Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Format: Vinyl|Change

Showing 1-10 of 1,034 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,539 reviews
on May 6, 2017
Amy Winehouse was a great artist for the short period she gave us music in this world. I thought it would be terrific to have this sound from this artist on an analogue recording on vinyl. The pressing has a film on it, particularly on the second side. The surface is as noisy as a record purchased in a flea market. There are also significant scratches on it to give annoying pops and clicks on some of the songs. It is very disturbing to have a disk in my collection when my records, that I have been playing for over 50 years, are quieter.
on May 5, 2017
My daughter recently turned 16 and got this for her vinyl collection. Both of my kids wanted record players and think vinyl albums are "so cool." I got rid of more vinyl albums than I can remember and now wish I hadn't, of course. We both watched the movie about this artist and it's unfortunate that certain aspects of her life went the way they did. She had real talent and my daughter was thrilled to get this record. She loves pretty much all the songs on it. Arrived promptly as well.
on December 7, 2016
After hearing audiophiles rave about the FEEL of vinyl and how much better it is than MP3's I decided to give this a shot and get this album for my friend who really enjoy's Amy Winehouse's music. The first thing that stood out was that right out of the package there were pops and clicks on the recording with no visible scratches or dirt on the record (didn't happen with the other LP I bought) and on side 2 there is a constant hum/tone/frequency that sounds like wind passing through a tunnel. This sound doesn't happen on side one. I can't get a replacement for the record so I guess I'll digitize the album and see if I can cancel out the background hum through software.

interesting point is that the CD/MP3 has an additional track (Addicted) where that is not found on the LP, but the LP has an additional version of "You Know I'm No Good" featuring Ghostface Killah that isn't found on the CD/MP3 - the 'hidden' bonus track isn't really a BONUS as it replaces something that should have been there (after the track there was a decent amount of blank space but that close to the center I don't know if there would have been enough room to fit both the "bonus" track AND Addicted - personally I would have rather had Addicted on the LP as well instead of another version of a song already on the album. (but that's just me)

i'm not overly upset with myself for spending the $13 on an album with a defective second side, but I really should have paid more heed to the other vinyl reviews.
on February 19, 2016
So disappointed! One side of the record skips constantly. The other side skips as well but not as much.
on January 19, 2016
If you are ordering this vinyl, chances are you know that Amy Winehouse is an incredible artist. I ordered this vinyl three times and each time "Rehab" wouldn't play correctly. So I wiped off the record with a microfiber cloth and every time rehab was skipping. So I ordered it again. Still wouldn't play. I'm severely disappointed in Amazon's quality of vinyls.
on May 20, 2015
The album itself is excellent (wife if big Amy Winehouse fan), however the one I received (after it being backordered for months and patiently waiting) is the EU version, not the US version as is described in the product description. There is a very notable difference in the cover and insert, as well as missing the US bonus track. (track listing order is also different). Seller was Amazon, so this isn't a case of a mixed up 3rd party seller. Was quite disappointed that the version we physically received was different that the Auto-Rip MP3 versions entitled to be downloaded.... That being said, since the wife is a collector, we don't mind hanging on to the EU version.

Amazon, I would like to have this corrected, but my wife already opened and played the unit that we received before I could intervene. I don't mind re-purchasing again for the same price I paid originally, but I would like positive confirmation and assurance that the vinyl I will receive is the correct US version as described in the product description.

Mix up of version is the only reason for 3 stars.. I would give it a full 5 if I had received the item I should have received.
on May 5, 2017
VINYL BUYERS BEWARE--- Just opened my copy, and was horribly disappointed with the quality, FROM THE FIRST SECOND OF SOUND. Amy was an amazing singer, and her music deserves more respect than this horrific pressing. Honestly, I thought my preamp was dying, the distortion was so bad. Things got a touch better by the second song, but forget it, this thing is junk. Oh, did I mention the vinyl is warped more than any album in my collection? I should have known things were going to be ugly when the center hole wasn't big enough and I had to press down, really hard. Seriously, just buy it on iTunes, because even a super-compressed MP3 is better.
on December 3, 2015
This is a great record, probably one of the best in recent years. I got into Amy Winehouse sometime in 2007 (I believe it was) just after this album was released and it grabbed my attention immediately. I was really saddened by the way Amy was treated and basically destroyed by the media, I must admit it reminded me a lot of what happened with Kurt Cobain in the 90's and for that reason, I believe that Amy might very well have been the closest thing we've had to another Cobain in about 20 years.

I was really happy to finally get this album on vinyl, until of course I put it on the turntable. Don't expect quality sound if you buy this. I figure that the people behind this pressing are simply doing it because they know that hundreds of thousands of fans will want this LP as a wall hanging, rather than to listen to it on a real record player.

Although the LP itself doesn't skip during playback there is an awful noise issue, like the sound of feedback, that persists throughout and other than that, there is also an audible hissing on Amy's voice — due probably to low quality manufacturing and bad mastering for vinyl.

If you are the kind of Amy fan who needs a cool looking record to frame and put on your wall, then this is the cheapest reproduction available, however if you, like me, were hoping for a definitive high quality vinyl for your collection, rather wait for something like that to get release than buy this pressing.
on July 12, 2013
First OF ALL , I agree with the quality of the singing etc. of all the 5 star reviews . these are true statements .

She wrote her own music , it is real music with real quality lyrics . These items are so sorely lacking in todays popular music .

What I want to focus on it the quality of the record recording . In many records EVEN when you first open them up , you hear pops and

crackles , especially in-between songs . this record is black quiet . it is GREAT . The mastering of the music , stereo separation

tone quality ambiance and depth are perfect .

This is the PERFECT RECORD to show off your record player and stereo system . IT IS AN AUDIOPLILLES DREAM RECORD
on February 19, 2016
Wow.

There's a lot of challenges to reviewing a record such as this, not the least of which are separating the music from the artist. Amy Winehouse lived a life that made understanding her difficult, if not impossible, which is probably as it should be. The greatest talents always shine in ways to which we aren't accustomed and are all too frequently gone before they can explain themselves in a way that makes sense.

Regardless of what preconceptions you have of Amy Winehouse as a person, celebrity, etc. there is one thing that is uncertain: this woman had talent and thankfully we have evidence of such in this record (among other recordings). Her voice on this record sounds like a forgotten scarlet from the past, who somehow manages to convey a sense of hurt, loss, cynicism, and sexiness in almost every song that has a musical backing that is almost equally as timeless as her voice.

While a relatively modern record, this could have just as likely have been released in the 60s, 70s, 80s, or...really any time. Classic, soul-infused and heartfelt throughout, it has a soul and depth that warrants replaying and constant rediscovery of its layers and complexities.