Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating FFII_gno

Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 124 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 158 reviews
on August 19, 2017
No! No! No!!! This can't be the end of the Babylon Rising series. I was hooked and even bought the the fourth book and the audible version because I had to finish reading the series to the very end! 😕 (I borrowed the first three books from the New York Public library). But what a let down. There are too many unanswered questions. I wonder if Bob Phillips or Jerry B. Jenkins could write the fifth installment.

A great series should never just putter out with no real conclusion. SOMEONE SAVE US!!!
on February 12, 2015
I have enjoyed this series of books although after the first two, the plots are quite predictable. One thing I have found with the Kindle versions is that there are a lot of missing words and misspellings. When I read book 3, and it ended rather abruptly, seemingly in the middle of a thought, I questioned whether I had gotten to whole book. Then I thought perhaps the next book would pick up where this one left off. It didn't. The Edge of Darkness, while enjoyable was just a predictable as the previous ones. But when I reached the last few pages and some sections were repeated at least twice, and it ended literally in mid-sentence, I am again wondering whether I am getting the entire book.
on September 7, 2017
Another gripping story with twists and turns throughout. Tim is a master story teller and builds in the truth of scripture within his stories in a way that is not "religious" but informative of other realities. The whole series is highly recommended
on March 23, 2016
The overall series was good, but boy was the ending terrible. Seems like the authors were in a hurry to end the series or expected to write another book but decided not to. Could have used one more book or at least a few more chapters in this one. I really thought there was another book after this one because of how it ended. I searched everywhere and realized this was the end. No closure at all.
on September 12, 2017
If you have read the other Babylon Rising books you must read this one. My concern now is what next?
on October 3, 2015
After reading the first three books this was a let down. Very little on your seat excitement. A lot of reviewing of the first three books. The ending didn't leave me with much of anything. I personally believe in the end of times and that it is starting now. Knowing the authors prior writes I thought he would have given more of a "in you face" ending to think long a hard about. But as he did say this was a fictional sieres. After the excitement of the first 3 books I just felt let down.
on April 13, 2017
This book I could not put down it very exciting and easy to read. Now I have to wait for the next book to come out.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 5, 2017
Even with Murphy's victory the reader is left with more questions than answers. One answer that has an eternalquestion and that's salvation andknowing Jesus, LaHaye lays out the way to Christ and leaves no doubt and how to receive Jesus as your personal savior.
on June 7, 2013
While I like the premise on which the series is built, I find that this book and the others (as well as the Left Behind series) all leave a little to be desired. The characters are stereotypical, the action has a theme of Deus ex machina, which is probably accurate as Divine intervention ought to be pre-supposed, but still it jars a little, and the whole seems artificial. Nice, good hearty read, but artificial. I would read the book again, it is certainly a very pleasant read. With each book I buy I keep hoping that there will be a little more development, that the personae would be a little less predictable, and that seems to be the case. If you are not a Christian, you will find this perhaps overpowering.
on September 19, 2014
The idea behind the series intrigued me. I have not read a lot of christian literature and I enjoyed the fact that this series dealt with a topic of importance - BUT I couldn't help but roll my eyes at some of the dialogue. The phrases are also very repetitive and a lot of the descriptions are similar. I read the books in close succession, the fourth was the most difficult to finish.
I recommended the first book with some reservations but having completed the series, I unfortunately don't think I'd recommend any more of the books.