Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning billions billions billions  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Format: Vinyl|Change

Showing 1-10 of 963 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,442 reviews
on December 29, 2016
 One of Amy's best albums, this vinyl record does her justice! It's rare to find an album without one single bad track. Each song is amazing, conveying emotion and soul. Amy Winehouse, we miss you!

Some of my favorite tracks:
Rehab - Amy's most famous song. The one that made her a star internationally. Sounds wonderful on vinyl. It's a shame it's over-played.
Me & Mr. Jones - if you didn't know it, you'd think this is a song from the 60s sung by a soulful black woman. So much expression.
Just Friends - listen to it, no comment needed.
Back to Black - the album's namesake. If you know Amy's story, this song means even more. Again, I've never heard this song sound as good as it does on vinyl.
Wake Up Alone - my all-time favorite Amy Winehouse song. So much soul going on here. Her changes are just beautiful. On her posthumously released album, Lioness: Hidden Treasures, the original recording of this track was released. I think it's even better than this recording, but both are phenomenal. I included a video of this track, amazing.

A few issues with the record I received:
The spindle hole was too small. I nearly broke the record removing it from the turntable. I fixed it by inserting some scissors in the hole and giving it a spin.
The record was quite dirty when I took it out of the sleeve for the first time.
on August 28, 2016
Love the album, obviously. Low rating is for the very poor quality vinyl I received. I am by no means an audiophile and even I can tell this is really bad. Aside from the gritty, noisy sound quality, the most glaring issue is the vinyl is bent pretty bad. I can literally see the needle on my turn table bouncing up and down as the record turns. Hard to see in the picture, but one side of the album is lifted up off the table while the other lays flat. Really disappointed.
review image
on February 23, 2016
One star for Vinyl record only. Album itself is great.

Just like others have reviewed, quality of sound is terrible. Its as if they transferred sound from a cassette. It could be the original sound material was recorded by a garbage sound engineer because I am yet to hear a good sound quality transfer on any medium - stream,cd, vinyl. Google music stream is the best so far in terms of transfer but Vinyl is just garbage.

I hate all the new sound engineers - or is it the studios- who knows! None of the new records are going to sound great on vinyl. I also bought Adele 21 and its good but the stream on Google is far better. The older vinyls have just great quality. We recently bought Love Story soundtrack for $3 from an antique shop. The theme from the movie plays so well - as if someone is playing the piano and guitar in front of you. Compare that to overproduced, over engineered garbage that is featured on new albums - especially this one.
I love music and have a very diverse collection of styles and artists in my cd collection including a lot of artists popular in the UK not known here yet. For some reason I never discovered Amy Winehouse with her superb first release FRANK. Had I, I would have been a huge fan from the beginning. Instead, the same as many, I was introduced to her through the single REHAB which sadly came hand in hand with her strong addiction problems. The paparazzi had a field day with her. And the joke was she was singing about rehab when it seemed she so obviously needed it. Even with her Grammy wins I didn't purchase this album.

Regretfully, it took her very sad and untimely death with talk of her unique musical talents and gifts that I bought both FRANK and BACK TO BLACK. I have truly fallen in love with Amy. She indeed was a truly gifted artist. BACK TO BLACK is honestly one of the best albums I have ever heard. She wrote every track and by listening to this cd you can put all the gossip and drama aside and listen to Amy as an artist. It is very important to remember she wrote the lyrics to all these songs and it is obvious the poor woman wore her heart and soul on her sleeve. But for the listener it provided a great gift. The cd is a winner from beginning to end and speaks of love and relationships and all that comes with it. Her style combines retro soul with r&b and jazz with a hint of classic pop. It is a style new, unique and truly inspired. The songs BACK TO BLACK, LOVE IS A LOSING GAME and TEARS DRY ON THEIR OWN are instant classics. ME AND MR. JONES is a stunning and clever album cut. YOU KNOW I'M NO GOOD is also an instant classic and showns much insight into Amy's thoughts of herself. Listen to the words on the haunting WAKE UP ALONE and SOME UNHOLY WAR and you will feel so much what the life of this woman was like.

The song REHAB is not a defiant song to those trying to get her help but rather a declaration of how she thought it wouldn't help. She talks of what rehab would give her but she could get the same advice and support at home listening to music like Ray Charles and waiting for the sorrow to pass. In her mind it was all about love and heartbeak. If the sorrow could pass she would not have to use. Addiction is a very serious illness and whatever was really going on we need to acknowledge the very sad fact that this musically gifted person Amy Winehouse left us and this life way too early. For her sake she managed to leave a musical legacy behind with only 2 cds. She will live on through her music and because of her gifts as a songwriter and expressive, superbly diverse singer we will always see her as the person by the music. May you rest in peace Amy and hopefully all your demons have been silenced and you have found peace. But rest assured you will be remembered.
on March 20, 2017
It's All My Fault. I didn't open it till today its about 3 1/2 months later.It has some scratches AKA permanently Skips, so it wont let the last 3 songs play UGH...ITS WARPED... let me just say I own over 500 records I have been collection since I was 7 that's back in 76..I LOVE this on CD. On record I have to fine the right speed to play it, Thank Gd my record player has an adjustment level for speed, Or this would never sound right. I have to add that the record looked flat in the sleeve but put it on the player and WOW its warped. It spins in a wave.My collection of records have moved more then 18 times been in storage for yrs in the heat in the cold but NEVER have any of them warped ... I guess you never know buying over the internet. And the new records I hear are not the same speed or the same type of recordings as the old school, how could they be. This was my first new printing of a record since 1993. I love records ! I love the sounds they make but this one.. to perfect in sound,and you get dizzy watching it spin. I am disappointed in the quality. I will not be buying more records over the internet, and If I do change my mind I will play them the same day I get them in case this problem ever happens again. SO what I am saying is play them right away.
I hope this helped some one.

