Salon Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition $99.99. Limited-time offer. All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on June 25, 2015
Instructions:
1. Open your Amazon package containing this travel dryer.
2. Laugh out loud and say, "It's tiny. It won't possibly dry my hair."
3. Plug this baby in, turn it on and prepare to take your words back.
This is an actual travel dryer for actual travelers. The ones who pack light, never check a bag, but still want to look good on the road. This is not just a regular hair dryer with dual voltage added to it at a higher price in order to pretend it's for 'travel'. I am a longtime traveler and travel writer. I make few recommendations on gear because everybody has their own ways to walk their travel path, and who the hell am I to tell you what to take in your pack? I'm making an exception for this piece of equipment and tucking it in my pack. Bon Voyage!
review image
11 comment| 314 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERon September 7, 2012
As others have said here, this tiny little dryer is amazingly powerful, but more important it's a real travel dryer. Unlike so many other so-called travel dryers, ALL the function settings on this dryer work overseas EXACTLY as they do in the US. It's the smallest travel dryer I've ever seen, taking up just a little more space than a soup can when folded up (see the picture I posted), weighs only 10.5 ounces, and sports a 60-in cord (yes, 5 feet!) for reaching the not-always-convenient plug locations found in overseas hotels, B&Bs, apartments, etc.

Buyer beware - don't assume the travel dryer you bought will work overseas the same way it does when you tested it a home - there's a good chance it won't. There are plenty of "travel" dryers sold in the States that when the voltage selector is placed in the 220V position for overseas use, it disables the high-speed/heat setting. I learned this the hard way when I got to France and discovered that my new "travel dryer" only worked on the low-speed/heat setting.

This BaByliss Pro travel dryer has two settings, and I can vouch that they both work on the 220V setting. Let me clarify the "2 heat/speed" settings on this dryer that another reviewer considers false advertising. The heat and speed settings are not independent of each other; that is, the high air speed setting is the hot temperature, and the low air speed setting is the warm temperature. This is exactly how it's explained in the product manual, so I don't consider it false advertising, but I do understand the confusion. In this case 2+2 does not equal 4. I have posted a picture of the dryer and the switch that controls the two settings:

1) HIGH = Faster air speed + HOT temperature
2) LOW = Slower air speed + WARM temperature (but definitely not cool)

If you're looking for a travel dryer with a "hot shot," "cool shot," or other specialty or interchangeable settings, I doubt you'll ever find them (that actually function overseas) on a "travel" dryer sold here in the States. Better to buy one with all the features you want at your overseas destination, but expect to pay a lot more money for it.

For me, this delightful little dynamo does everything it says it will, and works perfectly both at home and abroad.
review image review image review image
1515 comments| 794 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 4, 2016
Had to comment...this dryer DOES have 2 settings - Hi, Lo (& off) and 2 amp settings (see pic). Also, this is not a dryer that can replace your everyday dryer but for guests or vacation it's great!

This is our 2nd Babyliss hairdryer. We had the 1st one for about 10 years and loved it. Then, while getting ready for a recent trip, we noticed it needed replacing & were very pleased that it was still available. It's compact and powerful. Perfect for the guest room and travel. We would highly recommend this product.
review image review image review image review image
on September 25, 2015
This thing is really tiny. The whole thing would probably fit inside a tissue box. Little bit worried about the sturdiness of the folding handle but it is a nice feature that lends to its travel size utility. It comes with a condenser head which was also key for my particular use. My only complaints are that it gets too hot with even moderate use and that it has no temperature setting. The condenser head, in particular, is hot enough to burn one's self on if using for more than 3-4 minutes. While size was their primary concern, it seems to me they could've fit a temp switch in there even if it were just "Hot-Cool" options. In the end, it packs a lot of drying capacity in such a small package even though it sounds like a tiny handheld vacuum.

