Workplace Solutions Editors' Holiday Gift Picks Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Happy Belly Snacks Stocking Stuffers Get up to $100 back on House Cleaning services MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Platinum artists Shop Now

Showing 1-10 of 76 reviews(verified purchases). Show all reviews
on December 26, 2013
I just received this set and am having a little trouble understanding all the negative reviews. It was very easy to set up and I have not had any trouble with cars flying off tracks or wheels falling off, even at full speed. (One set of wheels had fallen off in the box; I simply snapped them back into place and that was the end of it.) Yes, the set is made of plastic, but it is hardly flimsy, and the locomotive is considerably heavy and more substantial than I was expecting. If you are at all careful about assembling the track, I honestly don't think you'll have any problems. The set comes with lots of little extras that are reasonably easy to put together and make the whole enterprise a lot more fun than if it merely included trains and tracks. I'm not sure what people were expecting for the price they paid for this set, but from my perspective it delivers everything it promises and is the perfect introduction to HO-scale training for a newcomer like me.
on September 20, 2008
This is a cool toy!! It is fun to watch it go around its loop.BUT sometimes the wheels pop off.They are easy to put them back on and usaly stay on.Still it is a fun toy!.
on November 26, 2016
We haven't had a chance to put the train up yet as we are setting up for Christmas now. Our grandson loves trains, so he will love the village I'm creating under the tree this year. Trains have always been a special part of our decorations.
on February 10, 2016
My son loves this train set. It is great. It does fall off easy though so be careful around it because it is hard to fix back on the tracks. You have to be eye level with the tracks and wheels to but the train back on the track...what a pain.
on February 10, 2014
My daughter has wanted a train for years. Finally bought this one as a reward for All A's for first semester. She was so happy, she cried. Thanks! Great price, great product, great shipping.
on December 8, 2016
Picked this up for $84,it was always out of stock and soon as it popped up i was able to snag one.Its a very nice set alot of extras come with it. The locomotive smokes and is extremely quiet . Build quality is really nice,alot better then the Chattanooga choo choo from tyco .the rail cars all functioned good. This would be a really nice starter set for a responsible ten year old
on March 1, 2013
Bought this for a gift for going around the Christmas tree. Ran great the whole holiday season. Read issues of disconnecting as it ran, other issues, but we had no issues.
on December 14, 2014
Steam is a little clunky, takes a while to warm up but it is a cute affect. Trainset is a good starter set, station and bridge are neat, people and added parts are pretty much junk. Engine and cars run great.
on December 31, 2013
My son always wanted a train for the Christmas Tree. I ordered this one and had it sent to him. He loved it and so did his children.
on July 10, 2014
This was a Christmas present for my 8 year old nephew. He absolutely loved it. He said it was the best present he has ever received.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.