Salon Beauty Best Books of the Month Women's Block Sandals nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Electronics Gift Guide Fire TV Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon theaffairS4 theaffairS4 theaffairS4  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on August 21, 2011
I love Mari Mancusi's Blood Coven series so it came as no surprise that I liked this one just as much as the others. They are all so light and funny and I adore the sisters! It is great that Mancusi goes back and forth between the sisters points of view for each book. I enjoy getting to read their hilarious adventures! They have a strong bond with one another and I delight in seeing them work together in every book to help solve the others problems. If you haven't yet tried the Blood Coven series, I highly recommend that you do!

Sunny and Rayne are at it again in Bad Blood. In Bad Blood, Sunny in the narrator. Sunny's boyfriend Magnus is being forced to take a blood mate and Sunny can't do anything to stop it. When she meets Jane, his future blood mate, she is instantly suspicious. Sure, it may just be jealousy at first but when she begins to question Jane, she discovers that Jane may not be the person that she claims to be. This leads Sunny and Rayne on an adventure to Las Vegas where they investigate Jane, and in the process, discover much about her dad and his family. Sunny and Rayne definitely have their work cut out for them in Bad Blood.

Bad Blood is just the type of read I need after reading a heavy story. It is so light and hilarious! Sunny and Rayne always get themselves into trouble when they are together and I love it! Sure, some of the things they do are a bit unrealistic, but it somehow works for the storyline. They have such a strong bond with one another and even though they fight, they still come through for each other in the end.

Bad Blood isn't a phenomenal story, but it is funny, sweet, and enjoyable. I know what I am getting into when I start a book in the Blood Coven series! I don't have to over think anything and can just sit back and enjoy the ride. Don't miss out on Mari Mancusi's Blood Coven series! You won't regret giving the series a shot!
on May 7, 2013
Review:

I am getting close to the end of the series. Ok halfway through anyways. Another good one is check off my list. This installment takes place in Vegas and is a lot of fun, we have jealousy, surprises, and of course some funny business going on and Sunny and Rayne's life just keeps getting more and more complicated.

Long Story Short:

Magnus heads to Vegas to a vampire convention (teehee) and his new candidate for co-ruler, Jane, tags along, things get a little complicated. Sunny has a jealous side that she has kept hidden pretty well. Sunny feels there is something strange about Jane. She doesn't seem to be on the up and up and this is cause for some action so she and Rayne decided to take a trip to Vegas to spy, I mean visit their father. In Vegas they get way more than they bargained for as secrets and more secrets are revealed.

My Thoughts:

I feel like my reviews for this series just keep getting shorter but it seems that there isn't much to say beyond giving the book away that I have not already said in my previous reviews. These book are way fun and I love them. I can't help it.

The author's writing style remains steady, the plot keeps thickening, we meet new characters and revisit old ones, and the book ends on a cliffhanger that totally made my draw drop.

This installment was a bit slower for me than the rest and I can't really place my finger on why. I love the setting, Vegas is always fun. I loved all the secrets and finding out more about the girls' father. It was crazy to see Sunny in such a fit over Magnus having a co-ruler. It would have made everything easier if Sunny had stayed a vampire, but the complications are what keep the stories interesting.

Rayne was up to her mood swings full blast in this book. She didn't like the truth about her father one bit and she was not afraid to show it. She did find ways to occupy her time and to get into a little bit of trouble along the way though. Same old Rayne for sure.

I enjoyed the book very much but it did feel like a bit of a build up book for the next installment. This one read a bit on the slow side for me compared to the other books. I definitely see a bigger story brewing and can't wait to find out more.

In the End:

Of course I loved it and will keep on reading this series.
on March 1, 2011
Book four is called bad blood and it is in Sunny's point of view once again. Sunny is pissed that her boy friend magnus didn't tell her he was taking on a new blood mate. And it just got worse for her the biteing ceromony is taking place this friday in vagas. The girl is lying about who she is and were she came from. Sunny wants to go to Vegas to expose her but magnus thinks shes just jealous and refuses to let her come along. So she goes to rayne who comes up with a plain. They tell there mom they want to go see there dad who just happens to live in Vegas. And off they go to see there dad and meet there step mom and her kids. But dads not there and they learn they have not only a step sister but a half sister who's eleven years old both are struck with pain since there dad only split four years ago.Rayne spends the whole trip gamboling. Sunny joins this play to learn more about the girl Jane whos so close to being sceond in comand of the blood coven. She meets Jayden who's seems to be her soul mate who would be in another life. Together they bring down an evil vamp whose working with Jane to take over the blood coven. Jane is exposed , they learn she killed her twin. That it was her twin who was the perfect fit for the blood coven not her. Rayne ends up staking the her and all is saved. Jayden is hurt from helping kill the evil vamp who was helping Jane. Sunny doesn't know what to do she likes him but he convinces her to give magnus a chance. She ends up giving him a kiss good by and magnus sees. She quickly pulls some damage control and things will hopefully be fine they both make promises. She performs in a real play and after, her parents brake the news that her and rayne are both faerie princesses.
on February 16, 2011
In the 4th installment of the Blood Coven Novels. Sunny is enjoying being loved by the Blood Coven Leader Magnus and school and just enjoying being the girlfriend to the Leader of the local vampires Sunny happiness is taken a curve when she discovers the Council and in all their wisdom has decided Magnus is to take a blood mate to help him run the coven. Not that a good admin would have worked better!! In walks Jane Johnson a so called magna cum laude graduate from Oxford University. Sunny is not happy with this for one Magnus didn't warn Sunny and two Jane just shows up like her and Magnus are a couple!! Sunny is not the jealous type but her something tells her Jane is not who she is and when Sunny trys to explain her concerns about jane to Magnus and also Rayne they both start thinking she is jealous. Sunny is left to do her own investiagtion. With what happened to lucifent blood mate in the back of her mind and magnus and jane leaving to las vegas for the conference and blood mating ceremony mer days away Sunny drags Rayne to Vegas to do some investigation of her own and with her father living there this is the perfect way to see her father and finding out who this "Jane" is. While Rayne is out gambling it is up to sunny. For some reason Bad Blood was a real quick read I have never been in Las Vegas so reading was fun for me. Sunny is just as funny as Rayne and very sweet and Magnus is lucky to have a girlfriend go what sunny goes thru it is a good read to move on to the next book.
on March 10, 2011
Bright lights,Gambling,Elvis,Viva Las Vegas baby.Road trip time for Sunny+Rayne.When they get there,there's a little surprise waiting for them.Magnus in trouble?Sunny,broken hearted?Rayne,gambling?Things miss out on?Jealously,deception. Things that are thrown together in Bad Blood.Don't miss the 4th book in the "Blood Coven Vampires" Series. Corvus_EG
on July 17, 2016
Excellent. A+
on November 10, 2014
I loved this book so much. could not put.it down. can't wait to read the next one ever one should read this series.
on August 11, 2012
IF YOU ENJOY THE SUPERNATURAL NO MATTER WHAT KIND, THIS A BOOK FOR YOU. THE TITLE MAY SEEM A BIT DIFFERENT BUT THE BOOK AND IT'S MESSAGE IS EXICTING AND ENTERTAINING.. A MUST READ!
on April 27, 2016
i really like this book. good book. i recommended it to a few friends
on February 8, 2016
i loved this series wish there were more.