Industrial Deals HPC Magazine Deals Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. PCB for Musical Instruments $34.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop now HTL17_gno

on November 23, 2012
I bought this Bachmann train set to put under the Christmas tree this year. I was thinking of getting the bigger O or G scale train, but the HO is the perfect size and I'm really glad I went with it. The HO size has a perfectly sized track that fits under the Christmas tree without needing the typical 4'X 8' space that most larger trains need for the track. The Locomotive is the heaviest of the train pieces and most well built piece, but that's because the other train pieces just need to roll behind it. Overall I'm really happy with the build quality, and the track was super easy to snap together. The conductor controls are also really easy to use and my 2 year old quickly learned how to move the train forward and in reverse in a manner of minutes. I would recommend this train to anyone looking for a train set for under the Christmas tree. Great Price, fairly quiet, and great size!

**Here is some video I took of the train to help you see how it looks and operates. I was running the train at about 1/3 of the full speed. The train operates and stays on the track at full speed as long as the track is completely level on the floor, or on a table.
77 comments| 311 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 13, 2017
A finely detailed product that will please the most demanding experts.
on January 21, 2017
I ordered this for my husband for Christmas. He was delighted with the set and is looking forward to collecting more.
on January 3, 2017
i like my train it still running good
on January 12, 2017
This is my son's first electric train. I played with trains growing up and thought he might get as much joy out of it as I did. He set up the track and had it running within 10 minutes. This set only comes with an oval track and no other accessories. But for the price, it's a great starter set and it runs great.
on April 21, 2017
worked as advertised.
on March 29, 2017
good
on April 25, 2014
My grandson turned 5. He loves trains so much. So I got him this train, put it together, I noticed while checking the rail like the directions said to do there was a rise in a piece of track. I interchanged several pieces but the same bump stayed. As he was playing with it he turned the speed up a little to fast and it jumped the track, hit the floor and broke off the thing that gets electricity. I decided when he is 20 we might try again. Very pleased with the way the seller handled it.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.