TG18_gno Lyft Vehicles Review Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now

on December 28, 2016
My kids were more excited for this set than the XBox they asked for! They have been playing with the set non stop since Christmas (3 days now). EZ track makes set up and take apart easy. Only recommendation is to get an expansion pack for track. My kids weren't super thrilled with the train just circling. They are designing a fancy layout for it!
on November 17, 2012
I purchased this set with a bit of hesitation after reading mixed reviews. We have had it for about 2 weeks now and the set runs great. So far, we have had no trouble with it at all and my 9 year old son can easily sit with it for an hour at a time. Will be getting some extended track for it. Great value and quality for the money.

UPDATE: We have had this set now for a month. My son has used the train every day with quite a bit of enjoyment. There have been no problems with it and it works fine. I still feel that for the money, there is a lot of value here and we are happy with the purchase.
on December 26, 2013
EZ track is an excellent system. Well-made, fits tight, looks good, makes solid connections and kids can participate much more in track assembly. Also great for temporary assembly and can be put away easily. Wish we had this when I was a kid.

The engine and cars are of good quality with nice detailing. The engine runs smooth and quiet, but gets stuck on every switch and rerailer at low speed because of a hump over one of the axles underneath... even the rerailer/power feed section that comes with the the set, which is totally unacceptable! This can be fixed by filing down the hump, which is a harmless alteration but come on -- it should come ready to use out of the box.

On the simple loop with no accessories or turnouts, the power pack shorted out after 10 mins and would not fully reset after any period of waiting. Christmas had to be saved... I got out to a store and found a replacement, for which I paid more than I paid for the whole set in the first place. Bachmann has said that they will replace the defective pack, I am sending it out today. Hopefully no nonsense.

The verdict is this... if you are a budding hobbyist and going to take the train and the parts from the box and mix/match with other trains you already have, this is a nice little set and a good value. If this is a first train set and you are relying solely on what's in the box to make holiday/birthday dreams come true, do NOT get this set... between the delicate parts, unreliable power pack (see other reviews) and engine that needs modification to avoid getting stuck at low speed, there's just too much that can go wrong.
on May 25, 2017
This is a fine electric train set. I've had dozens over the years and it performs very, very well. The locomotive operates great with the track and controller, it's capable of very delicate speeds, something lesser sets cannot perform. For the price, I can easily recommend it! A great gift for kids as an introduction to model railroading.
on February 19, 2016
A little quality problem with the track, -- one of the tracks doesn't have the metal sleeve on the connector. A very basic starter's kit
on January 14, 2014
My six year old was ecstatic to receive a model steam engine for Christmas. He uses it every day. We have the track set up on a semi-permanant platform. I like the easy track system. He can maneuver it himself and it doesn't seem so fragile as just plain track. The train runs well and we got a pretty good deal on the set. We're very satisfied.
Fantastic trains.

Worth every penny.

We used the circle of track for under our Christmas tree.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 12, 2013
This is my second "Bachmann" train set .. I purchased 2 sets to use on and under my round glass and wrought iron coffee table.. I am building a small, 4X4' layiout ( in proghress) for under the table and this layout (36" diameter tack set ) for the top of the table.

I am very pleased with the quality and perfomance of this set ..
I would recoomed it to anyone who is looking for an inexpensive starter set.... to just enjoy watching an HO train....in operation
on January 3, 2015
Having grown up with HO scale trains I love it and its a great starter kit for my 6 yr old son. We've had it going round the Christmas tree for weeks. No issues. Engine is good quality as are the cars. Car couplers work well and transformer is sensitive for speed control.
on March 13, 2014
Bought for my grandsons' birthday. He is enjoying the set.
Looked at O gauge as very expensive for his parents, etc. to add more products. I have added switches and track for a lot less cost.

Like the E-Z Track
Do not like the couplers, one was broken and another malfunctions. Am looking at replacing with something else.