Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide $34.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Last Minute Gifts Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

on December 26, 2013
I just received this set and am having a little trouble understanding all the negative reviews. It was very easy to set up and I have not had any trouble with cars flying off tracks or wheels falling off, even at full speed. (One set of wheels had fallen off in the box; I simply snapped them back into place and that was the end of it.) Yes, the set is made of plastic, but it is hardly flimsy, and the locomotive is considerably heavy and more substantial than I was expecting. If you are at all careful about assembling the track, I honestly don't think you'll have any problems. The set comes with lots of little extras that are reasonably easy to put together and make the whole enterprise a lot more fun than if it merely included trains and tracks. I'm not sure what people were expecting for the price they paid for this set, but from my perspective it delivers everything it promises and is the perfect introduction to HO-scale training for a newcomer like me.
on April 8, 2017
Bought this for my grandson for Christmas and he just loved it. Can't wait to see it under their tree next year.
on February 10, 2016
My son loves this train set. It is great. It does fall off easy though so be careful around it because it is hard to fix back on the tracks. You have to be eye level with the tracks and wheels to but the train back on the track...what a pain.
on December 2, 2016
My husband LOVES his new toy!! He can sit for an hour or so at a time just watching it!!! He has made a lot of his own mountains and.rocks and.tunnels for it.
on January 12, 2016
Easy to set up, price was better than getting it from a local hobby store. Arrived quickly and had it set up and running under the Christmas tree in 15 minutes.
on February 10, 2014
My daughter has wanted a train for years. Finally bought this one as a reward for All A's for first semester. She was so happy, she cried. Thanks! Great price, great product, great shipping.
on December 2, 2017
Came with broken wire. Bachmann sent out replacement right away.
Don't believe all the negative reviews about derailing. USER ERROR.
YOU HAVE TO SLOWLY CONNECT ALL THE TRACKS! Time well spent.
Mine has not derailed once. Don't expect a lot of smoke
from the stack and you can't elevate the track. Engine isn't
strong enough to make it up any incline.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 10, 2017
My dad loved it. Great product
on December 31, 2013
My son always wanted a train for the Christmas Tree. I ordered this one and had it sent to him. He loved it and so did his children.
on January 12, 2014
I purchased this for my son who is obsessed with trains. The track was easily set up in minutes and is also easy to use. I plan on purchasing more Bachmann tracks and sets as my son gets older and learns how to maintain them.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.