Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 47 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 51 reviews
on March 8, 2013
My son is obsessed with the train crossing signals and gates. So after many nights of searching, I decided to buy these despite the lack of product details. I received them today and I must say, I am a little disappointed as they are a lot smaller than I had imagined. The quality is fine and yes the gates are functional. But here are the REAL/ACTUAL dimensions of the products: The gate--total height is 2.3cm (less than one inch) and the length of the gate (from end to end) is 7.4 cm (almost 3 inches). The crossing signal is 4.5 cm (1.75 inches) tall and 1.5 cm (1/2 inch wide). Pretty tiny. Now, with that said, I do understand that these gates/crossing signals are made for a specific type of train set, and I must admit I was trying to use these with the standard Brio-type (or Thomas the train) train set with the thick wooden tracks. Therefore when the gate is lowered, it's about the same height as the thickness of the tracks. Since my son is only 2 and he was totally thrilled to have these additions to his train set, I don't plan to return these. For the price that I paid, it's not worth wasting my time. My son is ok with them, so I am too. I just thought it would be helpful to let others in on the actual size of this product.
on February 3, 2017
This set was great. Much better than I expected. There are 3 sets in the package and I only needed 2. I'm now experimenting with mounting red LEDs in the extra set. Scale seems perfect for HO and I cut all the plastic bases off before mounting on the layout for a little more prototypical look.
on January 9, 2016
I thought that these would have a little more oomph to them. My 7 year old son has Autism and is obsessed with trains and train signs. He plays with these, but I don't know that they will hold up for very long. He is very careful with all of his trains and accessories as they are very precious to him. The only thing I don't like is how light weight and small they are.
on March 11, 2017
These look great in my O scale layout. They are marked HO, yet I like to use them for the pedestrian crossings in my O scale layout. The packaging was proper to protect and arrived on time.
on September 2, 2016
These crossings work great on my HO setup. They operate manually, but is no problem. They are the right scale for HO, and look great - especially with a car or truck behind them. I have 3 grade crossings where I use the signs and the arms, and a gravel road where I only used the RR Crossing signs (not the arms), and they all look realistic. I am very satisfied with them.
on September 30, 2016
Very cheaply made, didn't last, and much smaller than what I thought. Definitely wouldn't buy this again or recommend this product to anyone else
on April 19, 2013
For a model railroader who wants a nice crossing signal without spending a lot of money, this product is a good selection. Its size is appropriate for an HO gauge layout and with modification can be used in the larger gauges.
I wanted an operating crossing signal for my O gauge train layout but found that most were simply too bulky for the available space. By chance, I saw a picture of the Bachmann HO crossing signal and wondered if it might be adapted to fit my needs. While bit small, raising the height of the crossing lights by about an inch allowed the signals appear to be at a good height. I also discovered that a 3mm LED fits in the opening occupied by the red lens (the lens is removed by pushing it out from the front). Thus if one wants an operating flasher, the LED can be easily wired into a circuit flasher (such as a Velleman MK102). All-in-all, this is a good product.
on February 18, 2016
I am modifying these to actually function. Mini LEDs fit right into the signals and a small motor is used to lift and lower the gates. Works very well and a nice low price.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 4, 2013
Cute and simple use for all HO scale trains. But nephew was excited to use immediately because there is no required assembly
on June 17, 2017
Nice detail but flimsy

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.