Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Echo $129.99 All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis B06ZY5XM7W Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Format: Vinyl|Change

Showing 1-10 of 1,001 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,485 reviews
on December 29, 2016
 One of Amy's best albums, this vinyl record does her justice! It's rare to find an album without one single bad track. Each song is amazing, conveying emotion and soul. Amy Winehouse, we miss you!

Some of my favorite tracks:
Rehab - Amy's most famous song. The one that made her a star internationally. Sounds wonderful on vinyl. It's a shame it's over-played.
Me & Mr. Jones - if you didn't know it, you'd think this is a song from the 60s sung by a soulful black woman. So much expression.
Just Friends - listen to it, no comment needed.
Back to Black - the album's namesake. If you know Amy's story, this song means even more. Again, I've never heard this song sound as good as it does on vinyl.
Wake Up Alone - my all-time favorite Amy Winehouse song. So much soul going on here. Her changes are just beautiful. On her posthumously released album, Lioness: Hidden Treasures, the original recording of this track was released. I think it's even better than this recording, but both are phenomenal. I included a video of this track, amazing.

A few issues with the record I received:
The spindle hole was too small. I nearly broke the record removing it from the turntable. I fixed it by inserting some scissors in the hole and giving it a spin.
The record was quite dirty when I took it out of the sleeve for the first time.
on March 20, 2017
It's All My Fault. I didn't open it till today its about 3 1/2 months later.It has some scratches AKA permanently Skips, so it wont let the last 3 songs play UGH...ITS WARPED... let me just say I own over 500 records I have been collection since I was 7 that's back in 76..I LOVE this on CD. On record I have to fine the right speed to play it, Thank Gd my record player has an adjustment level for speed, Or this would never sound right. I have to add that the record looked flat in the sleeve but put it on the player and WOW its warped. It spins in a wave.My collection of records have moved more then 18 times been in storage for yrs in the heat in the cold but NEVER have any of them warped ... I guess you never know buying over the internet. And the new records I hear are not the same speed or the same type of recordings as the old school, how could they be. This was my first new printing of a record since 1993. I love records ! I love the sounds they make but this one.. to perfect in sound,and you get dizzy watching it spin. I am disappointed in the quality. I will not be buying more records over the internet, and If I do change my mind I will play them the same day I get them in case this problem ever happens again. SO what I am saying is play them right away.
I hope this helped some one.

Amy, RIP.
on January 6, 2017
This record's presentation has an overall "cheap" design. There were no pamphlets that came with the record, if you care about that. Though I wouldn't remove a star for that, I thought it was worth noting. The press is of poor quality. Instead of nice 180-gram vinyl, it's pressed as the more standard disc. The press was also off. The further I got into the record, the more I could hear the problem. I noticed my tone arm moving back and forth a bit due to a warm in the record. This was much more apparent the further I got into a side, as the time it would take for the stylus to travel and be affected by the warp would become smaller. I sadly can not recommend this product.
on September 16, 2015
This review is specific to the vinyl record. The music on this album is great (but you probably already know that, you're here shopping for it). However, the record itself is poorly made. It is not concentric; when playing, the tone arm swings back and forth by half an inch on each revolution. It is a very noisy pressing, and the needle doesn't track well and causes distortion. Overall, disappointing.
For reference- I have a very nice turntable (Rega RP-3) and cartridge (Dynavector 10x5), the record is clean (although it was filthy out of the package), and the setup is perfect. The flaws I describe are definitely with the record, not the equipment.
on March 5, 2017
I love this record! I bought this blindly.. I had heard good things, but I had never really listened to Amy Winehouse before. I am completely obsessed! Good quality record, and amazing singer with great lyrics. I recommend.
review image review image
on February 20, 2016
This vinyl is junk. Returned it twice. Don't bother, you'll just be disappointed. Had multiple skips on both sides and for a brand new item that's just not acceptable. After reading others comments I decided to not exchange it again and went for a CD instead.
on April 20, 2017
Amy Winehouse left us early. Amy could have become one of the greatest Blues singers of all time but unfortunately she left us. This album is one of the few albums which she left us. This album is one of the best albums that she left us. This album is a Blues classic.

Back to Black has awesome fast beat Blues songs for dance and it has slow beat Blues songs for your soul!

Back to Black is a Blues statement. It is so nostalgic yet so different. The horn instruments, the heavy drum beat and the fine retro arrangements plus Amy’s beautiful blues voice are what makes this album special.

The album is loaded with hits. It hits you deep in your soul. I always state that:

Blues is a state of mind; you must feel it deep in your bone marrow!

Well this album is definitely felt in the bone marrow! Deep in the bone marrow indeed.

Back to Black is a wonderfully arranged and superbly produced modern Blues album. The instrumentations and sound are loud, clear and fabulous. Amy truly gets dark here and displays an awesome retro Blues statement.

Amy Winehouse is surely missed. This album is already a Blues Classic.
on September 9, 2015
I have been a big fan of Amy Winehouse late 2005 or early 2006 before she hit the states as far as radio and TV airplay goes. Because I had friends of mine from Europe already had Frank and I heard back to black year before it came out in America because a lot of my friends were interns from the UK, Germany and Ireland . Which is where her music was played first and then after it got a huge amount airplay and they released it here in America . ( because Frank had been released in 2003 end back to black was released I believe in late 2005 or early 2006 everywhere else but America). Rehab I just got released late 2005 or early 2006 end a friend of mine Claire was listening to the remix with Jay-Z end I thought it was neat that Jay-Z was performing with the singer I've never heard of from the UK so when she played with the remix I loved it and I asked if she could burn me a copy of the CD end she did better than that purchased me a copy of the black be Deluxe Edition from Ireland before she went back home before her internship ended. Copied me Frank along with b-sides and I was Hock right then and there :-) back to black is my favorite part three releases, my three favorite songs on the this album have to be starting number one . Some unholy war two. Tears dry on their own three. Rehab . Now I know a lot of people probably with rehab on the top however every time I hear some unholy war ThinkI either put my record on that song at least twice when I have that record on or two the original and the Downtempo version back to back on my Kindle fire HDX for the CD and listen to it twice . Tears dry on their probably would've been number three up until five years ago, but after being in a relationship going through the hardest time of my life at that time to be in that relationship is why that song along with number one on my top three is why those two are probably the most meaningful to me whenever I listen to them . Who doesn't love rehab does not know all the words and sing along wrapping and Bob in their head cause it is a classic ?! :-) It is been seven years year and almost 8 years overseas that this album has been out and it is still number one on Amazon and the R&B, the R&B hip-hop chart, and contemporary chart be more CD and vinyl because of how amazing this album is on the Amazon sales rank...
on May 6, 2017
Amy Winehouse was a great artist for the short period she gave us music in this world. I thought it would be terrific to have this sound from this artist on an analogue recording on vinyl. The pressing has a film on it, particularly on the second side. The surface is as noisy as a record purchased in a flea market. There are also significant scratches on it to give annoying pops and clicks on some of the songs. It is very disturbing to have a disk in my collection when my records, that I have been playing for over 50 years, are quieter.
on May 5, 2017
My daughter recently turned 16 and got this for her vinyl collection. Both of my kids wanted record players and think vinyl albums are "so cool." I got rid of more vinyl albums than I can remember and now wish I hadn't, of course. We both watched the movie about this artist and it's unfortunate that certain aspects of her life went the way they did. She had real talent and my daughter was thrilled to get this record. She loves pretty much all the songs on it. Arrived promptly as well.