CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
Backyard Safari Cargo Vest
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $6.17. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Rugged poly-twill fabric with reinforced detail
- Enough pockets and rings to carry all of your essential field gear
- 2 cargo pockets with Velcro enclosures, zipper pocket with mesh outer pouch, 4 sturdy D rings and a clear front pocket
- Includes a vest and an adventure guide
- Recommended for children 6 years of age and older
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Backyard Safari Cargo Vest
At a Glance
- Vest features rugged poly-twill fabric with reinforced detail
- (4) cargo pockets and (4) D-rings
- 2-inch zipper pocket with mesh-net outer pocket
- A must-have for every Backyard Safari kid
- Recommended for children age 6 and up
It's your most essential piece of field gear. It's rugged, and tough enough for all of your outdoor adventures. This vest has rings and pockets to load up for nature walks, hikes, or general exploring all year round, whether at home, school, in clubs, on family vacation, or at camp.
Backyard Safari represents an authentic line of children’s outdoor and nature gear. Young ones can explore nature while camping out, hiking, or even just walking home from school. Backyard Safari offers products to find, observe and capture the critters who share our world. With Base Camp Shelters, canteens and lanterns young pioneers can camp out for hours, day or night. Whether your safari takes place in the park, at the campground, on the beach or even your own backyard, you’ll be geared up and ready for action! Backyard Safari is a member of the ALEX Brands Family.
Start Your Safari!
There’s a big world out there waiting to be explored. When you head out on your next adventure, follow these essential field tips to stay safe and be responsible:
- Wear Proper Clothing: Wear appropriate shoes and clothing to protect you and keep you warm, or cool, depending on the weather.
- Travel With Others: There’s safety in numbers and it’s a lot more fun. There should always be at least two or three people in your group.
- Pack Emergency Gear: Always carry a whistle, a flashlight, and a first aid kit. Use your whistle to call for help if you get separated from your group.
- Carry Water & Food: Drinking water keeps you hydrated. A small snack will keep you comfortable and energized.
- Know Where You’Re Going: Ask for directions and don’t travel where someone can’t see you or find you. Always be sure you can find your way back.
- Clean Up After Yourself: Leave things looking as good or better than you found them. Carry your own trash and dispose of it properly.
- Be Kind To Nature: Never harm plants, animals or other wildlife. Ask permission when collecting specimens. Leave everything else untouched.
- Be Responsible: Protect the environment. Everything in nature should be respected—trees, plants, fish, birds, even rocks! Don’t cause damage and never start a fire!
- Tell Your Parents: Make sure your parents or other adults know where you’ll be and when you’re coming back. Better yet…invite them along for the adventure!
Backyard Safari Cargo Vest is rugged and tough for all of your outdoor adventures! This vest features plenty of cargo pockets, which means lots of space to gear up. 4 D-rings let you clip and hang even more essential equipment. A large zipper pocket stores your binocs and a clear-view chest pocket stores your Pop-Up Field Guides. Binoculars and compass are sold separately. Use this cargo vest to proudly display your exclusive, collectible patches to show what a true nature expert you are! It's the must-have for every Backyard Safari kid! Recommended for children 6 years of age and older.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The construction itself is ok. I wish the fabric was a little more sturdy but for the sale price it's ok. For the full price it could improve in this part. However, it's not flimsy and still can get good wear out of it. I'll definitely hand wash this lightly when needed the washer would probably destroy it. I'm hoping the clips hold up. If they don't I'll try to come up with a simple replacement.
I have 7 and 5 and 3 year olds and the fit is fine. The older ones are fairly thin and not too tall for their age. It's big on the 3 year old but cute none the less (didn't purchase one for him but tried it on).
I paired this up with their 6 in 1 tool for little geologist, our own field guides, and additional items we already had such as binoculars, little notebooks and pencil etc.
We haven't had it for long, but will update as needed.