Baby's First Sounds: Discoveries for Little Ears
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Special Features:
- Fun Times Together: Baby's First Sounds (available in Spanish, French & English)
- Fun with Phonemes
- Toy Chest
- Sneak Peak: Einstein Pals
Top Customer Reviews
What I like...
1. The quality of the DVD is wonderful. The animation and the pictures are vivid and colorful. It's extremely engaging for little ones.
2. The basic sounds are simple enough that my son can imitate them.
3. The puppets (especially the little lambs and the bumblebee) really help draw the child in. My son jumps for joy whenever the bumble bee comes on screen. (In the tradition of Baby Einstein, the bumble-bee is the host, so you'll see her often.) The little bee makes sounds like she is talking right to the baby. So, my little one talks right back.
4. There is a huge variety of animals (dogs, ducks, turtles, lambs, and hippos, just to name a few).
5. The music is excellent and very soothing. Its perfect for night time since it doesn't get him all worked up.
6. The beginning of the DVD has lots of little kids from all over the world saying "hello" in their various languages. My son waves to them all. Now that I've seen it a couple of times, I say hello back while he waves to the children. I don't speak any languages fluently, so it's a language lesson for me.
At the end of the DVD, you'll hear goodbye in multiple languages as well. I think its great to hear the different sounds that you'll never hear in English, and I firmly believe that when children are exposed to these sounds when they are young, they'll pick up languages faster later on. Having spent a lot of time with multi-lingual small children, I think that kids don't get as confused as we adults do.
7. It's a great intro to phonics.Read more ›
My pet peeves with it though
- My son has learned NO sounds by watching this video, even with me trying to reinforce the sounds.
- Mix of languages. Spanish, French, English and I think Mandarin (not sure though).
- The stories are cute, but after watching this DVD atleast 40 times, I still don't understand what is being said (as the stories are in French, Spanish, etc) except knowing the story is either Little Miss Muffet, Little Bo Peep...
Don't expect you child to pick up on any words from watching this. The puppets and the sounds are absolutely cute though. My son has picked up words like 'Hi' and 'Cat' from us actually READING a book to him and pointing at the pictures.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Babies just love any Baby Einstein movie I believe. In really good shape.Published 22 months ago by Oma Loves Her Granddaughter
My oldest can now say hello In I don know how many different languages thanks to this movie I love it it's amazing quality and a better price.Published 23 months ago by Elizabeth