Industrial Deals Beauty MagazinestoInspire STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Format: Vinyl|Change

Showing 1-10 of 1,015 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,515 reviews
on September 9, 2015
I have been a big fan of Amy Winehouse late 2005 or early 2006 before she hit the states as far as radio and TV airplay goes. Because I had friends of mine from Europe already had Frank and I heard back to black year before it came out in America because a lot of my friends were interns from the UK, Germany and Ireland . Which is where her music was played first and then after it got a huge amount airplay and they released it here in America . ( because Frank had been released in 2003 end back to black was released I believe in late 2005 or early 2006 everywhere else but America). Rehab I just got released late 2005 or early 2006 end a friend of mine Claire was listening to the remix with Jay-Z end I thought it was neat that Jay-Z was performing with the singer I've never heard of from the UK so when she played with the remix I loved it and I asked if she could burn me a copy of the CD end she did better than that purchased me a copy of the black be Deluxe Edition from Ireland before she went back home before her internship ended. Copied me Frank along with b-sides and I was Hock right then and there :-) back to black is my favorite part three releases, my three favorite songs on the this album have to be starting number one . Some unholy war two. Tears dry on their own three. Rehab . Now I know a lot of people probably with rehab on the top however every time I hear some unholy war ThinkI either put my record on that song at least twice when I have that record on or two the original and the Downtempo version back to back on my Kindle fire HDX for the CD and listen to it twice . Tears dry on their probably would've been number three up until five years ago, but after being in a relationship going through the hardest time of my life at that time to be in that relationship is why that song along with number one on my top three is why those two are probably the most meaningful to me whenever I listen to them . Who doesn't love rehab does not know all the words and sing along wrapping and Bob in their head cause it is a classic ?! :-) It is been seven years year and almost 8 years overseas that this album has been out and it is still number one on Amazon and the R&B, the R&B hip-hop chart, and contemporary chart be more CD and vinyl because of how amazing this album is on the Amazon sales rank...
on May 6, 2017
Amy Winehouse was a great artist for the short period she gave us music in this world. I thought it would be terrific to have this sound from this artist on an analogue recording on vinyl. The pressing has a film on it, particularly on the second side. The surface is as noisy as a record purchased in a flea market. There are also significant scratches on it to give annoying pops and clicks on some of the songs. It is very disturbing to have a disk in my collection when my records, that I have been playing for over 50 years, are quieter.
on May 5, 2017
My daughter recently turned 16 and got this for her vinyl collection. Both of my kids wanted record players and think vinyl albums are "so cool." I got rid of more vinyl albums than I can remember and now wish I hadn't, of course. We both watched the movie about this artist and it's unfortunate that certain aspects of her life went the way they did. She had real talent and my daughter was thrilled to get this record. She loves pretty much all the songs on it. Arrived promptly as well.
I love music and have a very diverse collection of styles and artists in my cd collection including a lot of artists popular in the UK not known here yet. For some reason I never discovered Amy Winehouse with her superb first release FRANK. Had I, I would have been a huge fan from the beginning. Instead, the same as many, I was introduced to her through the single REHAB which sadly came hand in hand with her strong addiction problems. The paparazzi had a field day with her. And the joke was she was singing about rehab when it seemed she so obviously needed it. Even with her Grammy wins I didn't purchase this album.

Regretfully, it took her very sad and untimely death with talk of her unique musical talents and gifts that I bought both FRANK and BACK TO BLACK. I have truly fallen in love with Amy. She indeed was a truly gifted artist. BACK TO BLACK is honestly one of the best albums I have ever heard. She wrote every track and by listening to this cd you can put all the gossip and drama aside and listen to Amy as an artist. It is very important to remember she wrote the lyrics to all these songs and it is obvious the poor woman wore her heart and soul on her sleeve. But for the listener it provided a great gift. The cd is a winner from beginning to end and speaks of love and relationships and all that comes with it. Her style combines retro soul with r&b and jazz with a hint of classic pop. It is a style new, unique and truly inspired. The songs BACK TO BLACK, LOVE IS A LOSING GAME and TEARS DRY ON THEIR OWN are instant classics. ME AND MR. JONES is a stunning and clever album cut. YOU KNOW I'M NO GOOD is also an instant classic and showns much insight into Amy's thoughts of herself. Listen to the words on the haunting WAKE UP ALONE and SOME UNHOLY WAR and you will feel so much what the life of this woman was like.

