Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon soul2soul soul2soul soul2soul  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

on February 22, 2014
I purchased this after I was unable to get my 30 year old Tyco train to run on the ancient track. This snapped together easily, and it was simple to hook up my old controller. The train ran well on this track. I only used part of the track to make an oval as I had my Christmas tree in the center, but I look forward to making the full track with my 7 year old son someday soon.

Also, disassembly was a piece of cake - no issues, which I was afraid of.
3 helpful votes
4 helpful votes
on August 9, 2017
I would have to say that this pack may be worth it for the amount of curved and straight track you get, but as far as the magnet included to uncouple the cars, and the controllers for the turnouts, fuhgetaboutit. Not one of the4 switches included, worked, and my meter definitely showed that the correct voltage was present at the controllers.
on March 23, 2016
One piece of track has an issue where once the locomotive passes it, it stops. Bachmann was less than helpful in trying to get the issue resolved, stating I had to send them my receipt and then if they had it in stock MAYBE they would replace it. Instead I'll return it to Amazon and buy a different brand of track in the future.
on September 12, 2015
Sections fit together easily except for some of the switches. Joining them to track sections often required some finesse. Steel rails require frequent (every week) cleaning to maintain good contact. Bought this to enhance Thomas the Train oval layout. When a switch is set to diverge, this short engine often derails if it is moving too slowly. Other locomotives are fine.
on June 24, 2017
great buy
on December 18, 2016
Good set, arrived quickly, now around Christmas tree!
on September 15, 2017
given as gift
on October 29, 2017
Perfect addition to the oval track that comes with a train. It allows expansion and fits well with the other track we have.
on June 27, 2015
I found the layout exceptional I found there was a minor stall at the turn outs but it was over come easily but Bachmann should have a look at this problem perhaps by doing test runs with steam locomotives because these are the only locos I had problems with
on November 26, 2010
I purchased this expansion set for my 65 years old dad because he is building a nice HO scale layout. This box give us the flexibility to add a second level rail road over the first one crossing an elevated mountain. His layout is about 3mts long x 1.5mts wide. We used the set to complete the elevated path. The kit is great, high quality as usual from Bachmann, the cd is very useful if you need additional ideas. I strongly recommend this set if you want to expand your hobby. :) Regards, Gustavo Valerin (San Jose, Costa Rica).
17 helpful votes
18 helpful votes
11 comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.