Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services animespring animespring animespring  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 84 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 101 reviews
on December 28, 2016
It's one of those those stories you hear as a parent... "We spent half the night trying to figure out / put this toy together...".
Well, it wasn't half the night, but we did try for a couple of hours to get this train working.

We wanted to set it up under the tree and having running as a surprise when the kids got up on Christmas morning. No such luck.

Despite trying all the troubleshooting steps and checking every connection carefully, the engine would not run. No lights. No slight motion. Nothing. I had trains as a kid so I'm not a complete novice and it's not that difficult to setup a simple loop. I kept trying however, soon had the multimeter out and was checking circuit completion and voltages.

I'm pretty sure the engine was defective. Oh well. Sorry Bachmann, I'm simply retuning this to Amazon. I'm not calling you guys and sitting on hold and dealing with and RAM or other BS. Ship a working product next time.
on December 13, 2016
First, the engine casing was broken, but it had separated where the retaining screw attaches it to the body, so no big deal--I have great glue. Fixed. The engine ran well around the track for a few revolutions so I decided to attach the coal car. Bam, off the track half way around. Reset and tried again with the same results. I thought maybe it needed a car attached to it to weigh it down--nope. SOS and the last car kept disconnecting from the tender. I spent more time reconnecting than watching/enjoying. A total waste of money, not to mention all the time spent creating the landscape. And not to mention the heart break of the 3 y/o when the only car to go around the track is the engine.
on February 10, 2014
My daughter has wanted a train for years. Finally bought this one as a reward for All A's for first semester. She was so happy, she cried. Thanks! Great price, great product, great shipping.
on April 8, 2017
Bought this for my grandson for Christmas and he just loved it. Can't wait to see it under their tree next year.
on March 10, 2017
My dad loved it. Great product
on December 26, 2013
I just received this set and am having a little trouble understanding all the negative reviews. It was very easy to set up and I have not had any trouble with cars flying off tracks or wheels falling off, even at full speed. (One set of wheels had fallen off in the box; I simply snapped them back into place and that was the end of it.) Yes, the set is made of plastic, but it is hardly flimsy, and the locomotive is considerably heavy and more substantial than I was expecting. If you are at all careful about assembling the track, I honestly don't think you'll have any problems. The set comes with lots of little extras that are reasonably easy to put together and make the whole enterprise a lot more fun than if it merely included trains and tracks. I'm not sure what people were expecting for the price they paid for this set, but from my perspective it delivers everything it promises and is the perfect introduction to HO-scale training for a newcomer like me.
on September 20, 2008
This is a cool toy!! It is fun to watch it go around its loop.BUT sometimes the wheels pop off.They are easy to put them back on and usaly stay on.Still it is a fun toy!.
on November 26, 2016
We haven't had a chance to put the train up yet as we are setting up for Christmas now. Our grandson loves trains, so he will love the village I'm creating under the tree this year. Trains have always been a special part of our decorations.
on March 1, 2013
Bought this for a gift for going around the Christmas tree. Ran great the whole holiday season. Read issues of disconnecting as it ran, other issues, but we had no issues.
on December 14, 2014
Steam is a little clunky, takes a while to warm up but it is a cute affect. Trainset is a good starter set, station and bridge are neat, people and added parts are pretty much junk. Engine and cars run great.