Backyard Safari Cargo Vest
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.99. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
|You Save:||$1.33 (7%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Rugged poly-twill fabric with reinforced detail
- Enough pockets and rings to carry all of your essential field gear
- 2 cargo pockets with Velcro enclosures, zipper pocket with mesh outer pouch, 4 sturdy D rings and a clear front pocket
- Includes a vest and an adventure guide
- Recommended for children 6 years of age and older
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Backyard Safari Cargo Vest
At a Glance
- Vest features rugged poly-twill fabric with reinforced detail
- (4) cargo pockets and (4) D-rings
- 2-inch zipper pocket with mesh-net outer pocket
- A must-have for every Backyard Safari kid
- Recommended for children age 6 and up
It's your most essential piece of field gear. It's rugged, and tough enough for all of your outdoor adventures. This vest has rings and pockets to load up for nature walks, hikes, or general exploring all year round, whether at home, school, in clubs, on family vacation, or at camp.
Backyard Safari represents an authentic line of children’s outdoor and nature gear. Young ones can explore nature while camping out, hiking, or even just walking home from school. Backyard Safari offers products to find, observe and capture the critters who share our world. With Base Camp Shelters, canteens and lanterns young pioneers can camp out for hours, day or night. Whether your safari takes place in the park, at the campground, on the beach or even your own backyard, you’ll be geared up and ready for action! Backyard Safari is a member of the ALEX Brands Family.
Start Your Safari!
There’s a big world out there waiting to be explored. When you head out on your next adventure, follow these essential field tips to stay safe and be responsible:
- Wear Proper Clothing: Wear appropriate shoes and clothing to protect you and keep you warm, or cool, depending on the weather.
- Travel With Others: There’s safety in numbers and it’s a lot more fun. There should always be at least two or three people in your group.
- Pack Emergency Gear: Always carry a whistle, a flashlight, and a first aid kit. Use your whistle to call for help if you get separated from your group.
- Carry Water & Food: Drinking water keeps you hydrated. A small snack will keep you comfortable and energized.
- Know Where You’Re Going: Ask for directions and don’t travel where someone can’t see you or find you. Always be sure you can find your way back.
- Clean Up After Yourself: Leave things looking as good or better than you found them. Carry your own trash and dispose of it properly.
- Be Kind To Nature: Never harm plants, animals or other wildlife. Ask permission when collecting specimens. Leave everything else untouched.
- Be Responsible: Protect the environment. Everything in nature should be respected—trees, plants, fish, birds, even rocks! Don’t cause damage and never start a fire!
- Tell Your Parents: Make sure your parents or other adults know where you’ll be and when you’re coming back. Better yet…invite them along for the adventure!
Backyard Safari Cargo Vest is rugged and tough for all of your outdoor adventures! This vest features plenty of cargo pockets, which means lots of space to gear up. 4 D-rings let you clip and hang even more essential equipment. A large zipper pocket stores your binocs and a clear-view chest pocket stores your Pop-Up Field Guides. Binoculars and compass are sold separately. Use this cargo vest to proudly display your exclusive, collectible patches to show what a true nature expert you are! It's the must-have for every Backyard Safari kid! Recommended for children 6 years of age and older.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
As a grandmother who also sews, I found the vest to be reasonably well made, with plenty of pockets. My granddaughter found it absolutely thrilling to have an "adventure vest". It's not so thick and bulky that she would risk heat stroke to wear it in summer, I would not recommend it as any kind of protection for cold weather, but it currently fits her loosely enough for her to wear a sweatshirt under it if the weather is cool.
The pockets provide ample places for all of the treasures a youngster could find and want to examine better. We didn't buy any of the gadgets to go with it, like plastic binoculars etc. but she doesn't care--it has the magical and mysterious pockets just begging to be filled. It was the ideal gift to give a child who participates in outdoor activities such as hiking, camping, or even fishing, and enhances those mutually shared activities.
Most recent customer reviews
He loves it!