Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Fire TV Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on December 17, 2016
The auto reversing train I s a neat idea for small spaces. Escpecially when there is not enough room for 180 degree curves. The train kind of fits in scale with the Lemax village buildings a brings a bit of life to any Christmas village.
The biggest pain is the setup. The tracks are hard to connect and the connecting points are of bad quality. If they are not lined up perfectly there will be hump causing the trolley to derail. I had to use my extra strong reading glasses to line up the very tiny clamps and rails since they don't line up very well. The require slight bending to exactly fit. I worked with other railways such as Märklin before and the Bachman trains and rails don't even come close to the quality. But once the tracks are connected perfectly it works fine.

Also be careful when using that fluffy snow wool. Don't get it close to the tracks. The wheels like to wind this stuff up then get clogged up and the trolley won't move. I had to clean them up. The bottom pate of the motor can be removed to take the axles out and clean them up.

And when you want extend the track be sure to buy the auto reversing tracks. I added 4 more curves to mine.

If the track pieces wouldn't be so hard to connect I would have given it 5 stars.
6 people found this helpful
on November 15, 2013
I have a bit of a saga on this transaction. I got the train set promptly from Amazon, put it together and the trolley would not run. I had lights, so my connections were good, but no motor. After checking everything a bunch of times, I called Bachmann customer support. Took a while to get through - hours published in warranty literature were not correct anymore - and didn't actually ever get through to a person. I hunted around their website, and located a service email. Got a prompt email reply from Kathy, who had me go thru some minor troubleshooting and then told me to do a return for service on the trolley only. The website has a return for repair submital. I did that and mailed off the box. Via the website, I was able to see when my return arrived, and then the status that they had returned the car with a FedEx tracking number.

That was a week ago. When I went back to the Bachmann site to get the tracking number to see where my little trolley was, I could never get back in. So, after I week I called the service 800 number for repair status. I got connected to a live person, gave her my repair order number and got the tracking number. OK! Off to FedEx website and found the box had just been delivered. Called home and.... You guessed it. No box. I felt cursed. But it all turned out OK. FedEx gave the box to the wrong house and our kind neighbors brought it over to me.

Bachmann had sent me a brand new replacement trolley. I put the little guy on the track, all ready to go in my little village, and off it went. It really is the cutest thing! Very quiet. It stops at each end, light goes off, it pauses for 5 seconds and then starts back up the other way. I just love it, and after the brief hassle/adventure, it's all the sweeter to finally see it run.

I agree with the other reviewer that the car barn is ugly. I think I will weather the brick walls, they just look too new and too plasticky. The barn has an okay-looking "copper" roof. I, too, have the barn buried in billowy polyester snow banks. The EZ track is very nice and simple to set up.

I've waited a long time for a train layout and never had the room for one. This little trolley in my village, all in the space on top of a harpsichord, is a nice way to satisfy my life long wish to make a tiny world.
8 people found this helpful
on January 1, 2018
The train set I received had a manufacturing default. The track did not connect correctly at the first connection after the train"hub" due to the track being improperly manufactured. I will do my best to get a replacement for next Christmas, but it is very disappointing for this year to have purchased this and not been able to use it. I will check back in and let you know if the seller makes good on a return.
on February 7, 2014
It took three tries, but I finally got one that works. I wanted an auto reversing street car for my winter village and this one was affordable. The whole setup is of average build. The car comes with a lifetime warranty so if it doesn't last I'll return it to Bachmann. I find there warranty service to be more than acceptable. It's a cute addition to a winter village and being auto reverse eliminates the need for a deeper layout. Kudos to Amazon for agreeing to send a second replacement. They normally will do one replacement and then a refund. Since the price increased after I purchased it I didn't want a refund and then reorder at the higher price and thankfully the third car worked. I really like the setup and would have given it 5 stars except for the fact it took three cars to find one that worked.
2 people found this helpful
on December 2, 2017
My final addition to Disney ToonTown Christmas Village can't wait to set it up. My only knock is trying to make sure track lines up correctly it's very difficult which is unusual for this type of quick track.
on October 9, 2017
Train arrived on schedule, well packaged. Setup train to ensure it ran properly, was a little hesitant. A quick alcohol wipe on the track fixed that. Runs smooth train looks great. The shed quality is not that great, will do some paint enhancements and Bachmann should have put a light inside, will be adding one.
on November 26, 2017
When it worked it was great, but that was so rare. I struggled to keep it working all season for more than eight years. At one point they sent me a new power house. That worked for one season. It just doesn’t go.
on June 7, 2013
Arrived quickly. Set up and it worked out of the box, though even at 'top speed' it seems to go quite slow. That is not an issue for me as I want it to go slow for my application, but it does make me wonder if something's amiss. Con: Kind of cheaply made (lots of cheap plastics, thin wiring), easily bendable metal extensions on track, but still pricey nonetheless. Not for children. Despite the cons, I am satisfied with this purchase.
5 people found this helpful
on November 15, 2017
Beautiful set, definitely adds charm to our growing Christmas village. However, as you can see in the picture, there is a break in the track causing the train to stop midway then reverse. Otherwise, it is a quaint and charming set.
review image
One person found this helpful
on January 6, 2013
I bought this for my wife to add to her Christmas Village, and she was delighted. The scale is slightly smaller than the rest of the village, but it looks quite good, nonetheless. Speed of car is easily adjusted from very slow to quite fast. interior lighting is a nice touch. I also got a set of train personnel (conductor, baggage handler, etc.) from local hobby shop. I would have liked interior details such as benches. Anyone experienced with modifying model railroad rolling stock might be able to add such details.
3 people found this helpful
|22 comments|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.