Industrial Deals Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Listen for a chance to win Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon soul2soul soul2soul soul2soul  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on December 6, 2015
after running it continuos at medium to slow speed for about an hour it develops a squeak thats a little annoying. I will try lubing it up. Its a good looking train, no whistle or smoke which is disappointing but i knew that going into it. very entry level train. good for a beginner. track systems easy to work with but a little chin for the hobbyist.
on January 25, 2017
What a fantastic little train set! You do need to pay attention when assembling the train track. If the sections of track are not aligned and seated perfectly you will have derailment issues. However; if you connect the track properly, it runs beautifully!
on December 14, 2013
I purchased this for under the Christmas Tree. The engine does not have the power to pull the cars. It always seems to be struggling. After about 1/2 hour of running you have to stop and let it cool down. The couplers are not standard so if you have other HO cars they will not hook up with these until you change the couplers. About the only thing that is nice is the track. It goes together very easy and looks pretty good. I would not recommend this product to anyone.
4 helpful votes
on December 12, 2013
This is my second "Bachmann" train set .. I purchased 2 sets to use on and under my round glass and wrought iron coffee table.. I am building a small, 4X4' layiout ( in proghress) for under the table and this layout (36" diameter tack set ) for the top of the table.

I am very pleased with the quality and perfomance of this set ..
I would recoomed it to anyone who is looking for an inexpensive starter set.... to just enjoy watching an HO train....in operation
on December 16, 2013
Looks great, runs fine, but just won't stay on the track, no matter how long the adults fussed with it. Tweaked the track, the combination of cars etc - finally giving up after putting a couple hours into it.
6 helpful votes
7 helpful votes
11 comment|Report abuse
on February 2, 2015
This is am excellent starter set and one of the few with a steam engine I was very pleased with it. However I was disappointed with the "snap track." It has a toy-like appearance and I ended up replacing it.
on November 8, 2014
I am a 9 year old boy and I got this train for my birthday. It is much better than Lionel. The cars can couple automatically with EZ-Mate Knuckle Couplers. However,the coupler in front needs to be open and the one in back closed for this to work. I like the speed controller and the cars that came with the set.The loco is a Bachmann 0-6-0 steam switcher. It has an operating headlight and goes very fast for an 0-6-0 switcher. Also, the price was right. On Amazon this train costed $75.89 but on the Bachmann website, it costs $139.99.
I am giving it four stars because the track feels flimsy like it could break. Also, due to dirty track or locomotive wheels, the engine will stall at certain places along the track, but I don't mind. I still LOVE THIS TRAIN. Update-The engine is very strong and pulls a wooden trolley car around the track.The car that the trolley rides in is too light,so the train derails when pulling it at high speeds.Update- Engine very sturdy- has derailed and crashed many times.Only the brass bell and the handrail on the tender have broken. The tender handrail broke off and got lost,but the bell just needs some super glue. WARNING-This train is VERY FRAGILE.Also,the set does not come with much track. The only track included in the box is one curved terminal re-railer and 10 pieces of normal curved E-Z Track. UPDATE- The engine is very strong. It has pulled 2 wagons up short elevations. The first time it ran up these elevations,it would stop at the base and make a grinding gear sound with no motion or even spinning wheels. THIS TRAIN IS AWESOME!
22 helpful votes
23 helpful votes
on January 9, 2016
We had to return this right away because the trains did not stay on the track! My poor son was devastated when he realized there was something wrong with his first hobby train. It is possible that we received a defective set, but I did not order a replacement to find out. I am still searching for a train set with trains that will stay on the track.
11 comment|Report abuse
on February 19, 2016
A little quality problem with the track, -- one of the tracks doesn't have the metal sleeve on the connector. A very basic starter's kit
on October 2, 2017
Got this for my 3yr old. It was supposed to just be for Christmas time, but we've had it out all year. He's VERY rough on it and it's held up well. No issues at all!
0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.