Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7, starting at $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Format: Audio CD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 223 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 268 reviews
on May 5, 2013
Anthony Hamilton is one of my favorite male vocalists - I love the grit & soul of his voice. With all of the label drama that he's endured, it's a wonder he hasn't quit the business and for that fans of his music are eternally grateful. This album is damn near as close to perfection as any I've heard recently - I don't skip over any of the songs. The lyrics are heartfelt from a man's perspective without the childish "swag boy" lyrics other r&b males' albums are littered with and Anthony hasn't compromised his artistry by straddling a line between pop/dance tracks and r&b tracks - this is a straight up, magnificent soul/r&b album sung by another criminally underrated artist in today's music scene.

I truly enjoy the entire album but my favorite tracks are:

I'LL WAIT FOR LOVE
WOO
SUCKA FOR LOVE
I'M READY
PRAY FOR ME
LIFE HAS A WAY
on December 15, 2011
On the cover of the new Anthony Hamilton album it highlights the songs "Woo", "Never Let Go", featuring Keri Hilson, "Pray For You", and "Sucka For You" as the standouts. Not withstanding, these are all great songs. But in my opinion the most memorable songs that will stick with you the most are tracks 2,"Writing on the Wall", track 7,"Mad", and the soon to be classic ballads, track 8, "I'll Wait(To Fall in Love)", and track 10, "Baby Girl". This brother was obviously singing about past experiences(highs and lows) the way only he can, from his heart and soul. This album easily rivals any of his earlier achievements, including "Ain't Nobody Worrying", "The Point of it All", and "Comin From Where I'm From" as his very best work. Along with Jaheim, with apologies to John Legend, Anthony Hamilton has to be considered one of the best R&B singers of his time. And "Back to Love" does nothing to disprove it. Nowadays very few albums live up to expectations. This gem not only meets, but surpasses them. The legend grows. Next stop, the Grammys.
on March 6, 2012
Where do I start to describe Anthony Hamilton's "Back To Love" CD?

Well, I am a lover of lyrics and soulful sounds; and, this man (here) lays it all down with lyrics that describe us men's everyday pursuit of that perfect woman (and relationship).

"Back To Love" is not only the title of the album but the first track to start the mood that allows us to see falling in love again.

"Writing On The Wall" describes gossip about your woman who is doing you wrong but she has you so mesmerized that you do not wish to hear the rumors (or the truth).

"Woo" gives the details of you being compelled by a temptress.

I can go on and on, but I should allow you to come to your own understanding of Anthony Hamilton's album of strong instrumental intros, powerful delivered lyrics and just a soulful aura.
on April 10, 2014
When Anthony Hamilton finally broke through in 2003 with "Comin' Where I Come From" an unlikely southern soul star of the 60s kind was born. He became critically and commercially acclaimed even triggering his previous other attempts at stardom, to reignite.
He has become the favorite go to soul star for acts like Santana and Jill Scott. To his credit, he wasn't just the flavor of the month, but, made solidly strong records.
Merging classic southern soul with hip hop, he has tapped into his own brand. "Back to Love" is another winning entry for him. In a continually shaky commercial climate, his raw numbers have remain relatively stable.
"Back to Love" features his hit duet with Jill Scott.
on January 5, 2015
Some of Anthony Hamilton's best work.

I love Anthony Hamilton's voice and depth of feeling he puts into all his music. For such a short person, he sings like a talented 6'5" person.

This CD contains NO bad cuts. I listen to it over and over. Still gives me great pleasure. The versatility of the songs, the other artists who contributed to CD, the musical instruments heard, the arrangements of the songs are splendid.

I feel the same about the Soulife CD.

Excellent, excellent, excellent. Riding in my car or jamming at home-both CDs are top choices for me.
on April 11, 2016
I love Anthony's voice but I was disappointed with this cd. There's only two songs that I really like, "Best of Me" and "I'll Wait for You to Fall in Love." His voice wasn't the problem I just don't care for the songs that his writers put together for him. This man has one of the best voices in the world so he deserves superb songs. I'll just continue to play the two songs that I mentioned to death.
on December 19, 2011
I've been a fan of Anthony Hamilton since the first time I heard him. The thick, soulfulness in his voice just makes me want to stand back with my hands on my hips and say, "who does this guy think he is!" And as a fan I'm a loyal supporter of those I like. So when I purchased "Back to Love" I really wasn't sure what I was going to get. I figured, with every CD he keeps getting better, so how far can this dude go? Well, I must say two humbling words: HOT DANG!!! Anthony hit the moon with this one!!! It has been on repeat for almost a week now and I REFUSE to hit the stop button. Hands down, this CD gets my vote for best of 2011! It's one of those CD's that just make you want love in your life - the good and not so good of it. Clearly, I'm smitten. Simply, smitten!
on May 18, 2017
Anthony Hamilton never disappoints
on May 28, 2017
I am a fan of his music
on August 4, 2017
One of a kind artist there is no better artist in the industry today going all the way back to The Nappy Roots, "All his life he will never be poor!" A.H. speaks to my soul.