Your Garage Fall Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Discover it Bon Iver Starting at $39.99 Halloween Candy Wedding Store Tailgate-Garden Amazon Football TV Wall Mounting CrisisinSixScenes CrisisinSixScenes CrisisinSixScenes  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 All-New Kindle for Kids Edition RollingStones Shop Now
Customer Discussions > Syndicate forum

Bad demo

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 56 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 31, 2012 8:09:29 PM PST
D. Guenther says:
Just played the demo and will not be getting this one. Seemed like we replayed that level about 50 times and it was set to normal. Felt like another run of the mill FPS. Anyone else think the same?

Posted on Jan 31, 2012 8:29:54 PM PST
N. Johnson says:
I liked it. I didn't at first, but got a group of guys who were decent and had a blast. Once you get used to the controls and weapons, it's pretty fun IMO.

Posted on Jan 31, 2012 10:58:10 PM PST
MD says:
I thought the demo was weak. Bargain bin for me.

Posted on Feb 1, 2012 5:31:45 AM PST
I enjoyed it. It was confusing the first couple times because I could not figure out how to do anything but breach. But then I figured out how to use other powers. You definitely need teamwork in this game. Because if you go running in you will get mowed down. I just hung back and healed my teammates and sniped. Also, I like you have to breach "bosses" to take down their armor. It is an interesting game and I am excited for its release.

Posted on Feb 1, 2012 9:08:59 AM PST
Satoru S. says:
I didnt like it at all , I will just go play cod , bf3 and maybe complete rage. This game didnt really offer anything new. If I want 4 player co-play I also have gears to have that cover.
The demo hands down sucked.

Posted on Feb 1, 2012 5:16:10 PM PST
Fred Roach says:
The demo let me down

Posted on Feb 1, 2012 11:18:20 PM PST
The demo was great if you actually use the tools they give you and work as a team.

If you play it like hurr durr CoD I could see why you wouldn't like it. I couldn't believe how many of my teammates 6 games in STILL didn't know how to heal/revive teammates.

Posted on Feb 2, 2012 6:20:39 AM PST
Terrible demo, cancelled my pre order. $20 promotional credit not enough for this one...

Posted on Feb 2, 2012 11:44:00 AM PST
PNeafsey says:
I thought the demo was very good, but there was no instructions or training, just tossed you in. I liked the level, straight forward but good demonstration of how everyone had to work together. Once I got into a group of 3 others who were communicating and working together we blew through it.

Pay attention and learn to use the "breaching" and healing.

Posted on Feb 2, 2012 12:36:38 PM PST
M. Weir says:
I enjoyed it once I knew what the hell I was doing. It's frustrating to be in a group who doesn't, or be in a group with "that guy": the guy who rushes ahead killing everything trying to get the most points and then he dies. I can see the potential here. Upgrading gear look promising too. As an MMO fan I liked how you could activate certain enhancements and heal members of your party - very unique for a shooter. On my radar for sure. $20 promotion also.

Posted on Feb 3, 2012 6:20:53 AM PST
Brendan says:
I like the demo a lot. It was different than a lot of other FPS games. I play BF3 a lot and while that game has better graphics and a little bit better shooting style, it's unfair to compair it 1 for 1 with a game like this. Syndicate offers the different methods of breaching, healing, being forced to take down armor, and gun upgrades that you have to research.

This is just a different type of FPS game and I am definitely a fan. I'm really excited to get it but if you are a run-and-gun kind of shooter who dies a lot and doesn't like team work, don't get this game because it isn't going to work for you.

Posted on Feb 3, 2012 9:29:50 AM PST
DJ says:
I played the demo with a buddy, and I definitely enjoyed the team aspect of healing each other and breaching enemy armor and defenses. Don't even bother trying to play by yourself, it's too hard and frustrating, but with friends, it can be great and unique. The game has potential, but it's a little rough around the edges. (The demo in particular froze my Xbox twice). I expect the final version to be much better; however, and the $20 Amazon gift card is enticing. The demo didn't let you access your syndicate menu, but I'm hoping your online syndicate is persistant and that you can share chip upgrades and weapons with your syndicate online, like how Chromehounds worked back in the day. That'd be cool.

Posted on Feb 3, 2012 7:48:51 PM PST
Mike Sanders says:
great demo, i thought. if you try to do the quick-scope stuff cod players do its really easy all you gotta do is rest the reticle near the head and smash aim n fire its kinda fun-i can see why cod players do it all the time+the moving hud is trippy

Posted on Feb 4, 2012 1:55:56 PM PST
Cam says:
I loved the demo, and I've been replaying constantly.
Why is it that Starbreeze games, despite their unmistakable polish and awesome smooth gameplay, always get bashed?
I LOVED the Riddick games to death, and The Darkness was mindblowing. Syndicate will follow suit, I promise you. Get the Call of Duty virus out of your heads and enjoy the work put into this game!

