Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win Electronics Gift Guide $24.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Black Friday Deals Week: Fire tablets starting at $29.99. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite Just Dance 2018 Shop Now HTL17_gno

on September 12, 2015
Sections fit together easily except for some of the switches. Joining them to track sections often required some finesse. Steel rails require frequent (every week) cleaning to maintain good contact. Bought this to enhance Thomas the Train oval layout. When a switch is set to diverge, this short engine often derails if it is moving too slowly. Other locomotives are fine.
on February 9, 2017
Using all Bachmann E-Z Fit Train track in my new layout. I like the Bachmann design and quality.
on August 17, 2017
didn't arrive as N scale
on August 5, 2015
Everything I have ordered in Bachmann has been perfect. Everything I've ordered from Amazon has been perfect. I have another order that I will add on the 19th of August. I know that will be perfect too.
on May 22, 2015
Item was delivered to the wrong address. However, neighbor was honest to stop by and dropped off. As for the product, I think it is a good deal to buy in bulk then piece by piece. Worth it and saves a lot of money...
on December 24, 2012
I bought this set to get some better layout options for an around-the-tree starter set for my son. I was very impressed at first at the excellent selection and number of pieces in this track pack. There are no written instructions at all. There is a DVD, but I really prefer to have some diagrams for reference while setting up wiring and layouts for seamless track fitting. I would actually prefer to have a website with a pdf or something, but nope. If you want any guidance at all, you have to watch the movie.
Setting up the switches for the turnouts took some trial and error, and I would complain about the stark absence of written instructions more if it weren't for much more critical issues with the turnouts themselves. Three of the four turnouts failed uniformly when the train would enter in the divergent direction (into the point). The train would derail EVERY time regardless of the position on the point or speed. Against all reason and intuition, the same points would almost never fail causing derailment when the train would enter either of the convergent entry points, regardless of point direction or speed. I would have suspected my train, but one of the turnouts did actually work.
I tried to call Bachmann support about this, but could not reach a person. The helpline ends up giving you two options: to get an address and instructions on sending the product in for repair and leaving a message for the service manager "Barbara". I left several messages, no response. Finally I sent it back to Amazon.
As an inexpensive alternative to scrapping the whole thing in favor of a more expensive Lionel, I bought a different expansion pack with manual turnouts. These worked perfectly! It's a pain running around to all the turnouts each time you want to alter the route, but the train is able to make it around the track each time.
I am perfectly open to the idea that I had done something in err, or perhaps some modification to my locomotive could have helped, but we will never know because Bachmann doesn't have customer support.
on March 8, 2013
For me, there was not enough straight tracks in the box. However, the box is packed with the right amount of tracks to build the model configured in the enclosed DVD. The instructions are poor. In fact, they are the same instructions that come with the starter set; however, you are now given extra wire, etc. with little to no guidance as to how to use.
on January 13, 2017
Great addition to circle set received from Santa
on February 26, 2017
No complaints
Delivery was as expected
on September 27, 2016
A fun addition to our Christmas traditions