Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 71 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 72 reviews
on November 1, 2016
I bought EZ track because it looked like it would provide a dependable roadbed to help keep my HO engines and rolling stock on the track. Mind you I put it on a solid 4x8 plywood platform. Initially, I was pleased. Then after a couple of hours of operation, cars started jumping the track at two of the switches. At first I could find nothing askew. Then I rolled a car slowly over the switch. A slight depressing of the switch moved the thinner part of the switch track mechanism and guided the rear truck straight while the forward truck took the curve. Then there is also the issue of cars getting a slight wobble when going straight across the switch. It is enough that a truck, usually on the third or fourth car, will hop off the track. I have tried the track fastened down and unfastened with the same result of cars dismounting. If you aren't going to use the switches, hey, 5 stars. Using the switches, one. I am not sure if the little copper alloy mounting rivets wore or what, but they should be good for more than 2 hours.
on February 6, 2012
Bachmann makes three completer sets. We were a bit confused which one to buy, so I did a spreadsheet comparing components. The Track Pack is the very best deal BY FAR - you get the most track for your money, hands down, and Amazon.com's price beat everything on ebay as well, so I liked avoiding the stress of bidding. We found the best bang for our buck by buying the 14-pc pier set separately, instead of as part of another completer set that had a train station (my kids don't pay that much attention to accessories, they are so into track, track, and more track!). With their original starter train set that they got for Christmas (just a circle track), the 14 pc pier set, and this track pack, they were able to build a 3-leaf clover set up with a bridge to go over and under, and an additional fourth "leg" of track going out to two separate bumpers where they park for the night. The switches included in the set are THE BEST and my two boys have so much fun switching their train from one track to another. I think switches and bridges made all the difference for my boys - the little circle was lame after about an hour! We spent $50 on their original Christmas set that came with the train, and the boys paid for the rest from their savings fun accounts: $80 (Track Pack including shipping) and $18 (14-pc Pier set, also from Amazon.com,including shipping), and I think the boys are going to content (not to mention a bit broke!) for a very long time!
on June 13, 2015
This is Bachmann's E-Z snap steel track. It is not as good as the more expensive nickle-silver track which is also available. It takes some care to get the joints between the track smooth. If you don't do this the train is very likely to derail. With the joints all smooth this track works quite well and it is a good value if you get it for the right price.

The set comes with the following track: 9 9-inch straights, 1 9-inch terminal/rerailer, 1-9 inch rerailer, 20-18 inch radius curves, 2 right turn-outs, 2 left turnouts and two Hayes bumpers. The set also includes a magnet to put under the track to de-couple cars and plenty of wire to hook up your controller, which is not included.

You can use the track to set up the "your first railroad" layout, but It is good to add to the track that comes with a trainset to let your train do more than just run around an oval. If you have long cars such as passenger cars you may not be able to run them around the curves in this set since you will probably need 22 inch radius curves.
on February 22, 2014
I purchased this after I was unable to get my 30 year old Tyco train to run on the ancient track. This snapped together easily, and it was simple to hook up my old controller. The train ran well on this track. I only used part of the track to make an oval as I had my Christmas tree in the center, but I look forward to making the full track with my 7 year old son someday soon.

Also, disassembly was a piece of cake - no issues, which I was afraid of.
on August 9, 2017
I would have to say that this pack may be worth it for the amount of curved and straight track you get, but as far as the magnet included to uncouple the cars, and the controllers for the turnouts, fuhgetaboutit. Not one of the4 switches included, worked, and my meter definitely showed that the correct voltage was present at the controllers.
on March 23, 2016
One piece of track has an issue where once the locomotive passes it, it stops. Bachmann was less than helpful in trying to get the issue resolved, stating I had to send them my receipt and then if they had it in stock MAYBE they would replace it. Instead I'll return it to Amazon and buy a different brand of track in the future.
on September 12, 2015
Sections fit together easily except for some of the switches. Joining them to track sections often required some finesse. Steel rails require frequent (every week) cleaning to maintain good contact. Bought this to enhance Thomas the Train oval layout. When a switch is set to diverge, this short engine often derails if it is moving too slowly. Other locomotives are fine.
on June 24, 2017
great buy
on December 18, 2016
Good set, arrived quickly, now around Christmas tree!
on September 15, 2017