Posted on Feb 6, 2012 8:40:37 AM PST
Messiah87 says:
I didn't like the demo at first, I kept getting stuck with teams of random people that had no idea how to play games like this, and I wasn't learning how to play with them! Then I found a great random team and played through the game 3 times with them. It was amazing! I love being a sniper in this game, supporting the push up while healing from a distance and calling out targets. I've also played through the demo 4 times solo because you can get a ton of experience that way! I think the game will be a great challenge, but I won't be buying it unless my friends do too, since I don't want to have to solo everything and I don't see us getting AI teammates any time soon. And please, random teams? For every time it works out, there are 10 it doesn't (or you get thrown in right after the final boss is killed and it perma-blocks you from being able to unlock squad heal EVER!)

Posted on Feb 6, 2012 10:47:00 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Feb 18, 2012 2:43:06 PM PST]

Posted on Feb 6, 2012 10:59:41 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 6, 2012 10:59:54 PM PST
FPS_DOUG says:
Had a lot of fun and am thinking of picking this up because of the 20$ credit... I know im getting mass effect 3 so 90$ for both games plus another 10$ after mass effect is a good deal to me.
I played with a couple friends and it took several trys before we got the hang of it. We ended up beating the level a couple times leveled some stuff up. Sence I played with 3 people we had one guy pretty much be the "tank" one healng everyone then another either took out straglers, gaurded our flank, or flank the enemy. After a while we just trucked threw the lvl to pick up "chips" which are used to level up your guy. Then we moved on to hard. It was harder and we died a couple times, but the added difficulty made it even better. To anyone on the demo you need a Team for co-op you cant do it alone. For intance the bosses you need one person to gain its attention while the other deactivates his shields from behind.
XIGRIMxREAPERIX

Posted on Feb 6, 2012 11:50:58 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Feb 18, 2012 2:43:14 PM PST]

Posted on Feb 7, 2012 10:17:33 AM PST
PNeafsey says:
Also, for those bashing the demo for bugs or feel, remember that demo's are submitted AT LEAST 3 months before release, so this demo was already 3months behind when it released and has changed since. Hopefully any complaints have been playtested out and listened to from demo players. So the final game release should see a great improvement.

Personally I've only experienced two instances of an issue, and that was when my internet connection was lost, so can't say it was their fault. Really enjoying the demo.

Posted on Feb 7, 2012 11:24:47 AM PST
pork savant says:
It was a good demo, it was difficult to play with only 2 people but we knew that the recommended players was 4. AI was noticeably smart and really takes advantage and rushes when a teammate is down, which made it much more difficult for us and which impressed us. You definitely can't CoD lone wolf it in this game, and if you do that and go down chances are good that you could bring everyone else down too.

Only sketchy thing was that the demo froze my friend's console, and 30 minutes later it froze mine too. Of course that will probably be fixed in the final release, but I'm pretty surprised frankly that it wasn't fixed for the demo.

Probably not worth $60 for this game, especially since it's not something you can really play by yourself, but at $40 I'm still on the fence about it.

Posted on Feb 15, 2012 5:39:51 AM PST
Alaa M. says:
Loved the demo. Hate to pay 40$ after credit for yet another game but I don't think I had that much fun on my 360 except with BF3.

Posted on Feb 16, 2012 11:34:02 AM PST
Peragulator says:
Crysis 2 meets Crackdown. Good game and I had fun with the demo, but I don't think this is a game you'll be playing for 3 months.

Posted on Feb 16, 2012 3:10:35 PM PST
D.S. says:
Loved the demo, I played it with 4 players and it was a lot of fun. I really liked the style of play especially how you heal and revive your teammates. There was also good selection of characters to choose from.

Posted on Feb 16, 2012 3:13:53 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Feb 18, 2012 2:55:28 PM PST]

Posted on Feb 17, 2012 6:13:03 AM PST
B. McBeth says:
Yeah, for 40 it's not a bad deal. I like the "chipsets" and coop especially. I think the added features of the full game will have even more promise, curious to see how your chosen Syndicate plays out.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Syndicate forum
Participants:  35
Total posts:  56
Initial post:  Jan 31, 2012
Latest post:  Feb 23, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

This discussion is about
Syndicate
Syndicate by Electronic Arts (Xbox 360)
3.9 out of 5 stars (126)