Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Back for the Attack
Amazon Vehicles Editors' Holiday Gift Picks Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Subscribe & Save Gifts for Him Get up to $100 back on House Cleaning services TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Sting Shop Outdoor Deals on Amazon

Format: Audio CD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 45 reviews(verified purchases). Show all reviews
on July 7, 2015
This is my favourite Dokken album !! It's the best by a mile!!! The guitar solos are insane and the songs are excellent! !!! This will always be a classic hard rock album! !!! I have 3 different versions of this album!!! Remastered rock candy version is as good as the Japanese version! !!!!
on January 2, 2016
This is the 4th album released in 1987 by Dokken. The band is on absolute fire on this one. I recommend it to any glam metal/hard rock fan. The album starts with the furious "Kiss Of Death" (which is about aids - a new issue at the time) and ends with the title track as a bonus track on the Japan import. I can't speak enough about this album. It is truly the Dokken masterpiece. They've made albums since this release & have gotten close but never gets the cigar as BFTA achieves. U want to start here if you're a new Dokken fan and go backwards and then forward. Other standout cuts are "Night By Bight", "Stop Fighting Love" and hits include "Dream Warriors", "Heaven Sent", "Burning Like A Flame". Seriously, a not a bad song in this 14 track assault. Buy it & love it!
on July 6, 2016
This is a great CD for me it was there best but I liked their other albums to, this was a very underrated band but put out very consistent quality material. If you are a George Lynch fan you will enjoy his solo's and melodic riff's , this still holds up today and is a classic!
on April 23, 2015
Just got it today-4/23/2015!! I love it!! Awesome!! Fantastic!! Amazon is like a Xmas Wonderland!! I will be doing all of my shopping here!! Great music store!! Great!! Amazon has everything you could ever imagine or want!! :o)
on November 12, 2015
Memories of 80's hair bands and Freddy Krueger. I could still belt all the words after more than 25 years - that's when my cassette tape wore out and the no-money college years began soon thereafter. Little did I know my future years would render me penniless with children!
on June 17, 2015
I grew up listening to Dokken when I was a kid! My Father & I would listen to Dokken on his tape deck in his car when we would take our weekend drives. I had all of Dokken's records on Cassette! Back For The Attack is a great record! It might not have sparked a lot of hits like their previous record Under Lock & Key, but once again the record is great! George is an amazing guitarist & this record showcases that! (Especially Mr. Scary)
on December 10, 2009
This is still the Best DOKKEN CD - Top Notch Melodic Hard Rock , Great Songs , Great Vocals, Great Guitar Work by George Lynch - BUY THIS ! - Also BUY Albums from these similar Melodic Hardrock Groups here on AMAZON MP3 : MAGNITUDE 9 -- ICON -- TNT
on July 16, 2007
It's somehow weird to call something an 'album'. I think it may have come out as an album(record) originally...although my first copy was a cassette tape(gasp)Good riddance to those things though.

Anyway, what can you say about Dokken except that they kicked serious a## and never headlined that I remember. I truely think they must have had some seriously terrible management back in those days. They were all over MTV, George was all over Guitar Player magazine, they had good radio airplay, they wrote a tune for a major cult horror movie(yes, NM on Elm Street was big, believe it or not). I think they must have been 'cute' enough...christ, Motley Crue could get chicks and look at those ugly MFr's!!!! It just doesn't add up does it?

Enough on that...this album absolutely blew the socks off most people when it came out. I never once heard anybody gripe or complain or even utter a word of disappointment about Back for the Attack...really!!! Under Lock and Key was very,very good...but I think the hard metal heads kind of shied away from that one because of the cover..LOL!!! If your new to Dokken...this is an absolute must have!!! If your not new to Dokken...than this, like me, is probably your fifth or sixth copy!!!!
on March 21, 2013
Dokken released their fourth studio album "Back For The Attack" in 1987. Dokken played a very radio friendly style of melodic rock that was all the rage in the 80's. This was Dokken's last record until 1995's "Dysfunctional," which totally dropped the party rock feel, and adopted an alt-rock style.

"Back for the Attack" is quite literally one of the best records of the entire decade. There is nothing on this record that doesn't scream this should be an MTV video, and all songs on this record were single worthy. Don Dokken had a terrific voice for this type of music, and George Lynch's guitar playing is always top-notch. The rest of the band wasn't too shabby either. Every song on here is a win-win for fans, and nothing should have you reaching for the skip button.

This was Dokken at its peak. They could not, and they did not do any better than this album, and how in the world could you? This is absolutely essential for all melodic rock fans, and every fan of the 80's should have this album somewhere.
on December 19, 2012
Really like all of their albums from "Breaking the Chains to Back for the Attack". Then something happened, Don Dokken! Let's be honest without George Lynch this band would have fallen before they even stood up. This is the last great album they released.Good luck to a great bassist Jeff Pilson and an excellent guitarist George Lynch in their new careers I think its a band called TNT, they'll succeed because Don has no part of it. Keep rocking guys nothing but respect you both. Congrats on the separation from Don now you guys can really succeed!