Lyft Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheTick TheTick TheTick  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18SW_gno

on June 25, 2015
Got this for some track to display my 1958 Revell which I got running again. Problem this diesel set is pretty dam good ! All looks like it will last , made well. Got expansion set so I can run both trains. Watch out you will get hooked. Started 3x5 now at 4x6 and want more. Working on an 8x10. For the money this steel track is good , diesel engine is strong , and couplers are well made but plastic. Just take a little care and they should last. Like the plastic couplers on my 1958 Revell , little care and they still work fine. I could not wait I got another Bachman set , Thoroughbred set , it's very good also. You may if you want to keep up with the Joan's and get n/s track , computer engines , and all the bells and well ... but with some homework you can run more than one train on one track. Me being on a fixed income the black steel track is good. The idea of this hobby is for you to like what you have and enjoy ! Not to keep up with others. Do not be fooled by others that say you have to spend $800 or more on a set... this set will last and made very well ! I'm getting back into the hobby at 60 and the memories...Be happy ! If for a child just teach them to have a little patience and care and maybe about 10 years of age...then the fun is on ! Who knows even you like me may get hooked too !

UPDATE: I have found that this little engine can pull ( 9 cars ) with no problem.
on January 9, 2017
The tracks were easy to put together and the train works great. We purchased this for our 3 1/2 year old son after returning a battery powered train set that kept falling off the tracks. Our son is able to use the controller and loves the look of the engine and other cars. We do need to set up the tracks and put the train on the tracks for him but that is quick and easy for us to do. We like how easy the tracks are to put together and the fact that the train stays on the track. The controller dial is easy to use. The amount of track that came with the set is fine but we did purchase additional track and are happy we did that because it allows us to be more creative when setting things up for him. We are so happy with this product that we are posting our first feedback.
on December 30, 2016
This is an excellent little beginner HO train set. The track all fit together perfectly and the locomotive and cars are pretty easy to get set up. This set worked great directly out of the box with no adjustments needed. The track is designed to work on a wide variety of surfaces and is a lot more rugged and resilient than the old HO track we had when I was a kid. Our 8 year old disassembled the train set and put it back together in his room completely on his own and it worked fine. The circular track was definitely big enough to go under the Christmas tree and it looked great under there. The set has gotten the 8 year old interested in building out a more complex layout and getting more involved in model trains. Highly recommended!
on January 25, 2017
The train tracks are easy to assemble yet when train components were placed on them they were not heavy enough to stay on tracks. For the cost the components could have been higher quality. The on coal car had metal plates that had to be re-glued to and one of the tracks would not sit evenly on the table which made the cars following the locomotive stay attached. All in all $69 dollars not well spent and product needing redesigning.
Ron
on December 25, 2016
Setting the train on the track is really a problem. Son is 4 years old, smart, but with this we have to help and it's a problem also for us.
Connecting of wagons does not work, one wagon was broken to two parts after 4 hours of using, the wheels are falling from the second wagon.
Honestly, this was a bad choice, I expected better quality.
on September 9, 2017
old school fun with my grandson​.
on December 28, 2016
I ignored the bad reviews of this product and I got burned. I had it working within 10 minutes then when I went to run it next day could not get it to work at all. I spent 90 mins on it and said that is it I give up going back not wasting my time. The trains are hard to place on track and the couplers are worthless. I would not get this for children break in 10 min. Stay away
on January 21, 2017
i got it for my son, and when i set it up, i noticed the small cable connect remote control to train is loss. so train was runing little bet and i should move it with my finger. i send it back to seller and i paid 35.00 for shipping. and seller refused for pay for shipping.
on January 8, 2016
I bought this set as a Christmas present for my 8 year old grandson and he loves it. The only reason I didn't give a full 5 stars is because no straight track is included in the set so make sure and order some to go with it.
on December 4, 2013
It's not bad for a starter train set. I also think it would be best to have a metal wheel just like the locomotive for better traction. accessory cars derails easily from the track knowing that I have connected most track correctly, and correct size. But, then again it's Chinese made so you get what you paid for this item. Good accessory for Christmas tree.