Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win STEM $24.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Echo  Black Friday Deals Week: Fire tablets starting at $29.99. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite Just Dance 2018 Shop Now HTL17_gno

on December 6, 2015
after running it continuos at medium to slow speed for about an hour it develops a squeak thats a little annoying. I will try lubing it up. Its a good looking train, no whistle or smoke which is disappointing but i knew that going into it. very entry level train. good for a beginner. track systems easy to work with but a little chin for the hobbyist.
on December 14, 2013
I purchased this for under the Christmas Tree. The engine does not have the power to pull the cars. It always seems to be struggling. After about 1/2 hour of running you have to stop and let it cool down. The couplers are not standard so if you have other HO cars they will not hook up with these until you change the couplers. About the only thing that is nice is the track. It goes together very easy and looks pretty good. I would not recommend this product to anyone.
on December 12, 2013
This is my second "Bachmann" train set .. I purchased 2 sets to use on and under my round glass and wrought iron coffee table.. I am building a small, 4X4' layiout ( in proghress) for under the table and this layout (36" diameter tack set ) for the top of the table.

I am very pleased with the quality and perfomance of this set ..
I would recoomed it to anyone who is looking for an inexpensive starter set.... to just enjoy watching an HO train....in operation
on December 16, 2013
Looks great, runs fine, but just won't stay on the track, no matter how long the adults fussed with it. Tweaked the track, the combination of cars etc - finally giving up after putting a couple hours into it.
on February 2, 2015
This is am excellent starter set and one of the few with a steam engine I was very pleased with it. However I was disappointed with the "snap track." It has a toy-like appearance and I ended up replacing it.
on January 9, 2016
We had to return this right away because the trains did not stay on the track! My poor son was devastated when he realized there was something wrong with his first hobby train. It is possible that we received a defective set, but I did not order a replacement to find out. I am still searching for a train set with trains that will stay on the track.
on February 19, 2016
A little quality problem with the track, -- one of the tracks doesn't have the metal sleeve on the connector. A very basic starter's kit
on October 2, 2017
Got this for my 3yr old. It was supposed to just be for Christmas time, but we've had it out all year. He's VERY rough on it and it's held up well. No issues at all!
on February 11, 2016
This train was terrible - It stopped working after 1 day. Not well made at all. It's a good concept and worked great, but after one day, it was done! Save your money!
on January 14, 2014
My six year old was ecstatic to receive a model steam engine for Christmas. He uses it every day. We have the track set up on a semi-permanant platform. I like the easy track system. He can maneuver it himself and it doesn't seem so fragile as just plain track. The train runs well and we got a pretty good deal on the set. We're very satisfied.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.