- Includes FREE MP3 version of this album Here's how (restrictions apply)
Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "Back to Basics” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 73% off the $21.98 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
- • An Amazon.com Best Music of 2006 selection.
Back to Basics Import
|Listen Now with Prime Music Join Prime||Prime Members|
Back To Basics
|New from||Used from|
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
More from Xtina
Top Customer Reviews
On Disc One, Christina joins forces with DJ Premier, Rich Harrison, Kwame, Mark Ronson, Charles Roane, Big Tank and Tony Reyes & Ben H. Allen for an exciting world of R&B, Soul, Hip Hop and some Blues. The songs are either uptempo or midtempo, but Christina commands every lyric and melody. From the churchy "Makes Me Wanna Pray" to the edgy "Here To Stay", Christina holds your attention. Even when she is all about "me" like on interludes F.U.S.S and Intro (Back to Basic), Christina comes across as being true with her emotions. The only song that suffers is "Thank You" which I find rather pointless.
On Disc Two, the show is all about Christina and Linda Perry (who is becoming one of the most important female writers/producers of all time). Songs like the Andrew Sisters-inspired "Candyman", the sexy "Nasty Naughty Boy, and the bluesy "I Got Trouble" are all throwbacks to another era of time. While songs like the pop ballad "Hurt" and the churchy "Mercy On Me" has a modern day twist. Christina really sells these songs but the biggest surprise is the sweet folky "Save Me From Myself" and the 50s pop style "The Right Man". In both songs, you can tell Christina is singing from the heart and to her new husband.
Disc One and Disc Two are actually two seperate albums because they are both very different in styles, but the quality of both cds are high level.Read more ›
1. Into (Back to Basics) 6/10 This song has a bunch of sample and adlibs in it. Christina get a little vain in it though!
2. Makes me Wanna Pray 7/10 This song is very bluesy and has a choir in the background, Does not have a very good chorus, but a very feel good song.
3. Back In The Day 8/10 I think would have been a better song to introduce the song than makes me wanna pray. It has some neat lyrics and some adlibs in the begining.
4. Ain't No Other Man 9/10 the First single. For me i havent listened to it once cause its very overplayed, but still a great song.
5.Understand 6/10 one of my least favorite song on the album. It just doesnt hook you in. But still a fairly good song
6.Slow Down Baby 9/10 A pretty r&b hip hop influenced song. really good.
7. Oh Mother 10/10 A good ballad with a great beat. Its about thanking her mother for taking her and her sister away from thier abusive father. A highlight of the Album.
8 F.U.S.S. 9/10 a short song that was written for Scott Storch who produced songs on Stripped. He decided to write for Paris hilton's album instead of this BIG MISTAKE. Has a great beat and she sounds great on it.
9. On OUr Way 9/10 A great song about always being on your way to something better
10.Wihtout You 9/10 a vey good beat song. different from other songs, almost has a latin feel, almost.
11.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
"That's how music should sound" is right. Such a creative concept album to produce music inspired by the greats. Read morePublished 1 day ago by Shaun Tuazon
I love jazz, so I was really happy to see Christina take her music in that direction. I loved disc 1 the best. All the songs are uplifting and full of energy. Read morePublished 20 days ago by Rita Jackson
It came in perfect condition. Brought back some great memories hearing the songs again!Published 2 months ago by Lily
Really good album from Christina. She really channels her inner 1940s singer. With this jazzy theme album.Published 5 months ago by Patrick Small
Cd case was damaged and split straight open when I got it.
Cd works so that's all I care about.
only like/ love a few of the songs but good condition no scratchesPublished 6 months ago by Maureen De Loatch