The song REHAB is not a defiant song to those trying to get her help but rather a declaration of how she thought it wouldn't help. She talks of what rehab would give her but she could get the same advice and support at home listening to music like Ray Charles and waiting for the sorrow to pass. In her mind it was all about love and heartbeak. If the sorrow could pass she would not have to use. Addiction is a very serious illness and whatever was really going on we need to acknowledge the very sad fact that this musically gifted person Amy Winehouse left us and this life way too early. For her sake she managed to leave a musical legacy behind with only 2 cds. She will live on through her music and because of her gifts as a songwriter and expressive, superbly diverse singer we will always see her as the person by the music. May you rest in peace Amy and hopefully all your demons have been silenced and you have found peace. But rest assured you will be remembered.
on December 7, 2016
After hearing audiophiles rave about the FEEL of vinyl and how much better it is than MP3's I decided to give this a shot and get this album for my friend who really enjoy's Amy Winehouse's music. The first thing that stood out was that right out of the package there were pops and clicks on the recording with no visible scratches or dirt on the record (didn't happen with the other LP I bought) and on side 2 there is a constant hum/tone/frequency that sounds like wind passing through a tunnel. This sound doesn't happen on side one. I can't get a replacement for the record so I guess I'll digitize the album and see if I can cancel out the background hum through software.

interesting point is that the CD/MP3 has an additional track (Addicted) where that is not found on the LP, but the LP has an additional version of "You Know I'm No Good" featuring Ghostface Killah that isn't found on the CD/MP3 - the 'hidden' bonus track isn't really a BONUS as it replaces something that should have been there (after the track there was a decent amount of blank space but that close to the center I don't know if there would have been enough room to fit both the "bonus" track AND Addicted - personally I would have rather had Addicted on the LP as well instead of another version of a song already on the album. (but that's just me)

i'm not overly upset with myself for spending the $13 on an album with a defective second side, but I really should have paid more heed to the other vinyl reviews.
on February 19, 2016
So disappointed! One side of the record skips constantly. The other side skips as well but not as much.
on January 19, 2016
If you are ordering this vinyl, chances are you know that Amy Winehouse is an incredible artist. I ordered this vinyl three times and each time "Rehab" wouldn't play correctly. So I wiped off the record with a microfiber cloth and every time rehab was skipping. So I ordered it again. Still wouldn't play. I'm severely disappointed in Amazon's quality of vinyls.
on May 20, 2015
The album itself is excellent (wife if big Amy Winehouse fan), however the one I received (after it being backordered for months and patiently waiting) is the EU version, not the US version as is described in the product description. There is a very notable difference in the cover and insert, as well as missing the US bonus track. (track listing order is also different). Seller was Amazon, so this isn't a case of a mixed up 3rd party seller. Was quite disappointed that the version we physically received was different that the Auto-Rip MP3 versions entitled to be downloaded.... That being said, since the wife is a collector, we don't mind hanging on to the EU version.

Amazon, I would like to have this corrected, but my wife already opened and played the unit that we received before I could intervene. I don't mind re-purchasing again for the same price I paid originally, but I would like positive confirmation and assurance that the vinyl I will receive is the correct US version as described in the product description.

Mix up of version is the only reason for 3 stars.. I would give it a full 5 if I had received the item I should have received.
on May 5, 2017
VINYL BUYERS BEWARE--- Just opened my copy, and was horribly disappointed with the quality, FROM THE FIRST SECOND OF SOUND. Amy was an amazing singer, and her music deserves more respect than this horrific pressing. Honestly, I thought my preamp was dying, the distortion was so bad. Things got a touch better by the second song, but forget it, this thing is junk. Oh, did I mention the vinyl is warped more than any album in my collection? I should have known things were going to be ugly when the center hole wasn't big enough and I had to press down, really hard. Seriously, just buy it on iTunes, because even a super-compressed MP3 is better.
on December 3, 2015
This is a great record, probably one of the best in recent years. I got into Amy Winehouse sometime in 2007 (I believe it was) just after this album was released and it grabbed my attention immediately. I was really saddened by the way Amy was treated and basically destroyed by the media, I must admit it reminded me a lot of what happened with Kurt Cobain in the 90's and for that reason, I believe that Amy might very well have been the closest thing we've had to another Cobain in about 20 years.

I was really happy to finally get this album on vinyl, until of course I put it on the turntable. Don't expect quality sound if you buy this. I figure that the people behind this pressing are simply doing it because they know that hundreds of thousands of fans will want this LP as a wall hanging, rather than to listen to it on a real record player.

Although the LP itself doesn't skip during playback there is an awful noise issue, like the sound of feedback, that persists throughout and other than that, there is also an audible hissing on Amy's voice — due probably to low quality manufacturing and bad mastering for vinyl.

If you are the kind of Amy fan who needs a cool looking record to frame and put on your wall, then this is the cheapest reproduction available, however if you, like me, were hoping for a definitive high quality vinyl for your collection, rather wait for something like that to get release than buy this pressing.