Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New album by Luke Bryan Electronics Gift Guide $54.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

on December 6, 2015
after running it continuos at medium to slow speed for about an hour it develops a squeak thats a little annoying. I will try lubing it up. Its a good looking train, no whistle or smoke which is disappointing but i knew that going into it. very entry level train. good for a beginner. track systems easy to work with but a little chin for the hobbyist.
on December 14, 2013
I purchased this for under the Christmas Tree. The engine does not have the power to pull the cars. It always seems to be struggling. After about 1/2 hour of running you have to stop and let it cool down. The couplers are not standard so if you have other HO cars they will not hook up with these until you change the couplers. About the only thing that is nice is the track. It goes together very easy and looks pretty good. I would not recommend this product to anyone.
on December 12, 2013
This is my second "Bachmann" train set .. I purchased 2 sets to use on and under my round glass and wrought iron coffee table.. I am building a small, 4X4' layiout ( in proghress) for under the table and this layout (36" diameter tack set ) for the top of the table.

I am very pleased with the quality and perfomance of this set ..
I would recoomed it to anyone who is looking for an inexpensive starter set.... to just enjoy watching an HO train....in operation
on December 16, 2013
Looks great, runs fine, but just won't stay on the track, no matter how long the adults fussed with it. Tweaked the track, the combination of cars etc - finally giving up after putting a couple hours into it.
on February 19, 2016
A little quality problem with the track, -- one of the tracks doesn't have the metal sleeve on the connector. A very basic starter's kit
on October 2, 2017
Got this for my 3yr old. It was supposed to just be for Christmas time, but we've had it out all year. He's VERY rough on it and it's held up well. No issues at all!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 11, 2016
This train was terrible - It stopped working after 1 day. Not well made at all. It's a good concept and worked great, but after one day, it was done! Save your money!
on January 14, 2014
My six year old was ecstatic to receive a model steam engine for Christmas. He uses it every day. We have the track set up on a semi-permanant platform. I like the easy track system. He can maneuver it himself and it doesn't seem so fragile as just plain track. The train runs well and we got a pretty good deal on the set. We're very satisfied.
on January 3, 2015
Having grown up with HO scale trains I love it and its a great starter kit for my 6 yr old son. We've had it going round the Christmas tree for weeks. No issues. Engine is good quality as are the cars. Car couplers work well and transformer is sensitive for speed control.
on December 27, 2015
I was very disappointed in this set. I bought it for Christmas for my 2 1/2 year son and the train came off the tracks so so easily! It was also incredibly frustrating for my husband and I to get the cars back on the track. The wheels came off several times and on only the second day of owning it the train would not work. We will most definitely be returning this ASAP!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.