- Actors: Michael J. Fox, Christopher Lloyd, Lea Thompson, Crispin Glover, Thomas F. Wilson
- Directors: Robert Zemeckis
- Writers: Robert Zemeckis, Bob Gale
- Producers: Bob Gale, Frank Marshall, Kathleen Kennedy, Neil Canton, Steven Spielberg
- Format: Closed-captioned, Color, NTSC
- Rated: Parental Guidance SuggestedPG
- Number of tapes: 1
- Studio: Universal Studios Ho
- VHS Release Date: September 14, 1989
- Run Time: 120 minutes
- Average Customer Review: 4.8 out of 5 stars See all reviews (4,095 customer reviews)
- ASIN: 6300184234
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #130,594 in Movies & TV (See Top 100 in Movies & TV)
Back to the Future [VHS]
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
Obviously the movie is there, it was always good quality and great 5.1 sound on the rest of the editions, and nothing has changed for this one. Now included is a whole heap of new extras.
There is an Audio Commentary from Bob Gale and Niel Canton. It is an actual commentary now, not just the Q&A audio that played to the movie, or separately as audio depending on which edition you had, that other one is still on here, but this 2nd commentary is brand new, not a re-run.
As far as I can tell, all the extras from the other editions are still here. I own a heap of copies of different releases for this movie, and I get a little confused with what was on what; but I know the American fans will be pleased that extra deleted scenes that where only viewable on the region 4 bonus disc (4th disc) are now included in this release.
In particular, the full version of the scene when Doc is asked if he has a permit, and Marty wonders if he will go home gay. It's a great and funny scene.
Also included is the footage of the back to the future ride that used to be at Universal Studios. I went on that ride in 1993 (who cares), and it was great to see it again. It has two videos for the ride, the first one is the video you would watch while waiting in line for the ride... it's like a news cast and security camera video telling you about Doc's 1 day ride into the future (fictional) and the second video is what you actually saw when on the ride as you chase Biff Tannin through time.Read more ›
The story itself is hardly original, but how it is told is outstanding. Not only that this film is funny, it succeeds in creating a certain atmosphere that is hard to describe. An atmosphere that you can feel and which distinguishes good movies from classics. You really connect with all the characters on screen. Michael J. Fox was born to play this role and Christopher Lloyd is simply sensationel as Doc Brown. They both will always be remembered because of this film. But let's not forget the supporting cast. Lea Thompson, Crispin Glover and of course Thomas F. Wilson are all the perfect choice for their parts. The score by Alan Silvestri and the Songs by Huey Lewis also became classics.
Each time someone asks me which movies I find the most entertaining of all time, I mention titles like: "Raiders of the Lost ark", "The Empire Strikes Back", some early Marx Brothers movies, "Pulp Fiction", and for sure "Back to the Future".
Back to the Future has so many clever moments and a sense of fun throughout the film. Michael J. Fox is excellent, and Christopher Lloyd is in trademark crazy scientist mode. Add Alan Silverstris' memorable score, Spielberg's nice homage's- the theatre in 1955 when Marty goes back in time is showing a double bill: "A Boy's Life" (the working title for Spielberg, Steven's E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial), and "Watch the Skies" (the working title for Spielberg's Close Encounters of the Third Kind (1977). The film, when it was released got excellent reviews, and became the biggest box-office hit of 1985. The sequels are great too, but this is still the best, and the most inventive.
I'm counting down the days till the DVD is released...
Most Recent Customer Reviews
A wonderful and fun movie. Still great to watch even after all these years.Published 15 days ago by tonya jankowski
We watched it on our family Dinner & a Movie night and thoroughly enjoyed it! A good, exciting and clean movie for the family.Published 20 days ago by NJA
Once the kids saw the first one, they had to see the rest. These are classics!Published 24 days ago by Anthony Babbitt
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Action & Adventure
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Comedy
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Science Fiction
- Movies & TV > Movies
- Movies & TV > Science Fiction & Fantasy
- Movies & TV > Science Fiction & Fantasy
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Universal Studios Home Entertainment > Action & Adventure
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Universal Studios Home Entertainment > All Universal Studios Titles
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Universal Studios Home Entertainment > Comedy
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Universal Studios Home Entertainment > Science Fiction & Fantasy