Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon ballerss3 ballerss3  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 39 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 157 reviews
on June 3, 2017
Excellent music, as usual with Van. The cassette box broke the first time I opened it, but that doesn't detract from the music!
on June 6, 2017
I'm a seventies girl!
on June 23, 2011
While I have always liked Van Morrison's beautiful voice and knew his big hits ( Moondance, Tupelo Honey, Brown-Eyed Girl) I had never heard an entire album of his until this one. I have listened to this CD every day for the past week and cannot get enough of the haunting Philosopher's Stone. Also love When the Leaves Come Falling Down, Golden Autumn Day, Precious Time.

I will say that the first time I heard the album, I was not thrilled. But I decided to give the album another listen and liked it more and more each time I heard it. As a long-time Dylan fan it is a rare album by another artist that I want to hear over and over but this one qualifies. I just ordered Moondance; have to check out VM a bit more.

The bonus song "Valley of Tears" is a treat.(written by Fats Domino)
on March 1, 2016
Songwriter extraordinaire,if all you know about Van Morrison is that he wrote Brown Eyed GIrl, I feel for you dude. This is my favorite Van Morrison CD. This CD arrived in good condition in a proper case, thanks
on July 20, 2017
fabulous
VINE VOICEon January 20, 2014
I heard "Reminds Me of You" on Pandora and instantly tried to buy it. I was disappointed to find that it was not available for download, even from Amazon. Pandora kept tormenting me by playing it. Eventually I bought the disk. The rest of it is good, but that song alone was worth the price.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 3, 2015
Amazon has a great music selection and great prices. I like especially that they give you downloads too along with the hard copy. I don't believe in buying electronic music and not have a hard copy. Sorry Apple.
on May 17, 2013
I am really enjoying this Van Morrison CD. I bought it used through Amazon and I am completely satisfied. In fact, not sure if the seller caught this, but the used CD I was sent is signed by Van Morrison. I did an internet search on Morrison's signature and sure enough, it is his signature. Not bad for 8 bucks!!
on November 25, 1999
Van Morrison packs interesting ballads into this CD. The sound patterns are simple, underlined at times by a Hammond organ. We've listened to this CD well over a hundred times, and it continues to be a pleasure to hear songs like "When the Leaves come falling down" and "Philosophers Stone." Out of the 10 songs, we pretty much like 8 of them, and that alone justifies five stars. Folks not familiar with Van Morrison, may have to listen through the album a few times to fine-tune their ears. But once you're into it, the lyrics tell stories about life and at times they really work on your soul. The music is uncomplicated and the rhythm is easy going in typical blues mode. We think you'll enjoy this CD.
on November 3, 2014
I have read other reviews of this recording and I think they are incorrect. This is a very good recording and for those that compare it to the early 60s they just need to move on. This is worth buying.