Amy, RIP.
on April 20, 2017
Amy Winehouse left us early. Amy could have become one of the greatest Blues singers of all time but unfortunately she left us. This album is one of the few albums which she left us. This album is one of the best albums that she left us. This album is a Blues classic.

Back to Black has awesome fast beat Blues songs for dance and it has slow beat Blues songs for your soul!

Back to Black is a Blues statement. It is so nostalgic yet so different. The horn instruments, the heavy drum beat and the fine retro arrangements plus Amy’s beautiful blues voice are what makes this album special.

The album is loaded with hits. It hits you deep in your soul. I always state that:

Blues is a state of mind; you must feel it deep in your bone marrow!

Well this album is definitely felt in the bone marrow! Deep in the bone marrow indeed.

Back to Black is a wonderfully arranged and superbly produced modern Blues album. The instrumentations and sound are loud, clear and fabulous. Amy truly gets dark here and displays an awesome retro Blues statement.

Amy Winehouse is surely missed. This album is already a Blues Classic.
on September 9, 2015
I have been a big fan of Amy Winehouse late 2005 or early 2006 before she hit the states as far as radio and TV airplay goes. Because I had friends of mine from Europe already had Frank and I heard back to black year before it came out in America because a lot of my friends were interns from the UK, Germany and Ireland . Which is where her music was played first and then after it got a huge amount airplay and they released it here in America . ( because Frank had been released in 2003 end back to black was released I believe in late 2005 or early 2006 everywhere else but America). Rehab I just got released late 2005 or early 2006 end a friend of mine Claire was listening to the remix with Jay-Z end I thought it was neat that Jay-Z was performing with the singer I've never heard of from the UK so when she played with the remix I loved it and I asked if she could burn me a copy of the CD end she did better than that purchased me a copy of the black be Deluxe Edition from Ireland before she went back home before her internship ended. Copied me Frank along with b-sides and I was Hock right then and there :-) back to black is my favorite part three releases, my three favorite songs on the this album have to be starting number one . Some unholy war two. Tears dry on their own three. Rehab . Now I know a lot of people probably with rehab on the top however every time I hear some unholy war ThinkI either put my record on that song at least twice when I have that record on or two the original and the Downtempo version back to back on my Kindle fire HDX for the CD and listen to it twice . Tears dry on their probably would've been number three up until five years ago, but after being in a relationship going through the hardest time of my life at that time to be in that relationship is why that song along with number one on my top three is why those two are probably the most meaningful to me whenever I listen to them . Who doesn't love rehab does not know all the words and sing along wrapping and Bob in their head cause it is a classic ?! :-) It is been seven years year and almost 8 years overseas that this album has been out and it is still number one on Amazon and the R&B, the R&B hip-hop chart, and contemporary chart be more CD and vinyl because of how amazing this album is on the Amazon sales rank...
on September 16, 2015
This review is specific to the vinyl record. The music on this album is great (but you probably already know that, you're here shopping for it). However, the record itself is poorly made. It is not concentric; when playing, the tone arm swings back and forth by half an inch on each revolution. It is a very noisy pressing, and the needle doesn't track well and causes distortion. Overall, disappointing.
For reference- I have a very nice turntable (Rega RP-3) and cartridge (Dynavector 10x5), the record is clean (although it was filthy out of the package), and the setup is perfect. The flaws I describe are definitely with the record, not the equipment.
on January 6, 2017
This record's presentation has an overall "cheap" design. There were no pamphlets that came with the record, if you care about that. Though I wouldn't remove a star for that, I thought it was worth noting. The press is of poor quality. Instead of nice 180-gram vinyl, it's pressed as the more standard disc. The press was also off. The further I got into the record, the more I could hear the problem. I noticed my tone arm moving back and forth a bit due to a warm in the record. This was much more apparent the further I got into a side, as the time it would take for the stylus to travel and be affected by the warp would become smaller. I sadly can not recommend this product.
on February 20, 2016
This vinyl is junk. Returned it twice. Don't bother, you'll just be disappointed. Had multiple skips on both sides and for a brand new item that's just not acceptable. After reading others comments I decided to not exchange it again and went for a CD instead.