Lyft Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18_gno

on June 25, 2015
Got this for some track to display my 1958 Revell which I got running again. Problem this diesel set is pretty dam good ! All looks like it will last , made well. Got expansion set so I can run both trains. Watch out you will get hooked. Started 3x5 now at 4x6 and want more. Working on an 8x10. For the money this steel track is good , diesel engine is strong , and couplers are well made but plastic. Just take a little care and they should last. Like the plastic couplers on my 1958 Revell , little care and they still work fine. I could not wait I got another Bachman set , Thoroughbred set , it's very good also. You may if you want to keep up with the Joan's and get n/s track , computer engines , and all the bells and well ... but with some homework you can run more than one train on one track. Me being on a fixed income the black steel track is good. The idea of this hobby is for you to like what you have and enjoy ! Not to keep up with others. Do not be fooled by others that say you have to spend $800 or more on a set... this set will last and made very well ! I'm getting back into the hobby at 60 and the memories...Be happy ! If for a child just teach them to have a little patience and care and maybe about 10 years of age...then the fun is on ! Who knows even you like me may get hooked too !

UPDATE: I have found that this little engine can pull ( 9 cars ) with no problem.
on December 30, 2016
This is an excellent little beginner HO train set. The track all fit together perfectly and the locomotive and cars are pretty easy to get set up. This set worked great directly out of the box with no adjustments needed. The track is designed to work on a wide variety of surfaces and is a lot more rugged and resilient than the old HO track we had when I was a kid. Our 8 year old disassembled the train set and put it back together in his room completely on his own and it worked fine. The circular track was definitely big enough to go under the Christmas tree and it looked great under there. The set has gotten the 8 year old interested in building out a more complex layout and getting more involved in model trains. Highly recommended!
on September 9, 2017
old school fun with my grandson​.
on December 28, 2016
I ignored the bad reviews of this product and I got burned. I had it working within 10 minutes then when I went to run it next day could not get it to work at all. I spent 90 mins on it and said that is it I give up going back not wasting my time. The trains are hard to place on track and the couplers are worthless. I would not get this for children break in 10 min. Stay away
on January 21, 2017
i got it for my son, and when i set it up, i noticed the small cable connect remote control to train is loss. so train was runing little bet and i should move it with my finger. i send it back to seller and i paid 35.00 for shipping. and seller refused for pay for shipping.
on January 18, 2018
Great train just hard to get to stay on track.
on December 26, 2017
What a waste of money. Train barely moves before being derailed. Waste of time and money. Just wish i had kept the original packaging to return this P.O.S!
on January 22, 2018
Love it
on January 8, 2018
The couplings on this set is crap, they do NOT stay coupled. The money we paid for this set, we are very disappointed. The train runs around the track just fine but, it comes apart from the cars.
on December 4, 2013
It's not bad for a starter train set. I also think it would be best to have a metal wheel just like the locomotive for better traction. accessory cars derails easily from the track knowing that I have connected most track correctly, and correct size. But, then again it's Chinese made so you get what you paid for this item. Good accessory for Christmas tree.