Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Limited time offer Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts Shop Popular Services siliconvalley siliconvalley siliconvalley  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 114 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 127 reviews
on March 4, 2010
This is an excellent train set for any beginer. I brought it for my grandson and he loves it. The snap ? track was easy to install. I had it up and running for him in less than ten minutes. For the price it is a great value. I was told it would take about ten days to get and it arrived in less than a week
on November 17, 2012
I purchased this set with a bit of hesitation after reading mixed reviews. We have had it for about 2 weeks now and the set runs great. So far, we have had no trouble with it at all and my 9 year old son can easily sit with it for an hour at a time. Will be getting some extended track for it. Great value and quality for the money.

UPDATE: We have had this set now for a month. My son has used the train every day with quite a bit of enjoyment. There have been no problems with it and it works fine. I still feel that for the money, there is a lot of value here and we are happy with the purchase.
on February 16, 2014
This was a present for grandson, he had no problems with the set and enjoys playing with it.It was easy to set up.
on April 17, 2017
Son-in-law very happy with this train set.
on July 15, 2015
This was a low quality train. The plastic is cheap, and the linkages between the trains are weak. It regularly falls off the tracks. It is just not a robust toy.
on December 30, 2010
I was surprised when my little girl asked Santa for a train this year. This particular set caught her eye and I ordered it for Christmas. She couldn't be happier. The track is easy to assemble and the train is of great quality. We will be adding to the set. She just loves it.
on November 8, 2014
I am a 9 year old boy and I got this train for my birthday. It is much better than Lionel. The cars can couple automatically with EZ-Mate Knuckle Couplers. However,the coupler in front needs to be open and the one in back closed for this to work. I like the speed controller and the cars that came with the set.The loco is a Bachmann 0-6-0 steam switcher. It has an operating headlight and goes very fast for an 0-6-0 switcher. Also, the price was right. On Amazon this train costed $75.89 but on the Bachmann website, it costs $139.99.
I am giving it four stars because the track feels flimsy like it could break. Also, due to dirty track or locomotive wheels, the engine will stall at certain places along the track, but I don't mind. I still LOVE THIS TRAIN. Update-The engine is very strong and pulls a wooden trolley car around the track.The car that the trolley rides in is too light,so the train derails when pulling it at high speeds.Update- Engine very sturdy- has derailed and crashed many times.Only the brass bell and the handrail on the tender have broken. The tender handrail broke off and got lost,but the bell just needs some super glue. WARNING-This train is VERY FRAGILE.Also,the set does not come with much track. The only track included in the box is one curved terminal re-railer and 10 pieces of normal curved E-Z Track. UPDATE- The engine is very strong. It has pulled 2 wagons up short elevations. The first time it ran up these elevations,it would stop at the base and make a grinding gear sound with no motion or even spinning wheels. THIS TRAIN IS AWESOME!
on July 21, 2012
I bought this for my son's 6th birthday. He loves trains and is past the wooden railway phase, and wanted more than just a train that you turn on and it goes round and round. I found this and read many reviews on it. It has worked out perfectly. He loves the remote that comes with it, the working headlight is fun. It is sturdy and has held up to his play. We love it.
on July 11, 2012
nice set, track connects easily, but the engine is cheap. this was a Christmas gift and the engine failed within days.

i contacted the seller who instructed my to contact the manufacture since it's under warranty. they would not take a return or replace the unit.
on January 15, 2013
Bought this to have running round the tree. It didn't run at first, but we determined that the control module was faulty. Contacted Bachmann via email and they sent a new control module free of charge. Great response time and service from them. The train now runs like a champ. The locomotive is solid although the cars do seem a bit on the cheap side. Great for under the tree, or a first train set.