Truck Season Automotive Beauty Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on December 7, 2016
** Important cute little set, engine would not run called Bachmann no help, put a meter on the track make sure its getting power.track has power the issue is with engine.
Amazon reshipped a replacement. Same issue!!!
OK this is the fix!! On the top of the engine a small black screw, (don't loose the screw) lift off the engine cover. you will see 2 screws, i just loosed them a touch. Then placed the engine back on the powered track!!! Success. I think the screws were too tight not allowing the motor gear to turn. Replace the engine cover, and enjoy the set.
N-scale set are very tricky but for 100 buck well worth it. I plan on telling Bachmann as the quality control is poor, Thanks for reading
13 people found this helpful
on January 13, 2017
If your train doesn't work initially, READ THIS before shipping it back. Initially my engine did not work. Remove the tiny screw on top the engine and remove the housing. Take a 9v battery and hold the terminals against the right and left halves of the train. The little DC motor should fire right up, spin the worm gear, and turn the wheels. This at least proves the engine is OK. After i did this, i re-installed the housing and the engine did not work again, even though the track tested out fine (wtf!). All it took to make it run was to loosen the screw holding the housing on. If it's screwed in too tight it will cause a short, and not put the DC through the motor. I read through the troubleshooting manual and all sorts of engine troubleshooting forums, and none of them suggested this. Other than that initial headache, the train works great!
10 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on December 15, 2017
Wow! What a huge disappointment! I set up this beautiful-looking set, plugged it in, and nothing! I contacted a local model train hobbyist who kindly said, "oh-oh" when he heard I bought a Bachmann set. That was my first sign I was in trouble. I took the engine to him. It was so poorly constructed, barely receiving current. He took it apart & re-stored it in 20 minutes, warning me that I'll probably get frustrated with Bachmann going forward. Got home with my now-running engine but now the couplers on the passenger cars wouldn't connect. After fiddling & fiddling, getting a coupler connection, I'd attempt to go round the oval track plus the extra track I had purchased with the hopes of having more than an oval, and you guessed it, more problems: derailment-city. What a waste of time & money. My hope for a model-train Christmas dashed by the absolute junk Bachmann calls a train set. Ugh. Stay away.
5 people found this helpful
on March 30, 2017
Nice detail, but a bit temperamental. When I received my set, there was a yellow post-it on the engine that said, "locomotive defective." Evidently, someone had already sent this set back. I checked the engine, and it didn't budge, and I sent it back. I was then running another Bachmann engine probably of identical design. It was working fine then stopped dead. That's when I remembered ski2312's review on January 13, 2017. If you have this problem, read his review, but basically loosening the tiny screw on the top of the engine allowed it to run again. I removed the engine housing and it ran fine. I put the housing back on, but didn't over tightened the tiny screw and it continued to run fine. It seems that if the housing is too tight, it shorts out the engine. I wish I had tried this before I sent my set back. You are unlikely to damage the engine using this trick. If it still doesn't work, then send it back.
5 people found this helpful
on December 7, 2013
Not really happy with the connections on this train, it's really cute and runs the track good, but may have to send it back, seems the connections for the engine and the coal car are not fitting well, if my husband can't fix it, then we will send it back. Can't figure out why they made that part of the train so cheaply,
15 people found this helpful
on November 18, 2013
Train runs extremely well for it's size. It accelerates smoothly and runs well at low speeds. It also can manage reasonable inclines without slowing too much. The trains are nicely detail for n scale and everything worked out of the box.
16 people found this helpful
on May 31, 2017
I just received my train, the engine did two laps, and kaput! I remembered reading others engine problems, I had to adjust the two screws omni the cover, and the one that holds the body on. That took over 30 minutes trying to get it right. The train looks great and cars too, just the old West look I'm going for.be prepared to work on it.
review image
2 people found this helpful
on December 18, 2015
This train was my worst Amazon experience so far. The track did not go together properly, the car couplers were cheaper than cheap and the engine didn't run. I returned it for a refund.
I would not recommend this brand to anyone.
4 people found this helpful
on November 23, 2016
The track was great and easy to set up. However when I went to get the engine out I noticed one of the arms that is supposed to be attached to one of the wheels was just hanging down and it looked like the metal bracket that was supposed to hold it on had broken. I am getting a refund and will order one to replace this and hope it does not have any issues.
One person found this helpful
on January 28, 2014
Thank you for a good quality train. It was a hit at our Christmas party. It is kind of hard to get on the track but once there it stays there pretty good.
9 people found this helpful