BCA Month Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TNF TNF TNF  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Back to Black [Vinyl]
Format: Vinyl|Change

on July 12, 2013
First OF ALL , I agree with the quality of the singing etc. of all the 5 star reviews . these are true statements .

She wrote her own music , it is real music with real quality lyrics . These items are so sorely lacking in todays popular music .

What I want to focus on it the quality of the record recording . In many records EVEN when you first open them up , you hear pops and

crackles , especially in-between songs . this record is black quiet . it is GREAT . The mastering of the music , stereo separation

tone quality ambiance and depth are perfect .

This is the PERFECT RECORD to show off your record player and stereo system . IT IS AN AUDIOPLILLES DREAM RECORD
Along with Frank, BtB completes the perfect bookends of the incomparable Amy. Her death remains a tremendous loss to the world and not just those who loved the heart and soul of her jazz-pop voice. I had the CD but missed the tones that come with vinyl and finally decided to purchase the album; so pleased I did. Unlike several other vinyl buyers, the new vinyl record we received was perfect and had no pressing issues. The seller Newbury_Comics is highly recommended - immediate shipping and delivery in only 2 to 3 days.
on September 23, 2017
This is such a classic album, but the vinyl pressing leaves much to be desired. I could tell it was cheaply done when I tried to put it on my turntable and found that the hole wasn't large enough. After some widening with a tool, it was able to slide on. I found the tracks to play somewhat muted, without the warmth and clarity I usually get from vinyl. There were also some unexpected pops, apparently imperfections in the medium. I thought this would be a great album to own on vinyl, but I guess I'll be shopping for the CD instead.
on March 17, 2017
It's a shame. I love Amy Winehouse! I stream this album all the time on itunes music and it's wonderful. I decided a wanted a vinyl copy as I've been getting into same recently. Sounds like pure crap. Unlistenable to my taste. Very distorted particularly on the low end. I've since researched this album on the internet and it appears many have the same issue, though there is no consensus as to the cause. Oh well! Will probably make it's way to the trash!
on July 4, 2016
I am honestly so glad that I finally caved and ordered this vinyl. I had never gotten into vinyl's up until a few months ago. I decided to purchase a record player and got "The Neighborhoods" new album on vinyl to go with it. When I played that the sound quality and just over all experience was completely amazing. So after knowing I know loved vinyl I saw this and had to get it. I grew up on Amy Whinehouse and she has always been one of my favorite artists. I already had the album on my phone but after she died I wanted something physical to remember what a great artist she was and to have something to remember what an amazing talent she was.
I recommend this product to anyone that loved Amy as much as I did. You really wont regret the purchase when you have it with you in person and can see and listen to this amazing woman and remember how truly amazing she was
on September 22, 2015
Bad rating because I received two replacements and they both are skipping and the songs mix together. So i gave up trying to get another one, to much hassel. It's just the record because I have many others that play just fine on my record player.
on March 31, 2016
I was really disappointed in this record. It has skipped non stop since I took it out of the package. Must be some sort of factory defect.
on March 12, 2016
I love Amy Winehouse, but this record skipped to the point where I could not listen to it. Very disappointed.
on August 20, 2015
This record itself is pricless! I love Winehouse, but of course I found a problem. Two of her greatest and well known songs, "Rehab" and "Me and Mr.Jones", are scratched and basically cannot play the whole way through. Other than that it was a good purchase made from Amazon
review image
on March 9, 2013
I bought this on vinyl and it is a great addition to my collection. It's on regular grade vinyl , where as most of my newer vinyl is on 180 gram vinyl or higher, but it sounds as if it is pressed on 180 gram vinyl. The sound of the album is indeed very haunting, in a great way. I noticed that the tracks that Mark Ronson produced sound the best on this album. But they are all great to listen to and it's very sad she became a member of the "27 club".

Mark Ronson produced tracks 1,2,5,6,8 and 10. He really knows how to make a song sound great. Most people are more familiar with his DJ sister Samantha Ronson, Lindsey Lohan's ex-girlfriend. I think that he is however the star in the family. Mark has produced many artist throughout his career. He has worked with the likes of Jack White, Lily Allen and one of my all time favorites, Macy Gray. Amy Winehouse is no exception as a favorite either. He also DJ's and has a band called Mark Ronson & The Business Int. His band is worth a listen, as I really like a lot of their music. Not sure if they are still together, but still worth a listen.

If you are a collector of vinyl or have a turntable, buy this on vinyl, even if you have the CD or iTunes version, you will not be disappointed. I bought this mostly because it was on sale. I do not know if the deluxe version is available or not, I did not look as I own that version on CD anyway, but the album sounds much better than the digital CD version. I guess everything old becomes new again and I am delighted to see the return and repressing of a lot of the old vinyl album I wish I still had. I think this particular album sound so great because it is the original pressing of the album. A lot of the older, remastered, re-pressings do not sound very well, even the 180 gram versions. A lot depends on the question if and by whom it was remastered. Pete Townshend did a great job with remastering Quadrophenia.

A lot of people ask me, "Why spend so much on outdated material, everything is digital now?" One , it sound incredible with the right equipment, and two, it is the format I grew up on. I love albums, there is so much more to look at than a jewel box. I also like SACD's as well, but they are real pricey and hard to find the artist you might like. I own about thirty of these, some where more of a compromise of price and artist, but if you are an audiophile, you can tell a big difference between a regular mp3 and a 24 bit 160 kHz music stream. My DAC is the most important piece of gear I own. Luckily my Blu-ray player plays High Definition SACD's or I would have bought a different one a long time ago.

I do think that the audiophile grade pressings, 180 grams and higher, are much better sounding on my system, but they are more expensive than the regular re-pressings. Usually an original, if it has been taken care of sounds the best but there are some exceptions and this one is a great example. I also have to say how much I love Amazons new way of packing albums, much better than the past. Great job on the new packaging technique.