disposable or like underwear whereas other diapers can be much too wide in the groin area, or bunch in the front by the stomach and rise snaps. I have a heavy wetter and do not need to double up with this one, she's good for at least 2 hours with no leaking. I got a great deal from Amazon and wound up buying another.
on February 10, 2016
These diapers leak everytime we use them. My child is on the smallest rise setting and the insert doesn't fit right. The flap is very loose and the insert touches the skin. These are also very trim (which is nice), but that makes it extremely difficult to stuff. More so then any other pocket diaper I own. I can only recommend choosing another diaper!