YED Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 New Year, New You Valentines Day STEM Shop Popular Services Gleason Gleason Gleason  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now STEM

Showing 1-10 of 63 reviews(Verified Purchases). Show all reviews
on March 18, 2013
Backman EZ track works well, however one should note there are two (2) different version available from Bachmann

There is a steel rail version with BLACK roadbed, and there is a Silver/Nickel rail version with GRAY roadbed.

Of the two, the preferred version chosen by those in the know is the Silver/Nickel rails.
Why, because it suffers less from oxidation and bad electrical connectivity.

The Steel rails with Black roadbed (This review) is identical except for the type of rails used.

This unit features:
Nine 9" Straights Two Right Turnouts
One 9" Terminal/Rerailer Two Hayes Bumpers
One 9" Rerailer Four Switch Wires (Green)
Twenty 18" Radius Curves Two Termnal Wires (Red)
Two 3" Straights One DVD
Two Left Turnouts

Note:
If you are planning to run passenger trains (longer cars), the 18 inch radius curves may be too tight and it will cause derailments.

Personally, I have run these rails with 1920's - 1950's vintage heavyweight passenger cars and except for one car from Walthers, they worked perfectly.
The Walthers baggage car requires a 22 inch radius.
The modern stainless steel 72 foot (HO scale) passenger cars require the 22 inch radius curves as well.

Overall 4 stars out of 5
on February 6, 2012
Bachmann makes three completer sets. We were a bit confused which one to buy, so I did a spreadsheet comparing components. The Track Pack is the very best deal BY FAR - you get the most track for your money, hands down, and Amazon.com's price beat everything on ebay as well, so I liked avoiding the stress of bidding. We found the best bang for our buck by buying the 14-pc pier set separately, instead of as part of another completer set that had a train station (my kids don't pay that much attention to accessories, they are so into track, track, and more track!). With their original starter train set that they got for Christmas (just a circle track), the 14 pc pier set, and this track pack, they were able to build a 3-leaf clover set up with a bridge to go over and under, and an additional fourth "leg" of track going out to two separate bumpers where they park for the night. The switches included in the set are THE BEST and my two boys have so much fun switching their train from one track to another. I think switches and bridges made all the difference for my boys - the little circle was lame after about an hour! We spent $50 on their original Christmas set that came with the train, and the boys paid for the rest from their savings fun accounts: $80 (Track Pack including shipping) and $18 (14-pc Pier set, also from Amazon.com,including shipping), and I think the boys are going to content (not to mention a bit broke!) for a very long time!
on October 31, 2009
My son and I have been putting together a 4x8 train table with full layout and landscaping. After a number of years getting various train sets and track options for HO scale, we decided to go with the Bachman Snap Fit EZ Track Pack. We'll keep the other track sets as spares (you can get adapters for them) but the Bachman set made the layout consistent and works well with specialized options. We found it's definitely the way to get the set rolling.
on November 26, 2010
I purchased this expansion set for my 65 years old dad because he is building a nice HO scale layout. This box give us the flexibility to add a second level rail road over the first one crossing an elevated mountain. His layout is about 3mts long x 1.5mts wide. We used the set to complete the elevated path. The kit is great, high quality as usual from Bachmann, the cd is very useful if you need additional ideas. I strongly recommend this set if you want to expand your hobby. :) Regards, Gustavo Valerin (San Jose, Costa Rica).
on November 1, 2016
I bought EZ track because it looked like it would provide a dependable roadbed to help keep my HO engines and rolling stock on the track. Mind you I put it on a solid 4x8 plywood platform. Initially, I was pleased. Then after a couple of hours of operation, cars started jumping the track at two of the switches. At first I could find nothing askew. Then I rolled a car slowly over the switch. A slight depressing of the switch moved the thinner part of the switch track mechanism and guided the rear truck straight while the forward truck took the curve. Then there is also the issue of cars getting a slight wobble when going straight across the switch. It is enough that a truck, usually on the third or fourth car, will hop off the track. I have tried the track fastened down and unfastened with the same result of cars dismounting. If you aren't going to use the switches, hey, 5 stars. Using the switches, one. I am not sure if the little copper alloy mounting rivets wore or what, but they should be good for more than 2 hours.
on November 17, 2010
Amazing beginner kit for those who would like to expand their existing HO Scale train set. It has sufficient tracks to create your own layout. Much cheaper than buying those tracks individually.
on June 15, 2012
My second track pack. Good way for a new model builder to expand at a reasonable price. A real value.
on December 24, 2012
I bought this set to get some better layout options for an around-the-tree starter set for my son. I was very impressed at first at the excellent selection and number of pieces in this track pack. There are no written instructions at all. There is a DVD, but I really prefer to have some diagrams for reference while setting up wiring and layouts for seamless track fitting. I would actually prefer to have a website with a pdf or something, but nope. If you want any guidance at all, you have to watch the movie.
Setting up the switches for the turnouts took some trial and error, and I would complain about the stark absence of written instructions more if it weren't for much more critical issues with the turnouts themselves. Three of the four turnouts failed uniformly when the train would enter in the divergent direction (into the point). The train would derail EVERY time regardless of the position on the point or speed. Against all reason and intuition, the same points would almost never fail causing derailment when the train would enter either of the convergent entry points, regardless of point direction or speed. I would have suspected my train, but one of the turnouts did actually work.
I tried to call Bachmann support about this, but could not reach a person. The helpline ends up giving you two options: to get an address and instructions on sending the product in for repair and leaving a message for the service manager "Barbara". I left several messages, no response. Finally I sent it back to Amazon.
As an inexpensive alternative to scrapping the whole thing in favor of a more expensive Lionel, I bought a different expansion pack with manual turnouts. These worked perfectly! It's a pain running around to all the turnouts each time you want to alter the route, but the train is able to make it around the track each time.
I am perfectly open to the idea that I had done something in err, or perhaps some modification to my locomotive could have helped, but we will never know because Bachmann doesn't have customer support.
on June 26, 2013
The tracks were easy to setup and the pack came with everything you need. The DVD is a good addition. I did have trouble when reversing long trains (10 cars) on track bends. The switches for track changes look to be fragile and may brake handled roughly. It is a interesting track and I would recommend it. The product arrived before the estimated date and it met my expectations.
on February 22, 2014
I purchased this after I was unable to get my 30 year old Tyco train to run on the ancient track. This snapped together easily, and it was simple to hook up my old controller. The train ran well on this track. I only used part of the track to make an oval as I had my Christmas tree in the center, but I look forward to making the full track with my 7 year old son someday soon.

Also, disassembly was a piece of cake - no issues, which I was afraid of.