Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7, starting at $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 193 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 259 reviews
on January 21, 2016
I originally ordered this album on the Republic label. Found background noise on side two, returned it for refund. After MUCH research, trying to find the Euro 180g version, I took a chance with this on Amazon. Turns out this is it, although it's manufactured in the Czech Republic. I'm not giving it five stars, only because it was covered with mold release wax and FINGERPRINTS. Hey, I'm an expert at deep cleaning a vinyl record, did it, I'm happy. Those of you familiar with the content and looking for this particular version, considering the Amazon price, look no further, just be prepared to clean it up. Again, this is the Universal Island 180 gram import. The innersleeve contains the lyrics and the added photos. Keep in mind vinyl lovers, this is a vinyl version of a digital master, most likely the CD sounds the same if it's played on a high end unit.
review image
on April 2, 2016
This has the original artwork and comes in 180gr heavy vinyl, but it's not a reference disk. As other reviewers alread mentioned, the disk is quite dirty with lots of greasy finger prints. I had to wash it before playing it. Other than that, I hear more than usual number of pops.

Regarding the songs, it's one of my all time favorites. May she rest in peace, she had such a voice! I chose this version over the one that Amazon has, and I think with all of its shortcomings, I am going to keep it. Both versions are made in Czeck Republic, but this one has the original artwork and heavy vinyl. If you get the other one from Amazon, you also get the digital version for free (autorip).
review image review image review image review image review image
on March 14, 2016
This is the second time I purchased this record through Amazon. I first purchased it a few days after Christmas and upon receiving it, found out it skipped through nearly every song. However, trying not to be annoying, I just sent the record back for a refund. I did not complain not did I write a bad review. Now, months later, I gave it a second shot and ordered another copy of Back to Black and even chose DIFFERENT ALBUM ART to ensure that it would be a different copy and wouldn't skip. HOWEVER, this is the second copy and it ALSO SKIPS!!! now this is annoying.
This is my favorite of Amy Winehouse's all-too-scant body of work. Watching her in the gossip columns was like watching the light of an oncoming train heading right for her. And her addiction was the train. Of course, she was doomed. But we are doomed to having too little of her music, now and forever.

Her edgy mix of Billie Holiday style growling blues, doo-wop and girl group bounce, along with her own modern twist is retro and yet completely modern.Like her sailor tattoos, you've seen them before, only--not Amy's way. I think my favorite song on the album is the title track "Back to Black"-- a song about rejection in a love affair that had no hope to begin with. For a month, I think I listened to it every night.
on December 8, 2014
This review is for the Pure Audio Blu Ray, not the album. The Album, Back To Black, is 5 stars. I bought this and immediately sold it after listening to it once. I didn't think the sound was any better than the cd we have. I've purchased several of these Pure Audio Blu Ray Audio discs, and overall they are a disappoint. Quadrophenia, by The Who, which is in 5.1 surround sound and stereo, is the best one I've purchased. GRRRR by the Rolling Stones (stereo) is pretty good, but the sound is not exceptional. I just bought the Bryan Adams Reckless, which does have a 5.1 mix. It was just okay, not a great improvement over the cd. I have a very good sound system with Magnapan speakers. I wish that Pure Audio would improve their sound. Overall, these Blu Ray Audio's are not as good as other audiophile discs I have, such as SACD, DVD Audio. The best sounding Blu Ray Audio remaster I have is Tom Petty's Damn The Torpedos, which is awesome. This company must be using inferior equipment, or something, but the sound should be better.
on May 23, 2016
I love nearly every song on this whole album. This is the European version of this album which has "Addicted" as the bonus track instead of the U.S. version which has the "I'm No Good" remix. The only difference in the I'm No Good remix is that it has a rapper in the beginning that just says "yo" a couple times, which in my opinion is the most freaking retarded remix I have ever heard, and I'm almost confused as to why some stupid record producer thought that the remix was different enough from the original that it needed to be added as a "bonus" track. It's basically getting the same song on there twice. So this European version is in my opinion the best one.
on January 26, 2016
This pressing here, with the original album artwork and tracklisting, is far superior to the version found at the link below:

It plays much more smoothly, has less skips, and contains an overall better sound quality than the version with 1k+ reviews on Amazon. The sleeve which holds the disc inside has song lyrics and some beautiful pictures of Amy, as well as the album's liner notes. A true gem! If you decide to buy a copy of Back to Black on wax, which I highly suggest you do, make sure you buy this version!!
review image
on March 14, 2016
Poor Quality all around! Worst Mixing and Mastering possible all in pristine 24/96. Harsh brittle sound with no imaging whatsoever. I feel totally suckered.
on October 4, 2011
Is this import worth the extra cost vs. the US version? Definitely yes. Why?

1) Bonus CD: Wow. Short (~23 minutes) and sweet. Really, really, sweet.

2) Bonus track: "Addicted", a melodic, whimsical track added to the album (though you do lose the remixed "You Know I'm no Good").

3) Sound quality: slightly fuller and smoother.

4) Booklet: 12 pages (vs. 8), including a half-dozen extra photos.

Under normal circumstances, the above factors might not be worth the extra cost (or worth buying this import even if you already own the US version, as I did). But given Winehouse's tragic early death, it's a worthy upgrade.
on January 14, 2017
great album...mastering for bluray sucks. There is a ton of distortion; the original MP3 version I purchased sounds better.