- File Size: 165185 KB
- Print Length: 144 pages
- Publisher: Scholastic Press (December 27, 2016)
- Publication Date: December 27, 2016
- Sold by: Scholastic Trade Publisher
- Language: English
- ASIN: B01H4RAOHA
- Text-to-Speech: Not enabled
- Word Wise: Not Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #11,503 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
|Print List Price:||$5.99|
Save $2.00 (33%)
Scholastic Trade Publisher
Price set by seller.
Your Memberships & Subscriptions
The Bad Guys (The Bad Guys #1) Kindle Edition
|Length: 144 pages||Age Level: 7 - 10||Grade Level: 2 - 5|
Kindle e-ReadersFire Tablets
- Due to its large file size, this book may take longer to download
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
More items to explore
* "[T]his book instantly joins the classic ranks of Captain Underpants and The Stinky Cheese Man. We challenge anyone to read this and keep a straight face." -- Kirkus Reviews, starred review
Praise for The Bad Guys
* "Blabey has hit the proverbial nail on the head, kissed it full on the mouth, and handed it a stick of Acme dynamite . . .[T]his book instantly joins the classic ranks of Captain Underpants and The Stinky Cheese Man. We challenge anyone to read this and keep a straight face." -- Kirkus Reviews, starred review
Praise for Pearl Barley and Charlie Parsley
* "Splendid visual treatment. . . .Make sure to note Charlie's wonderfully expressive eyebrows; they, like this book, stand out." -- Kirkus Reviews, starred review"
Praise for "Pearl Barley and Charlie Parsley"
* "Splendid visual treatment. . . .Make sure to note Charlie's wonderfully expressive eyebrows; they, like this book, stand out." -- "Kirkus Reviews," starred review
--This text refers to the library edition.
From the Back Cover
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
They were both excited to start the books. One turned to me after opening the present and said “you want me to read a chapter book?!”
Fast forward to reading at home with some help from mom. Turns out they both love these books! The books are pretty thick and worth the price. Will definitely be purchasing the rest of the series.
Will even be passing the book onto my nine year old nephew who has dyslexia and is just learning to read- the pages and text are not too overwhelming and will update my review with his experience of the book.
I see some of the lower star reviews saying “fart humor” is bad- the book is about being able to change yourself to be a better person. Did these people read the book? Or are they so offended that a fart joke does it for them now? This book was written for kids- and kids tend to find fart jokes funny- it’s a phase we all go through.
Would recommend for kids who are transitioning to chapter books, who love to read, who love to laugh, or if you’re looking for a nighttime book to read with your kiddos.
The words and vocabulary are easy to read and he loves the premise of these "bad guys" trying to be good. And of course a little bit of crude (e.g passing gas) humor also added to the merriment.
I will definitely be buying more of these. True, it's not fine literature, but he's enjoying reading and that to me is what matters.
Can you imagine a shark, a crazy snake, a wolf and a piranha saving the lives of 10,000 chickens? That's just what happens in the book The Bad Guys by Aaron Blabey. A group of four carnivores decides to change its image. They don't want people to think they are BAD. So, they rescue a cat stuck on a tree, give a freedom to 200 frightened dogs from the dog pound and 10,000 chickens locked on the farm. But not everybody likes their good deeds. Will they survive from the evil plans of the chicken farm owner, Mr. Marmalade, and save the world from apocalypse? With its simple hilarious illustrations and easy to read language this book will make laugh hysterically all 5-7 year old kids who love comic books and fantasy. And they will ask for more books.
When the book first arrived my son skeptically looked at it and said "the pictures don't have any color" to which I replied, thats ok, you get to imagine the colors! We started reading it right away neither one of them allowed me to put it down until we had finished. It was a fairly quick read. We've had it a week or two and it has been read cover to cover 4+ times and my 6 year old is constantly picking it up and reading parts and giggling.
I love its message of changing a misunderstanding and making the bad guys good.
*it's slightly crude and sarcastic* it says "Fart" and might be a little bit sassy in the text. But we use the word fart in our home so I didn't find it offensive. Its also the part my son keeps giggling at.
We will definitely be ordering more of these books!
Top international reviews
I'm hoping that this series improves after this.
This series has easy to read, awesome pictures and lot of humor. My daughter loves to read the chapters and is a book for re reads as well.
It has 130 pages but the story is like 25 pages ,not 25 less than that. It's only for 5-7 years who are more than that it will be a terrible book to read