Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Bachmann Trains Snap-Fit E-Z Track Nickel Silver World's Greatest Hobby First Railroad Track Pack
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

on February 12, 2013
I must agree with a previous review that stated they had recieved defective turn-outs. I have a turn-out from this set that will derail cars everytime as well, and I cannot figure out why. i've inspected it and looked for a bent rail or something that does not match the other turn-outs and cannot see anything odd, but it never fails that this one will derail every time. I just have to make sure it is used in my setups as a converging turn-out rather than a switch track to change lines. so as crazy as it sounds, the turn-outs can be touchy even though they appear to have nothing wrong with them.

but if you can get a good price on amazon for this set, it is a great expansion to get if you have a starter set with EZ track, and want to make a more complex track. I don't think the product description mentioned the magnet for uncoupling which was included either, which was a nice surprise when I opened the box, and works pretty well once you get the hang of it. the DVD is not half bad to watch either... I also recommend picking up the Bachmann Trains E-Z Track Connector Assortment, which has a variaty of lengths which can fill little gaps that will invariably come up when you start getting more complex with your layouts. saves some frustration when you end up just an inch or so short for that last connection when you've made an odd shaped layout, which is half the fun of getting an expansion.

so short of the turn-out that gives me problems, a great kit to begin your expansion.. if you can find it for around $100, you're saving quite a bit of money over buying each section individually at retail.
on April 28, 2013
Lots of track,4 turn outs make this a good value.
Im using the Dynamis DCC wireless controller by bachmann and had no problem getting the turnouts to work.
Don't have to run wires so maybe that's why I didnt have the problems others here seem to be having.
Some fitting issues on some track pieces, but with a liitle patiance I was able to get them to fit.
on February 28, 2011
I bought and am very happy with the Overland Limited train set from Bachman. It contained the steel alloy EZ track system (black roadbed) and was easy to assemble and the basic simple oval,(no turnouts) worked fine. Then I decided to go with the Nickle Silver, (grey roadbed). So I Bought the NS EZ Track "Your First Track Pack". All went well as far as putting the track together. But there were no directions on how to wire the turnouts, (track switches). There are parts in the box with absolutely no mention of what they are or what they do. This on a product the manufacturer obviously knows is targeted for beginners.
I called the Bachman Customer Service number and after listening to two menus and being turned over to a voicemail machine, I left my message. There has not been a return call from Bachman, (a week now).
Additionally, now I find out that the EZ track system turnouts from Bachman have always had problems. You have to file and bend and tinker and hope for the best. If you know nothing about model railroading like me, You might want to try another brand.
My major complaint is that there was zero direction for wireing the turnouts.
on February 16, 2013
I like this track over the old track when i was a kid, easy to put together and stays together.
i like the gray rail bed and black ties better than the black rail bed and ties that i purchase first and return
on October 14, 2011
i have got this set to extend my set. i have waited a long time for the shipment, so i was very excited about it. much to my surprise, two of the turnouts were defect; the trains were constantly derailing. i had to buy new turnout from the local hobby shop. i advise buying the parts separately: somehow the parts from this kit are low quality.
on January 11, 2011
Purchased the Bachmann Snap-Fit E-Z Track World's Greatest Hobby First Railroad Track Pack. It arrived perfectly through Amazon and though the set does not contain any printed assembly instructions to build a track - it does contain a DVD that explains everything about model train set building - from plywood frames to detail landscape design, if you were to need such information. Providing a schematic track plan on how to build the layout on the box cover would have been nice.

Anyways, the worst of it is, after assembling all of train track, some of the electrical track switches would not operate. After placing a call to Bachmann support - they are a little rough but it was before Christmas - I agreed to test the switches with more exact control. Through the testing process, I confirmed that the connection wires which are plugged in between the electronic switch and the track switch as provided by Bachmann are defective. Electrical current will not flow through them. I have left two messages with technical support since the start of the 2011 and will keep trying until they replace their faulty product.

Overall BAD experience.
on January 8, 2012
If you plan on using the Bachmann EZ track system, this pack is a great value. It is well packaged and can even be used for storage for extra track. In addition, it comes with the terminal and switch extension cables which are a must for a larger layout. I have not had the problems with the switches that some others have commented on but I know others that have. This is just something you have to recognize as a limitation of the EZ track.
on April 28, 2014
It was what I expected. But I'm disappointed Bachmann doesn't offer more curve choices, like 9 3/4" radius and longer straights.. Also there aren't many layouts avalible for what curves they offer.
on December 25, 2013
As others said, the turnouts don't work. There are no instructions, had to find a Youtube video to understand how to wire the turnouts. Even then they did not work. The EZ track is a joke in my opinion, the plastic fittings are cheaply made and not consistent quality, so I broke two fittings trying to take the pieces apart. Some work well, others too tight and hard to take apart. What happened to quality model sets? When I was a kid, everything worked perfectly and lasted a long time. Now I wouldn't dream getting this set for a kid. Also as a side note, although this did not come with this track set, the Bachmann steam locomotive I purchased keeps derailing even after I made sure that the track is perfectly put together. Overall, a total disaster, typical made in China garbage. Stay away.
on August 19, 2013
put it together carefully and did not work. I would go with something else and wish I never made this investment.