- Shipping Information: View shipping rates and policies
- ASIN: B0171WQHRY
- Average Customer Review: 4.4 out of 5 stars See all reviews (39 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #78,647 in Sports & Outdoors (See Top 100 in Sports & Outdoors) Product Warranty: For warranty information about this product, please click here
Backcountry Access BC Link Group Communication System
|Price:||$128.00 - $279.50|
- Radio includes option for pre-set channel selections
- Glove-friendly controls, optimized for easy handling
- Smart Mic Unit provides push-to-talk button, on/off switch, volume control, battery indicator, loudspeaker, channel selection, and an earphone jack
- Base unit is waterproof to IP56 standards
- Radio operates on 22 FRS GMRS channels + 121 sub-channels, ensuring minimal interference
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
FEATURES of the Backcountry Access BC Link Group Communication System Radio includes option for pre-set channel selections Glove-friendly controls, optimized for easy handling Smart Mic Unit provides push-to-talk button, on/off switch, volume control, battery indicator, loudspeaker, channel selection, and an earphone jack Base unit is waterproof to IP56 standards Radio operates on 22 FRS GMRS channels 121 sub-channels, ensuring minimal interference
Top customer reviews
Good battery life, can go on a long weekend and not worry about having to charge
Good range, could talk to friends all over Jackson Hole while resort skiing
Weather proof, don't need to worry about snow/water in the mic
Included lapel mic, such a luxury to be able to have the mic outside of your bag and ready to go
Weather channels, excellent to stay on top of weather when your out of cell range
Charging, there is no signal that the unit is charging or that it's done. You have to turn on the unit, which can only be done from the mic to get any feedback. That means charging the radio with the mic attached. If you have multiple radios it can get a little cumbersome.
No option to use the unit without the lapel mic, sometimes you just don't need it, would be nice to have a PTT feature on the main unit
No option to even turn on the unit without the mic.
The connection between the lapel mic and main unit is not the best. I have cracked the plastic post that the mic locks onto. Still works but metal on metal would be nice
So what I'd like to see changed:
Stronger connection between mic and main unit
A way to turn on the main unit by itself and use it without the lapel mic
Since the radio is two parts, I'd like to see the option to buy replacement main units or mics separately if one should break. I don't think this option exists at this time. Maybe you can contact BCA but I haven't tried yet.
All in all pretty good units and fortunately for BCA there are few other options for Joe Consumer like me. I'd love to get my Ham license but that would require that all of my family and friends do as well. I'm reasonably certain these are the best radios you can get for the average backcountry user, but there are definitely some things that can be improved