Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on December 9, 2012
I am a retired man recently widowed. While going thru my wife's belongings I came across my HO steam engine and my Bachman Spectrum passenger cars. I got excited and decided to put it under the Christmas tree this year. I tested it to see if it still runs and found that the only track I had was 2 9" straight tracks which was enough to move the engine back and forth. So now I needed track.. I never thought Amazon would sell track and sure enough they do. I liked what I saw in the picture and the reviews were good. I liked the idea about then snapping together and can be used on carpet without the track moving. I took a chance and ordered several packs of the 22" radius curved, some 9" straight and the terminal rerailer. First good part is it was on PRIME and I did receive my order in 2 days. I put them together and was amazed how easily the snapped together and just as easy to take them apart.
I wanted to run my train around the Christmas tree on the carpet. (Every Christmas tree should have a train either under it or beside it.) I ran the train at full speed and so happy to see the track did not move on the carpet, it lays flat on the carpet and the train runs evenly on the track (no wavy up and down ride where the tracks connect together. It is a tight solid fit. The result is the tracks lay on the carpet like they were nailed down onto a platform. Then I was really excited and got the Christmas tree and set it up inside the circle. Then I went and bought more straight track so more or less eliminate a circle. Well, to make a long story short, My tree is up, the train running, and all the holiday decorations are on display - even though Thanksgiving Day 2012 was still 4 days in the future.
If you older and old kids (my age) are going to get your train out and running again and you find that your track is no longer usable, the Bachmann Snap-Fit track is the only way to go. One final plus that I must mention: Amazon, thank you very much for paying for my track with the points on my Amazon credit card and having it here in two days with Prime. You just have to love when Amazon buys nice things for you. To all of you that are reading my review - Have a very Merry and Safe Christmas and remember WHOSE birthday is celebrated on December 25. (( It's ok to sing Happy Birthday, too. You sing it to your kids so why not to the Lord?))
31 people found this helpful
on February 19, 2017
Good stuff. Works as advertised. But BEWARE: This is an HO scale product that is not noted (or at least it wasn't before) in the ad title. I have no problems with EZ track overall (I use N Scale all the time). All I want people to know is they should double check the scale being advertised.

As far as EZ Track goes in general - the stuff is great. Terrific for seasonal layouts, beginners and those who are testing various layout types.. I keep a healthy supply on hand for testing designs in a general sense and it is terrific.
2 people found this helpful
on May 29, 2018
For the most part, these are very suitable tracks for the purpose we are using them (Kids train set that they put together on occassion, not a permanent display setup).

I was hoping with the more solid nature of the track I would have an easier time allowing the kids to play with the train set on the carpet, we still have severe problems with derailments, and even the engine itself getting stuck.

Setup is quick and easy, but you still need to make sure you take great care in ensuring that the rails line up properly and are linked as well.

These tracks do not look very "realistic" for the avid train enthusiast. But for a kids starter train set, these are perfect and will help younger imaginations with smaller hands be more "hands on" with setup. (My four year old can put them together)
on January 30, 2017
Purchased this track as an add on to my son's train set. One piece is off set thus the train derailes as it passes over it. With one piece unusable the entire pack can't be used (uneven number of pieces).
3 people found this helpful
on January 26, 2018
I used these as add-ons to a Santa Fe set, and trhey worked perfectly, to the major delight of my train-lovin' grandson.
on October 10, 2017
The track worked as advertised. It arrived in good shape and on time. the track snapped together with other track I have. Will continue to purchase these items.
on February 23, 2018
Great addition to my train layout. Tracks worked perfectly. Would recomend and buy again.
on December 15, 2017
Nice replacement when you have broken track. Like the way the track goes together. Price seems a bit high.
on January 9, 2018
Just what I wanted and expected. Arrived right on time.
on February 9, 2017
The EZ fit tracks are great and easy to fit together. If you run your finger lightly over the joints, you can feel by touch whether of not the track is fastened correctly. If doesn't feel smooth, it easy to pull apart and reassemble.
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.