Update: Just had a hair product eat the pain off the handle of this thing. Not sure whether to blame the product that can strip paint they made to put on someone's scalp or the product that didn't use a durable finish.
on August 5, 2011
Hair Length: Long
Hair Texture:Wavey/loose curls, Medium thickness.

So I'm not going to lie, when I first opened the box I laughed. This dryer is TINY! When folded it's literally the size of a small clutch bag! I plugged it in and it was rather quiet and very powerful(for such a TINY dryer)!
I started to blow dry my hair straight. For the ladies that do this, you know how tired your arms can get from holding the dryer and the brush. NOT with this little baby. It literally weighs a little more than my boar bristle round brush. It dried my hair in about the same time if not a little less than my normal dryer(FHI). My hair was shiny and virtually no frizz(I live in the south where it's humid as all get out, so I always have SOME frizz). I LOVE LOVE LOVE this little dryer. I've actually started using it in place of my normal one because it's so light and small! I wouldn't see why anyone would pay more money for those name brands travel dryers when this works much better and is defiantly much smaller!!
The only con is the fact that it doesn't have a cool shot button. However they do have one that does have a cool shot button. I costs about $5 more(here on amazon), but I didn't see it until after I had already purchased this one.
77 comments| 516 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 13, 2017
Man, I LOVE this hairdryer. It has so much power for its size!! Of course I prefer my regular hairdryer at home, but it really isn't a huge sacrifice to use this one while traveling.

I bought this for my Europe trip and couldn't have been more satisfied unless it had also come with an adapter.

And IT IS SO TINY! It fits in the palm of your hand when folded. So awesome to travel. I would totally suggest everyone who travels anywhere get one.
on August 5, 2017
This is a good little travel dyer that doesn't hurt my ears, or blast my hair. It folds up as advertised. It doesn't take up too much room in a suitcase, and doesn't weigh a lot. I would give it 5 stars if it had a cool setting. As it is, it works well. The handle feels good in my hand. I have no problems moving it around to get my hair dry. I would purchase it again.
on April 13, 2017
LOVE this little dryer! Works very well and is super light. I use it almost every day, even if I'm not traveling.
on February 24, 2017
Oh my gosh! This little hair dryer is adorable! I have the regular size BaByliss Pro hair dryer and I cannot live life without it. I have waist length, thick hair that is washed and dried everyday. I've had the regular size BaByliss for at least five years and it takes me exactly 7 minutes to dry my hair. During a recent vacation, I was going to have to part with my BaByliss hair dryer for a few days while it traveled with some family members to our vacation location, while I flew in later due to a work situation (saving myself the baggage fees). Because I love my BaByliss so much and rely on it like my morning coffee, I was ready to buy a second one so I wouldn't have to go without. So I pulled up Amazon, ready to buy another full size hairdryer when I saw this little guy, read the reviews, and thought I'd give it a try. When I received the travel dryer, I laughed because, even though all of the reviews say it is small, you cannot appreciate how tiny it is until you see it with your own eyes. I had a moment of skepticism, but after using it the next morning and only taking 10 minutes to dry my hair, I am in love with this little guy too! If you are on the fence about buying it, just go for it! You will be pleasantly surprised!
review image review image
on October 9, 2014
Beautiful and tiny little travel dryer. We're going to be living out of backpacks as we travel around the world for a year and I needed something super lightweight and small, so I ordered several different dryers at a time so I could compare all of them at once. This one not only was the least expensive, but it is SO much smaller than the other travel dryers I looked at. My only complaint is that it didn't come with a diffuser (and as a curly hair girl, that is a must!) I contacted Babyliss to see if they had any recommendations and after not hearing back from them, I bought several different diffusers to test them out. I was really hoping for a collapsible one, but so far this is the only one that fits, http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005WX3N7W/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 It's a rather large diffuser, so when put together with the dryer itself, it makes them an average size of what you'd expect from a travel dryer/diffuser combo. But - it works!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.